Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Tome & Folio - Books: Third Edition

Page 11 / 11
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

I finished Do More Better. Dancing Unfortunately it wasn't very helpful, too much stuff related to using apps. But I'm glad I finally finished it.

April was kind of a crazy month, so I decided it was good time to read some fiction that has been in my collection for years and I read Snow Angel by Jamie Carie (yes, teenage me liked this book and its cover a lot Giggle ), Rekindled and Revealed by Tamera Alexander. And then I started into my Gilbert Morris collection reading The Saintly Buccaneer, The Reluctant Bridegroom, The Last Confederate, and The Dixie Widow. The Last Confederate is still my favorite of the House of Winslow series and The Dixie Widow is a close second. I was relieved to find some of my teenage favorites aren't terrible. Giggle And Gilbert Morris was definitely one of my favorites, at one point I had 30 of his books. My younger sisters don't care for most of the Gilbert Morris books they have read, but I still like them. I have two more House of Winslow books and then I will either read The Cheney Duvall M.D. series or switch authors and read Stuart Brannon by Stephen Bly. Hard choice for me.

I was reading Luke by Michael Card and The White Horse King by Ben Merkle in April, but I didn't finished either of them...so I will try to get them done in the next week or so. I've requested two more books on the Crusades from the library, I would like to finish the books I am currently reading before starting the new batch.

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 7, 2024 7:57 pm
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

I was wondering if anyone else here reads lighthouse books and magazines.  I have a number of books on lighthouses of the Great Lakes. The last one I bought was Lighthouses and Lifesaving on the Great Lakes by Linda Osbourne Cynowa. I also subscribe to Lighthouse Digest magazine, which may be the only magazine entirely devoted to lighthouses. Michigan has over 100 lighthouses along its coastline, which is the most of any state in the U. S. The books and magazines are of excellent quality for the history of lighthouses and they are very interesting reading.  🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 8, 2024 8:11 am
Page 11 / 11
Share: