Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

IMDb post says: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician's Nephew

Lewishimself
(@lewishimself)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I was looking through IMDb for Narnia news and found a post that said that a Magician’s Nephew movie was in development. Could this be true???? I’ve attached a screenshot.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 27, 2023 5:44 pm
Col Klink
(@col-klink)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I suspect this is someone at IMDB jumping the gun. They know that Netflix is working on a series of Narnia movies and since The Magician's Nephew is listed as the first book nowadays, they assumed that's the one they're adapting. If Netflix had officially announced it, I'm sure Narniaweb would have done a story about it. 

For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen check out my new blog!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 27, 2023 8:54 pm
Cleander liked
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

There has been that rumour for years, ever since the second Walden was released. I think anyone could have posted it  having read the ideas others shared.

@Lewishimself Narniaweb has been the best place for news on Narnia films, for the last 20 years.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 28, 2023 1:37 am
Cleander liked
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

IMDb has always been overly aggressive with posting pages on their website. They had an MN page up way back in the Walden days (Walden wanted to make MN after VDT). What I don't know is if they took it back down once Walden was out or if this is the page you found?
IMDb also had a Silver Chair page up for a while when Joe Johnston was going to direct, I haven't looked lately to see if that one ever was taken down or not. 

So it's POSSIBLE that they put a new page up and that's what Ms. Gerwig is writing and directing first? But without having IMDbPro access to see the details, I can't say for sure, and even then I'd want another much more reliable source to confirm the news. 

But thanks for sharing @Lewishimself !! We appreciate you dropping by and posting about it. Grin Certainly worth keeping an eye on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 28, 2023 10:52 am
LentenLands
(@lentenlands)
NarniaWeb Regular

@fantasia There appear to be two separate listings on IMDB. This one and then another called Untitled Netflix/Chronicles of Narnia TV Movie.  

This can often happen when a project is in development for a long time with very little new information, as the  people who work on it will often make new pages, and then IMDB will haphazardly try to combine them. 

Interestingly, the Magician's Nephew one has a much longer list of status updates (again, I can only assume this is a result of multiple different pages being combined).

However, the two most recent updates (2019, and 2022) are listed as 'Treatments' aka the document that lays out a summary of the movie's entire planned plot beat for beat shown to the executives, before the first draft is allowed to be written. Further proof of multiple changes in direction during the long gestation period? 

This post was modified 4 months ago by LentenLands
ReplyQuote
Posted : January 16, 2024 7:07 pm
Share: