Notifications
Clear all

Do you like religious films?

Page 5 / 5
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru
Posted by: @king-nain

Do horror films count? There are quite a few religious horror films.

I don't know if horror films would count. I'm not really into those myself. Horror films tend to expose us to the demonic world, so that's something we have to be cautious about.

If you mean like the end time movies, those could be kind of scary. I haven't really watched many of those, though. I've watched the Left Behind trilogy and a movie called The Omega Code. I actually consider those to be more of a thriller, though.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 17, 2023 7:58 am
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

I wonder if anyone has watched religious films during the holiday season? There isn't a really a whole lot. I remember seeing The Nativity Story in theaters, which is a movie about the birth of Christ.

There has not been very many Christmas specials about baby Jesus. I grew up watching A Charlie Brown Christmas, and it features Linus telling about baby Jesus.

So I wonder if anyone has watched religious films during the Holiday season or even a Christmas special.

(Emeth, The Last Battle)

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 11, 2023 2:21 pm
Col Klink
(@col-klink)
NarniaWeb Junkie

@jasmine_tarkheena There's this webpage called The Island of Misfit Christmas Specials that's full of reviews of obscure or semi obscure Christmas specials. One of them is called The Little Troll Prince and the reviewer describes it as being explicitly and inextricably Christian. However, they also describe it as not being very good. Giggle You might want to check it out anyway. There are a lot of big names in the voice cast. 

For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen check out my new blog!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 11, 2023 6:51 pm
Azog the Defiler
(@azog-the-defiler)
NarniaWeb Nut
Posted by: @jasmine_tarkheena

The Passion of the Christ is a really hard movie to watch, especially if you are religious. Though I will say it is actually close to accurate, especially in showing how badly Jesus was beaten.

It's a shame they didn't get into the post-Resurrection events. It's a key part of the story, and it would lighten it up a bit. I didn't personally find it nearly as gruesome as a lot of movies today, but it definitely made the statement.

Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.

-Benjamin Franklin

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 11, 2023 7:38 pm
DiogoSabino KnightofAslan
(@diogosabino-knightofaslan)
NarniaWeb Newbie

@azog-the-defiler You might like to know that a sequel is in the works that is called Ressurrection I believe!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 12, 2023 5:32 am
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

There's been so many religious movies about Jesus, and that's a hard Bible character get right, especially the kind of person He was.

There's also a movie that just came out called The Shift which is a modern thriller take on the Book of Job.  I'll probably go see it eventually.

(Emeth, The Last Battle)

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 12, 2023 8:39 am
Azog the Defiler
(@azog-the-defiler)
NarniaWeb Nut
Posted by: @diogosabino-knightofaslan

@azog-the-defiler You might like to know that a sequel is in the works that is called Resurrection I believe!

I may have heard about that a while ago. I'm glad to see them completing the story, because that's rather important.

Posted by: @jasmine_tarkheena

There's been so many religious movies about Jesus, and that's a hard Bible character get right, especially the kind of person He was.

You're probably right. A mortal being can't explain the divine perfectly.

Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.

-Benjamin Franklin

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 14, 2023 6:14 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

King of Kings was actually on Inspirational Channel this morning for Easter. I didn't have time to watch the whole thing though, since our church was having an Easter breakfast.

(Emeth, The Last Battle)

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 31, 2024 2:50 pm
Narnian78 liked
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

@jasmine_tarkheena 

I watched King of Kings on Blu-ray Thursday night and last night I watched The Ten Commandments.  Tonight I am watching Ben-Hur.  I have seen these movies multiple times and I never tire of watching them.  They are wonderful classic films that are no longer made, but I still appreciate them very much no matter how often I watch them. I purchased them years ago so that I don’t have to wait until they are shown again on television. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 31, 2024 3:37 pm
Page 5 / 5
Share: