Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Narnia.com Down for Maintenance

icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

Not so much a rumour, but rather just some idle speculation on my part.... But when I go to Narnia.com right now I get redirected to a "Under Maintenance" placeholder page.

Other than me being bored and starved for news, a couple of things struck me as interesting about that situation:

1. The Narnia.com website has updated and changed numerous times over the last few years, but it has never required them to take the website down while they do updates. They just replace the old page with the new page whenever it's ready.

2. The "Under Maintenance" page I get redirected to is a UK specific domain. This hasn't happened since the Disney/Walden days when Narnia.com used to redirect you to Narnia.co.uk for some region-specific movie content. Again, I can't think why they would feel the need to reintroduce regionalisation on the web page now.

Perhaps it's all just nothing, perhaps it's a Harper Collins thing, perhaps (fingers crossed) it's a Netflix thing... Just can't figure out what or why...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 5, 2024 2:48 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Thanks for the information. We'll await developments!

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 5, 2024 5:02 pm
Impending Doom
(@impending-doom)
Adventurous Stranger Knight of NarniaWeb

I'm able to view the website from Canada. Could it be a region-based block?  

"Tollers, there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves." - C.S. Lewis

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 5, 2024 6:03 pm
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

@impending-doom that's interesting. I wonder if it's just the UK then?

For reference, I've attached a screenshot...

It's been this way for at least 4 or more days now

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 6, 2024 2:13 am
Cleander liked
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

So the site has been down for a month now... Any initial excitement I had about it being for an imminent refresh of exciting new content has subsided into one of confusion as to why they would take the site down for so long if the new site wasn't ready yet.

I assume everyone in the UK is redirected  to the same Maintenance message and it's not just me ...?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 1, 2024 2:37 pm
Ilovenarnia82
(@ilovenarnia82)
NarniaWeb Regular

@icarus it is still down I'm in the u.s.and I get the same error message. I have read the books in my adolescent teenage years and early to mid 20s and I have reread them again since Dec or so of last year and will be entering the last battle next. I am only saying as I'm familiar somewhat with the books but not the web world of Narnia so is there another site like Narnia.com for Narnia? Or is narniaweb the closest to that since I am guessing news about Narnia can be found here? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 8, 2024 6:54 pm
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru
Posted by: @ilovenarnia82
It is still down I'm in the u.s.and I get the same error message.

That's interesting to hear - for a while I was worried that it might just be me!

Posted by: @ilovenarnia82

is there another site like Narnia.com for Narnia? Or is narniaweb the closest to that since I am guessing news about Narnia can be found here? 

I would say, that even at the best of times, the official Narnia.com website is pretty limited for news, and for content - it tends to be only for the big news, so hopefully when it returns online it will be because there is some big news to tell!

In terms of other websites, NarniaWeb is definitely the best for current news, though there are other Fan sites in our there which have some good Narnia content, such as:

• The Lions Call 
  • Into The Wardrobe 
  • Narnia Fans

And probably one or two others.

NarniaWeb though definitely has the most up-to-date news, and the most active community in my opinion.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 19, 2024 2:15 am
Ilovenarnia82
(@ilovenarnia82)
NarniaWeb Regular

That is what I figured as well. Thank you 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 19, 2024 8:09 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

@icarus the website Into The Wardrobe doesn't run Narnia movie news, but has other background information. There's a YouTube channel that used the same name; it seems to discuss various things.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 19, 2024 2:35 pm
Ilovenarnia82
(@ilovenarnia82)
NarniaWeb Regular

I enjoy the YouTube channel into the wardrobe. YouTube is also where I can rewatch the BBC movies as my collection of Narnia I haven't had for some years. Libraries is where I can read books of Narnia and other things. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 26, 2024 4:03 am
coracle liked
Share: