Notifications
Clear all

Vintage Television

Page 7 / 7
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

@narnian78 

I haven't seen those in a while, but I remember enjoying them. I think the second was a combination of three books, Anne of Avonlea, Anne of the Island, and Anne of Windy Poplars.

I also remember watching Anne of Green Gables: The Animated Series when I was kid on PBS. I think there was also a series called the Road to Avonlea which I haven't seen.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 21, 2024 6:13 pm
Narnian78 liked
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

@jasmine_tarkheena 

The second series was Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel and I believe it was adapted from the books that you mentioned.  I would recommend all of the series, although I only purchased the first three. They aren’t that expensive to buy if you really like them. It’s so enjoyable watching the programs again even though I have seen them multiple times. The acting is so excellent!  🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 21, 2024 7:37 pm
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

I caved and we started watching season 4 of The Fugitive before finishing Mannix. I really enjoy the black and white shows, so I wasn't expecting to like the color season that well...but I have been pleasantly surprised by it. We've watching just over half of the season. One of the nice things about it being the only season in color is no episode endings are from the previous seasons. Smile  

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 23, 2024 1:57 pm
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

I am almost finished with the third series of Anne of Green Gables.  Although I like the first two series better it is quite good drama. My set doesn’t have anything else from the series that followed except for a few clips in the bonus features.  So I can’t honestly say what the other programs are like, although they do seem kind of interesting. It’s kind of unfortunate that it didn’t turn into a long running television series. But if it would it probably will become something like the Little House on the Prairie television show, which was a very loose adaptation of the books.  I can’t say I dislike Little House since the TV series had some fine acting, although it wasn’t always accurate to the books. It would have been nice if more of the stories of Anne of Green Gables would have come to the screen.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 25, 2024 2:55 am
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

I wonder if the Anne of Green Gables books could be made into a TV series. I'm not saying it would happen but it's a thought. I know that Netflix tried to do that with Anne With An E but it didn't turn out so well. So if they could do a TV series (one that follows the books closely), it would be something! 

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 25, 2024 5:39 pm
Narnian78 liked
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

@jasmine_tarkheena 

It would be a great idea if a series longer than a miniseries could be created.  But I don’t know if anyone could raise the money for it or if a really good actress could be found to play Anne. It would be hard to find someone as good as Megan Follows.  But maybe someday another great series will be created. It happened many times with movies and television shows based on Charles Dickens’ books. Perhaps the same thing could be done with Anne of Green Gables. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 25, 2024 5:51 pm
Page 7 / 7
Share: