Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Susan - Anna Popplewell

Page 3 / 12
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I hope Anna will be in more things after college. I think she has potential to be in bigger productions.

Her portrayal in LWW was great, I thought she was the best Susan ever in that movie. I was so-so with her performance in PC. Her acting was good during the Cair Paravel ruin scene and the part when she lets Lucy go on to find Aslan without her. I can tell she really gets into the moments with her character. I just felt during some of the scenes (that shouldnt be there) she smiled when i found her character shouldn't have and she was not in the moments. It was like you knew she was thinking "This is ridiculous"

But still I would like to see more of her and I believe she can still do roles that will make her a great role-model.

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : April 3, 2010 9:34 am
Daughter_of_Ramandu
(@daughter_of_ramandu)
NarniaWeb Nut

Congratulations to Miss Anna Popplewell for getting the role of Sophie in Hanna! I'm glad to see that she is still continuing her acting!

Co-Founder of Jilrian Club, Jill/Tirian. PM DamselJillPole or me to join.
A proud Supporter of the Caspian/Lilliandil Romance!
I support Laura Brent!

Posted : May 13, 2010 5:10 am
King_Cor_the_Great
(@king_cor_the_great)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Anna Popplewell will not be acting as Sophie Domerc in the 2011 film Hanna. The character will go to Jessica Barden, a West End performer.

Mr. Beaver: When Adam's Flesh and Adam's bone sits at Cair Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done.
Susan Pevensie: You know that doesn't really rhyme.

Posted : June 6, 2010 3:01 pm
Narnian_Archer
(@narnian_archer)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I hate to disagree with a lot of people on this thread...but I think Susan didn't do very well in PC. She was great in LWW, but not so well in PC. We have a saying here where I live: "She didn't finish her role". She was missing something...I don't know exactly what, but something wasn't there.

sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose

Posted : June 7, 2010 6:29 am
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I hate to disagree with a lot of people on this thread...but I think Susan didn't do very well in PC. She was great in LWW, but not so well in PC. We have a saying here where I live: "She didn't finish her role". She was missing something...I don't know exactly what, but something wasn't there.

I'm going to have to agree and disgree with you here.

I agree that Susan in PC was not a favorite of mine at all either and didn't do to well, a lot of people obviously feel this way but some don't and yes there was something in her character that was missing.

I disagree about what you said with her not finishing the role. The thing she was missing and losing was her faith in Aslan. This takes off as her foreshadowing and how she isn't a friend of Narnia anymore. I'm kinda getting the fact now because she left not changing is because she's turning away from everything and realizes that the true home she wants is to be in England and go to parties and flirt with boys and such.

Posted : June 7, 2010 11:41 am
Narnian_Archer
(@narnian_archer)
NarniaWeb Junkie

DamselJillPole

disagree about what you said with her not finishing the role. The thing she was missing and losing was her faith in Aslan. This takes off as her foreshadowing and how she isn't a friend of Narnia anymore. I'm kinda getting the fact now because she left not changing is because she's turning away from everything and realizes that the true home she wants is to be in England and go to parties and flirt with boys and such.

Yes, you're right. I didn't think of it that way before...that explains a lot of things. :)

sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose

Posted : June 7, 2010 11:27 pm
ChristProclamer
(@christproclamer)
NarniaWeb Nut

Anna isn't going to be in Hanna? *dies*

No! She was the only reason I was going to see that film!

I do hope she picks something up. I'd hate to not see her in anything else ever.

Posted : June 15, 2010 11:23 am
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Anna said she's graduated from Oxford in June and after she would be looking for some more acting roles during the summer in an interview. She'll be in something else. She was too old for the character she was rumored to play in Hanna anyways. I wish her luck to any role she'll come upon. ;)

Posted : June 15, 2010 12:25 pm
De_De
(@de_de)
NarniaWeb Guru

Well she might be in VDT scinse she was in the trailer.

Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club

Posted : June 18, 2010 4:37 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

^^ I think that she is ;)

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : June 19, 2010 1:48 am
King_Cor_the_Great
(@king_cor_the_great)
NarniaWeb Newbie

to me it's nice to see her in vdt with will

Mr. Beaver: When Adam's Flesh and Adam's bone sits at Cair Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done.
Susan Pevensie: You know that doesn't really rhyme.

Posted : June 23, 2010 4:16 am
MaidenofNarnia
(@maidenofnarnia)
NarniaWeb Regular

I feel the same way. However, many fans don`t like the idea very much. I guess because they feel these slight changes disrupt the essence of the story. It`s not that big of a deal . A few brief cameos won`t do much harm. I was more annoyed by the witch popping up than by seeing Anna and Will. I hope the trailer scene with them in it makes it into the film. There have been bigger alterations than this. This little add on is small in comparison to other drastic changes in LWW and PC. It looks like Anna may just have two cameos and Will may have just one. At least going by the trailer imagery , it makes it appear that way. We`ll just have to wait and see.

Posted : June 23, 2010 9:17 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

ditto! I am glad that someone is glad to see her in the trailer besides myself! I can't wait to see what she and Peter will be doing in VotDT! :D

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : June 23, 2010 9:21 am
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

It's just if the scene shown in the trailer will be in the movie then that means Susan gets three cameos. One in in her English outfit, one in the Magician's Book, and this one. That's too many cameos and that is why it upsets a lot of fans. She should be in one and that's it, we should all learn to say good bye because they can't come back in SC or in MN. :p

Posted : June 23, 2010 10:39 am
MaidenofNarnia
(@maidenofnarnia)
NarniaWeb Regular

I thought the image of Susan in the English clothing was just an image from the movie poster and not intended to be an actual cameo. As far as I can tell going by the trailer Susan looks like she appears only twice. I don`t visit the official movie site nor have I followed the movie production history through the beginning up until now. I could be wrong. But your right about needing to let go. Fans are going to have to get used to not seeing our favorite Pevensie kids anymore. :)

Posted : June 23, 2010 11:45 am
Page 3 / 12
Share: