Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Everyone wants to talk weather Part 3

Page 13 / 13
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Our latest storm is wrapping up, though more snow is still expected. We more than doubled the season snowfall total so far (which was paltry by local standards), even if the calendar says spring. 😉

The biggest storm was Sunday into Monday, when we got about 10 inches (255mm) of wet, heavy, "heart-attack" snow. Last night there was a brief time when we got light rain, compacting the snow somewhat and making for treacherous driving conditions, and today we've received about 4 inches (100mm) of "wrap-around" snow as the large low-pressure area moves off to the east.

It looks a lot like Christmas out there, but upcoming expected warmth means that at least some of this may melt by Easter.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 26, 2024 11:59 am
johobbit liked
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee
Posted by: @stargazer

Our latest storm is wrapping up, though more snow is still expected. We more than doubled the season snowfall total so far (which was paltry by local standards), even if the calendar says spring. ;)....

It looks a lot like Christmas out there, but upcoming expected warmth means that at least some of this may melt by Easter.

Wow! Odd that our autumn, so far, was almost the reverse of what you have been describing. March has been unseasonably warm, hotter in the first 2 weeks than it was last Summer, except for two or three heat waves that hovered around the late 30's to 40 degrees C mark, at worst. Now, it is becoming how I see traditional Easter weather, here. Perhaps cloudy or even stormy on Good Friday and clearing beautifully by Sunday morning. I can't really imagine Good Friday snow of any kind. 

Though I've been in Greece, Istanbul & Gallipoli, & around the Aegean Sea, & the weather there, between 14-25 April of 2015, was slightly chillier than it was in Sydney, later in autumn, there never was the slightest hint of snow, nor was there any in Paris or on "Flanders Fields", near the Belgian border, the following two days.  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 26, 2024 7:03 pm
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Spring has sprung here in SW Ontario. While there were wannabe flurries last weekend, nothing much developed, 'though our chance for snow is present for a few weeks yet. I keep saying I still hope for one more good snowstorm. But that is unlikely. Giggle   And we certainly cannot plant any annuals or seed the gardens until later May, as there is a risk of frost until then.

The grass is green (that lovely, healthy spring green) and growing. Time to get the riding mower out to see how it fared over the winter! The bulb flowers are out everywhere: crocuses, daffodils, hyacinths, tulips are well on their way. Snowdrops are finished.

Our daytime temps over the next week range from high single digits (Celsius) to mid-teens, with some good rain on half those days. At nighttime, however, we are hovering around freezing, either a bit above or a bit below Smile ... except for tonight, which is forecast to be warm for this time of year here at 10°C / 50F, with thunderstorms.

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 17, 2024 10:37 am
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Spring has arrived here as well. Over an inch of rain (30mm) fell the other day, helping to reduce the ongoing drought. It certainly greened up the grass and the trees are budding and starting to bloom (and contributing pollen to my allergies!).

The high last Saturday was 86F/29C, but frost advisories are up for the next few nights. Ah, spring indeed!

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 18, 2024 7:57 pm
Page 13 / 13
Share: