edmundrox12
(@edmundrox12)
NarniaWeb Regular

i doubt it, they're trying to stick to the books as much as possible

Posted : August 26, 2010 5:09 am
AnnasStar2010
(@annasstar2010)
NarniaWeb Nut

yes but they did a kinda bad job last time in regards to peter's character :( We can always hope though :D

Thanks to Shastafan for the Signature and thanks to lizzyhenley009 for the avatar.

Posted : August 26, 2010 6:43 am
edmundrox12
(@edmundrox12)
NarniaWeb Regular

thats true. so maybe they will. but they might not change something as big as that

Posted : August 28, 2010 8:14 am
AnnasStar2010
(@annasstar2010)
NarniaWeb Nut

Yeah guess we'll just have to wait and see :) :D

Thanks to Shastafan for the Signature and thanks to lizzyhenley009 for the avatar.

Posted : August 28, 2010 12:29 pm
edmundrox12
(@edmundrox12)
NarniaWeb Regular

on another note, does anybody remember a while back, right after pc had just come out, there was a GINORMOS debate on susan fighting. who still thinks susan shouldn't have fought?

Posted : August 30, 2010 1:55 pm
De_De
(@de_de)
NarniaWeb Guru

I don't think that Susan should have fought. In the book it clearly stated that Susan didn't like to fight. She never liked the fact of killing people. That is the reason why she id Susan the Gentle. Of course that is just my opinion.

Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club

Posted : August 31, 2010 3:14 am
Lady Galadriel
(@lady-galadriel)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Anyone who has read the book is going to say that it is against Susan's character, ;) and I don't disagree -- especially when she seems to be fighting very much in a Legolas-type style. Indeed, according to the books, she did not like to kill. She was not like Lucy, who was "as good as a man" (to quote a character in HHB), but was "more like an ordinary grown-up lady".

Susan and Lucy's characters seemed to have been mixed up -- Lucy was the gentler one, while Susan was off being valiant. Because of the book, I wish that it had been handled differently. Lucy might appear to be "only a little girl", but the truth was, she had been an adult once before when she reigned with her siblings and participated in wars. Either Lucy could have fought along with the army in PC, or -- and this idea would have been truer to the book -- the filmmakers could have allowed Susan to remain with her to find Aslan.

Posted : September 5, 2010 4:43 pm
WillMo for_the_win
(@willmo-for_the_win)
NarniaWeb Regular

I absolutely love Susan! She's one of my most favorite characters along with Peter, Jill, and Aslan. I just didn't like the Suspian/Cassu shipping. I just hope they don't insert that. It's a distraction to the book fans like me! (But I prefer JillStace! Haha!)

I loved the way she fought. I was thinking, "Didn't she ran out of weapons?" throughout the battle in PC. :D ;)

Posted : September 6, 2010 3:37 am
narnian_at_heart
(@narnian_at_heart)
NarniaWeb Guru

http://justjaredjr.buzznet.com/2010/09/18/anna-popplewell-charlie-st-cloud-premiere-pretty/. Here is Anna at the premier of Charlie St. Cloud. I love her outfit!

Posted : September 19, 2010 8:23 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

^^ yay! it's nice to know that she has a tiny bit in the movie but that she is still there!

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : September 20, 2010 10:13 am
Elanor
(@elanor)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I think she did an excellent job in both of the movies, though I don't like how she was portrayed . . . I can't hold that against Anna!!
I must admit I'm glad she's in VoDT a little, though she really *shouldn't*.

NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby

Posted : September 21, 2010 7:27 am
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

I think in VDT they might begin to introduce Susan's

What with her and all the rest mentioned in the report, I think they want to start showing signs of what she will become in LB...

~Riella

Posted : October 10, 2010 2:12 pm
Valiant
(@valiant)
NarniaWeb Guru

^ I'm glad they are starting the forshadowing it.

Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic

Posted : October 17, 2010 12:49 pm
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)
Member Moderator Emeritus

It completely makes sense that they would do something like that, Eustace+Jill. This is the last chance they have to do so, as this is

Spoiler
the Pevensies' last technical appearance as children until LB
. Like Valiant, I am glad they are doing it too.

av by dot

Posted : October 17, 2010 2:29 pm
aragorn2
(@aragorn2)
NarniaWeb Junkie

though I wouldn't be too shocked if they tried to have her come to Aslan's country just so all the fans could have a happy ending

Posted : October 18, 2010 4:10 am
Page 5 / 12
Share: