Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The 2020 Tokyo Olympics

Page 2 / 2
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I decided that my favorite events must be the ones where people twist and turn in the air. That covers gymnastics (of all types), diving, and trampoline. I also really like synchronized swimming because it just blows my mind that that is even physically possible. At any rate, I tried to catch it all!

My kiddos watched several matches of volleyball and softball. Not so much basketball or baseball. We did watch a bit of water polo. 

Swimming and track and field I went back and watched the highlights. 

Also took a peek at wrestling, surfing, table tennis, equestrian, etc. 

It was mostly just a fun time watching with my kiddos. Smile  

Looking forward to the Beijing Winter Olympics coming up in just a few months!

Topic starter Posted : August 21, 2021 3:16 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee

We still have the Paralympics to go, before we are fully finished in Tokyo, though. As examples of triumphing over personal limitations, those events can be as truly inspiring as the main event was. They start Tuesday, 24th August, the day after tomorrow, and finish on 5th September. 

Tokyo is an hour behind Eastern Australian Standard Time. So we have a second chance to have a way of enjoying ourselves during those events, especially as the lockdown restrictions have been tightened, with curfews between 9.00 pm & 5.00 pm. Fantasia, when exactly are the Beijing Olympics going to be scheduled? There is also going to be the Birmingham Commonwealth Games next year but not sure when.

Posted : August 21, 2021 6:16 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: