Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Susan - Anna Popplewell

Page 4 / 12
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

So, the trailer for PC and LWW started in different places where the movie didn't actually begin. That's the point of trailers. There could be a train station scene before or after the movie where Susan appears in her english clothes. There was a picture of Peter's stand in, in english clothes so Susan must be around there somewhere. ;)

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : June 23, 2010 12:01 pm
HighQueen_Of_LanternWaste
(@highqueen_of_lanternwaste)
NarniaWeb Nut

ditto! I am glad that someone is glad to see her in the trailer besides myself! I can't wait to see what she and Peter will be doing in VotDT! :D

You're certainly not the only one! I was very excited to see her appear in the trailer, but the my curiousity is killing me on whether or not she'll be in another scene besides the magician's book (like the Pevenses walking towards the camera scene, if that even ends up being in the actual film!)

Besides that, I'm sure however short her appearance might be, she will do a lovely job. I've personally loved her potrayal of Susan, it's pretty much how I pictured it reading the series.

Pray for Skandar member!

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -C.S. Lewis

Posted : June 28, 2010 7:35 pm
iamgeorgiestwin
(@iamgeorgiestwin)
NarniaWeb Regular

I agree whole heartedly!!!
Susan is a great character and Anna does her part amazingly.(No surprise there!) :) I cannot wait to see what she and Will are up to in VDT. i was surprised that they included them in the trailer.

iHeart Georgie!
sig: Awel Prince avy: me!
member of The Missing club! PM me to join!

Posted : August 10, 2010 2:08 pm
MaidenofNarnia
(@maidenofnarnia)
NarniaWeb Regular

For those of you who are fans of Anna Popplewell, I found this new video of her most recent interview. It was originally posted on the Narnia fans forum.

Here it is:

... Btbz7ZRjRY

Posted : August 14, 2010 1:57 pm
NarniaWeb Nut

I saw that interview a while back, now she will be (if she hasn't already, I believe she did..) graduating from Oxford. I get news on her from apopplewell.com.

Pray for Skandar member!

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -C.S. Lewis

Posted : August 14, 2010 6:13 pm
Sui-Lun
(@sui-lun)
NarniaWeb Regular

She played the gentle queen very well.

Well, she did play her role well, but I'm not sure she's gentle, since she participated in the wars of Prince Caspian. By the way, I did like her playing in the wars; it's interesting. I think Susan did a huge part in Narnia eventhough women in battles are "ugly" (sorry I can't very well remember that line by Father Christmas)

Posted : August 18, 2010 2:01 pm
edmundrox12
(@edmundrox12)
NarniaWeb Regular

she had to fight for her country i think she is still gentle, she was just doing what she had to do, and Oxford, that's impressive

Posted : August 19, 2010 7:27 am
Sui-Lun
(@sui-lun)
NarniaWeb Regular

Is she going to Oxford because Lewis taught there or is it just a coinsidence?

Posted : August 19, 2010 1:23 pm
NarniaWeb Nut

She didn't know until after she applied that he taught there

Pray for Skandar member!

Posted : August 20, 2010 6:55 am
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

There appears to be some sort of interview with Anna Popplewell being broadcast on an internet podcast this Wednesday at 8pm (UK Time), though it seems the interview itself was recorded way back in March at the Memorabilia Event in Birmingham, so i wouldn't expect there to be anything VDT related, but it might be worth a listen anyhow.

http://eztv.it/tvnews/5387/the-sci-fi-g ... esday-on-/

http://www.dtrn.co.uk/

Posted : August 23, 2010 9:23 am
AnnasStar2010
(@annasstar2010)
NarniaWeb Nut

I love Anna as Susan she did such a wonderful job! I find it so sad that Susan doesn't come back :( Though I know it is an important illustration of what can happen I wish there was someone else besides Susan. I suppose that after the Last Battle Susan could have come back to believing. I wish that had been part of the story.

Thanks to Shastafan for the Signature and thanks to lizzyhenley009 for the avatar.

Posted : August 24, 2010 4:53 am
edmundrox12
(@edmundrox12)
NarniaWeb Regular

anna is amazing as susan. i can't imagine anyone else as susan. i was very disapointed when i read that susan stopped believing. i really hoped she would start believing again, i mean she's the only one left, all her siblings died!!!!! :( :( :( :( :(

Posted : August 24, 2010 12:46 pm
AnnasStar2010
(@annasstar2010)
NarniaWeb Nut

Yes. I guess we can just continue the story in our minds, saying that after that experience she turned her life around. :)

Thanks to Shastafan for the Signature and thanks to lizzyhenley009 for the avatar.

Posted : August 24, 2010 1:07 pm
edmundrox12
(@edmundrox12)
NarniaWeb Regular

we shouldn't have to continue it in our minds, lewis should have finished it for us. i know he was an amazing author and all but he should have thought of and added it

Posted : August 25, 2010 9:52 am
AnnasStar2010
(@annasstar2010)
NarniaWeb Nut

That would have been nice. Oh well maybe they'll include it in the movie :D that would be nice!

Posted : August 25, 2010 1:32 pm
Page 4 / 12
Share: