Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Narnia.com Down for Maintenance

icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

Not so much a rumour, but rather just some idle speculation on my part.... But when I go to Narnia.com right now I get redirected to a "Under Maintenance" placeholder page.

Other than me being bored and starved for news, a couple of things struck me as interesting about that situation:

1. The Narnia.com website has updated and changed numerous times over the last few years, but it has never required them to take the website down while they do updates. They just replace the old page with the new page whenever it's ready.

2. The "Under Maintenance" page I get redirected to is a UK specific domain. This hasn't happened since the Disney/Walden days when Narnia.com used to redirect you to Narnia.co.uk for some region-specific movie content. Again, I can't think why they would feel the need to reintroduce regionalisation on the web page now.

Perhaps it's all just nothing, perhaps it's a Harper Collins thing, perhaps (fingers crossed) it's a Netflix thing... Just can't figure out what or why...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 5, 2024 2:48 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Thanks for the information. We'll await developments!

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 5, 2024 5:02 pm
Impending Doom
(@impending-doom)
Adventurous Stranger Knight of NarniaWeb

I'm able to view the website from Canada. Could it be a region-based block?  

"Tollers, there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves." - C.S. Lewis

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 5, 2024 6:03 pm
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

@impending-doom that's interesting. I wonder if it's just the UK then?

For reference, I've attached a screenshot...

It's been this way for at least 4 or more days now

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 6, 2024 2:13 am
Cleander liked
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

So the site has been down for a month now... Any initial excitement I had about it being for an imminent refresh of exciting new content has subsided into one of confusion as to why they would take the site down for so long if the new site wasn't ready yet.

I assume everyone in the UK is redirected  to the same Maintenance message and it's not just me ...?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 1, 2024 2:37 pm
Share: