Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode 6

Page 2 / 5
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

Just 3; I think the news post says that; but yeah, 3 maps/chests for 6 clues total.

Spareoom.net

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 27, 2023 5:09 pm
fantasia liked
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

I did hardly even try to solve the riddles, I just went straight for the spoilers Tongue  

So I now have in my inventory, Map Pieces: 1 Tale of the Bountiful Beanstalk - and can just sit back and wait for the new area to open.

I'll be hunting in the Table of Contents until then. It must have been during the Great Winter Hunt that I got so much materials for Final Draft Derby cheese. I've been able to hunt there without having got the last update in the Farm and the Pond, but yesterday I got the last ToC update instead, the Golden Quill! Shocked I'll farm Gnawbel prizes for the new traps before going back to the missing updates. I have already silvered the Mythweaver. His eggs were a great help during the GWH, containing 10 prizes!

They say that the Charming PrinceBot trap (Physical power) will be useful for the next area, so my next 2500 Gnawbel prizes will go towards that.

(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 1, 2023 4:21 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

How is everyone feeling about the new area? Between the fact I was finishing up my homeschooling year with my kids and the fact I don't like spoilers, it's definitely been a rocky start on my end trying to feel out what on earth is going on. I'm definitely getting the hang of things. (Such as, figuring out the number under loot multiplier = the noise you make. Duh.) I haven't made it into the top tier of the castle yet, but I'm close. Maybe later today or tomorrow.

And as a side note, the Kenny G inspired mouse literally made me and my husband laugh out loud. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 19, 2023 9:38 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Before I waste any more time, I have a question. I have been in the Great Hall Floor since Monday, just using junk cheese and a handful of harp strings to last as long as possible. I haven't had a single room that has above a x2 multiplier yet, and I'm wondering if I needed to add an upgrade to get one? Or if I just have a lot of DHU?

@gymfan15 @varna

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 25, 2023 6:45 am
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

I've actually played the MouseHunt during my time away from the Narniaweb Forum.

I'm actually at the level of Journey Woman.

And it's been great to see some other Narniawebbers are there as well.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 1, 2023 6:50 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

How's everyone doing in the new area? 

I have one golden goose and ALMOST a second one so far. I think I've gotten into a decent rhythm of how I want to spend my hard-earned supplies in various areas within the hallways. Farming plain ol' magic beans is the trickiest bit. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2023 8:46 am
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

I'm playing very passively these days, and I'm not getting very far. I'm working on getting enough fertilizer for my second run to the Great Hall, not being anywhere near a goose. I have bronzed most of the Beanstalk mice, though, other than the Mythical Giant King and the newest mouse, the Herbaceous Bravestalk (another SB+ only mouse) - I've caught them both, but only once. I've even silvered some of the others.

Not my favorite area, I prefer the Table of Contents, but I hope at least to farm some more Golden Eggs and buy some of the weapons - I've only bought the Royal Ruby Refractor Base.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 23, 2023 12:30 am
fantasia liked
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

I'm in about exactly the same spot as you FK; I got unlucky with the timing of the recent update/patch, otherwise I would have two Geese by now and working on my third. As it stands, I have one, and I will get my second easily today and make good progress on a third (so I can wrap it up in one more run).

I'm enjoying the area decently so far, although I have found one really frustrating aspect (that came with the new update, ironically). There's no way to purposefully or artificially limit how many hunts you take with Leaping Lavish, so you have exactly four hunts to disarm otherwise you'll zoom past the room you might want. In other areas if I've crafted/bought too many of a cheese that functions in that way, I can "sell" them on the Marketplace for absurd amounts of money and then cancel the order when I want the cheese back. I can't do that here (and I stupidly crafted a TON initially) so I feel a bit annoyed by that.

Spareoom.net

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2023 7:17 am
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Posted by: @gymfan15

I'm enjoying the area decently so far, although I have found one really frustrating aspect (that came with the new update, ironically). There's no way to purposefully or artificially limit how many hunts you take with Leaping Lavish, so you have exactly four hunts to disarm otherwise you'll zoom past the room you might want.

I thought that Dave said in a FeedBack Friday video recently that if you had less hunts left of a room than the cheese would leap, you would stop at the end of the room so that you could disarm the cheese if you wanted to do the next room more slowly.

This may of course have been just a suggestion that wasn't implemented, or I may have misunderstood the whole idea ...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 24, 2023 3:27 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I finally got into the last set of hallways and got the new base!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2023 8:11 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

@varna So it definitely leaps "evenly" (like it won't leap you into the next room with one piece of cheese), but it doesn't disarm or stop at the end of a room, so if you don't manually change your cheese, you'll just keep leaping. I leaped past a couple rooms that I wanted that way by accident. 

Spareoom.net

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2023 3:59 pm
Jasmine liked
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

I am currently in the Windmill. There are times the mouse gets trapped and other times it will just want to nibble on the cheese.

I'm actually getting the hang of it. 

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2023 6:18 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I was in a good rhythm with the Beanstalk, but two days ago the inevitable finally happened. I fell asleep early without setting my trap up correctly and blew my run by summoning the Mythical Giant King in a horrible hallway. The good news is that I did get just enough Golden Goose eggs that I was still able to buy the Legendary KingBot trap yesterday, but I'm sad that I've been getting approximately one goose's worth of eggs per run, and I sure didn't even come close on my last run. 

So between this incident and what Gymfan posted about above regarding Leaping Lavish cheese, my strategy from here on out is only going to be craft just enough cheese to get to the end of the hallway but not complete it. I know I'll lose hunts doing that, but at least I won't blow a full run and I think in the end my runs will be far more efficient and not waste supplies. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 13, 2023 6:23 am
Jasmine liked
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
Posted by: @fantasia

I was in a good rhythm with the Beanstalk, but two days ago the inevitable finally happened. I fell asleep early without setting my trap up correctly and blew my run by summoning the Mythical Giant King in a horrible hallway. The good news is that I did get just enough Golden Goose eggs that I was still able to buy the Legendary KingBot trap yesterday, but I'm sad that I've been getting approximately one goose's worth of eggs per run, and I sure didn't even come close on my last run. 

So between this incident and what Gymfan posted about above regarding Leaping Lavish cheese, my strategy from here on out is only going to be craft just enough cheese to get to the end of the hallway but not complete it. I know I'll lose hunts doing that, but at least I won't blow a full run and I think in the end my runs will be far more efficient and not waste supplies. 

Crying Crying Crying Ugh that's so not fun; so sorry!

I've taken a break from the Beanstalk during Ronza because the Vines aren't the best place for catch rate (even with the Kingbot) and I'm more in Fert farming mode at the moment...probably won't go back to the Giants Hall until the maps are out in a few weeks; since I'm in no particular rush for Geese anymore now that my next upgrade is literally a dozen away.

I did spend a stupid amount of gold during Ronza so I could get the new Chrome kit and then two others that I needed for collection purposes...$$$!!! But that is done now. I could have done it cheaper if I'd used my vouchers on them but I've opted to spend those on UC's instead and just pay the gold for the kits. I'm broke now, but it'll come back quickly.

Spareoom.net

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 15, 2023 8:08 pm
fantasia and Jasmine liked
Varnafinde
(@varna)

The first few years after I joined MouseHunt in 2012, we were told that if we had any gold left after Ronza had been here, we hadn't used the opportunities well.

For one thing, I had a smaller total of gold then than I usually have now, and for another, she had more things to sell that were interesting for my level of playing then. After her first visit after I had joined, I didn't have enough gold left to travel to a different area (those were the days when we had to pay for travel) and had to stay put where I was until I had hunted enough to get gold to pay for some travel.

This year I've spent my vouchers on one kit (and made the Chrome Circlet of Pursuing Trap) and one crate of charms. I'll spend most of my chrome bits on charged toothlets, and a fair amount of my gold on various charms. I won't buy the LE trap, as it is a medium Hydro one (and very much worth buying if you only have a weak Hydro trap so far), and I already have stronger Hydro traps. I'm not that keen on trap collecting.

I'm in my second Great Hall now, and I don't really know what I'm doing. I need to play passively, and I don't know what strategy I need to go for, or how to apply one. I guess I'll be spending most of my harp strings (I only have just over 1300), probably getting golden eggs, but not really earning what I should.

Edit:

I said that I need to play passively. Perhaps I need to take a complete break, at least for a while.

I've finally reached 10 000 golden eggs - not close to a goose. And seeing that I might need several hundred thousand such eggs, this isn't very encouraging. I spent the rest of my chrome bits on charged toothlets, as planned, not to waste them, in case I come back from the break later.

This will give me more time to follow up and post in NarniaWeb ... Tongue  

This post was modified 10 months ago 4 times by Varnafinde

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 17, 2023 4:45 am
Page 2 / 5
Share: