Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Star Trek

Page 4 / 4
GlimfeatherGirl
(@glimfeathergirl)
NarniaWeb Newbie

@narnian78 just starting The Next Generation and really enjoying it, ironic since I never felt I could get into the OG series. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 22, 2023 7:12 am
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

@glimfeathergirl 

I think I have seen every episode of The Next Generation and I enjoyed many of the episodes. My favorite is the original series, although I also like Voyager (mostly the first three seasons), Star Trek : Enterprise, and the animated series.  I saw only one episode of Strange New Worlds and it was okay just like the Abrams films. But I think the original series was by far the best for the acting and ideas for the stories.

I have started reading Wounded Sky by Diane Duane.  It looks like a fine novel like Spock’s World and all of the other Star Trek books that she wrote. Hopefully, I will be able to read more of them. I would also recommend reading other original series books which are mostly available on eBay, although some may still be in libraries. Some of the books may be available in used book stores. They are well worth looking up since the older novels have the best writing. I recommend them highly.  🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 22, 2023 2:03 pm
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

It might be best for people who are unfamiliar with the original series to start with the remastered version.  They would be less likely to be put off by the dated special effects. I kind of enjoy watching the old special effects, but today's generation might like the CGI better.  Either way you still have the great acting and stories that were created in the long ago time, which have endured for decades.  🙂

Some of the fan videos are quite good. The actors from the original series occasionally played older versions of their characters such as Walter Koenig as Chekov and George Takei as Sulu. Some of the stories were written by people involved in the original series such as by D. C. Fontana. I think that the New Voyages fan videos probably recreated the time of the original series more faithfully than the Abrams films, which were made for the big screen.

This episode is one of the better fan videos:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 28, 2023 8:14 am
Page 4 / 4
Share: