Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Lion Party Ideas

Page 1 / 2
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

You don't have to be a host of a Lion Party to share your ideas on some fun activities and whatnot to do at a party. So start discussing!

In the two parties I've been to in the past, we always had an eat-out afterwards with everybody to discuss the movie and just chit-chat. (Ironically, they were both at pizza places. :)) )

I don't think anybody dressed up for LWW, but several people did for PC, so costumes are always fun. :D

Bring a book or a t-shirt or something for everybody to sign and leave a note! I really wish I had done that for LWW and regret not doing so.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 24, 2010 7:09 am
HighQueenofNarnia
(@highqueenofnarnia)
NarniaWeb Nut

Well, I guess that you could dress up; I've actually never thought of it before. It would declare that you ARE a Narnia fan!!!

And, who knows, if anybody gets really creative and has far too much time on their hands, someone could make a VotDT cake. With an icing Dawn Treader on a blue sea. I have absolutely no clue how to do that, though. So don't ask me. Just an idea!!

Pray for Skandar member! PM Benjamin to join!
I saw the film on Opening Day!
When all else fails, read the Instructions!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2010 9:48 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I'll be buying a copy of VDT with the movie cover assuming that they come out with one to take to have it signed by whomever appears.

We'll probably do the eat out afterward thing as well. It's a common thing at LPs. :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2010 11:53 am
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

Since it is vdt and it is a beach/ocean type movie, Why not have a bach party?. lol I forgot it is winter in america in summer, well thats an idea if you live in Australia, new zealand ect.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2010 3:04 am
ramagut
(@ramagut)
Member Moderator Emeritus

A beach party theme would be a fun idea, esp. if you live in the northern US and it's snowing like crazy outside! (Gymfan!)

At the LWW LP Paul and I did in LA, we had people dress up (mostly kids).

My Renaissance dress will be much more comfortable this time around! (I specifically did not wear it to the PC Lion Party because it was in LA in summer and it was h-o-t!!

I like the cake idea too!

Love God, love people

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2010 7:57 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

ooh, beach party! that's perfect! and everyone can dress up!

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2010 8:33 am
Movie Aristotle
(@risto)
NarniaWeb Junkie

And, who knows, if anybody gets really creative and has far too much time on their hands, someone could make a VotDT cake. With an icing Dawn Treader on a blue sea. I have absolutely no clue how to do that, though. So don't ask me. Just an idea!!

They do have places where you can bring in a photograph and they will print it in icing on a cake. I'm not sure how expensive it is, but if you really want a Dawn Treader on the cake, that would be the way to do it.

A beach party theme would be a fun idea, esp. if you live in the northern US and it's snowing like crazy outside! (Gymfan!)

Nothing says Dawn Treader like a party on the frozen beaches of the Great Lakes! Although, come to think of it, there is a lot of snow in the VDT trailer...

A couple questions to someone who's been to a lion party before:
About how many people came? What sorts of things have you done at lion parties in the past?

Movie Aristotle, AKA Risto

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2010 10:13 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I've been to three. 15 - 25 at the first. 10+ at the second. About 10 -12 at the third.

We talked, we ate turkish delight, we talked, we watched the movie, we talked some more, we ate, and we talked some more. Oh and we signed each other's books. :) At the second one, the theater manager and an advertising rep for the movie had us stuff goodie bags and we also did a pinata for the little kids who were coming through the theater.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2010 11:38 am
ramagut
(@ramagut)

I've hosted 2 (with ceppault).

We had 10 maybe at the first one and then the second one was "the one to be at" so we had about 20 1/2 people. (The 1/2 was Gymfan's brother who wasn't born yet!)
We did spend a lot of time talking and getting to know each other! We played games; at the PC one we baked outside of the theater in the hot sun!
We gave out goodie bags, so everyone was enjoying their stuff. And, we did exchanging of signatures as well. We also had lots of photos (at the PC one, we were at the El Capitan in Hollywood and they had displays of costumes, armor, and other props). We had people dress in costumes. Just all kinds of things! I think we mostly enjoyed just getting to know each other in person.

Love God, love people

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2010 4:43 pm
AJAiken
(@ajaiken)

We made badges for the UK one. (Note to everyone who attempts to make badges by hand: DON'T leave this until the last minute to do!!) When we were in London a couple of us went to the Disney store in the morning and bought some Prince Caspian stickers to dish out between those attending. I also brought along the movie cover version of the book to sign.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 27, 2010 10:18 pm
sandyentersNarnia
(@sandyentersnarnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

wow! A Lion Party! How exciting! hope to be a part of it! :D. I would probably say what not to do in a party is dressing up like Aslan. ;)) (in my opinion).

"Two sides of the same coin"

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 27, 2010 11:42 pm
ramagut
(@ramagut)

Some of the kids do dress up like Aslan.

I made name tags for the PC Lion Party (made them beforehand and laminated them) and even got some inexpensive lanyards to hook them to.
And if you do name tags/badges, I've learned to put the person's real first name AND username on them. It helps a lot! :)

Love God, love people

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 28, 2010 8:11 am
joy93
(@joy93)
NarniaWeb Nut

i love all of you guys ideas!!! a good idea would be to have Narnia inspired games for everyone to play!! i am going to have one of these parties with my family :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 28, 2010 12:06 pm
sandyentersNarnia
(@sandyentersnarnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

Nice to know you got some great ideas joy03! ;)

P.S.

Welcome to NW! !!!

"Two sides of the same coin"

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2010 3:41 am
narniafreak291
(@narniafreak291)
NarniaWeb Newbie

maybe, a dress up as the characters from the series (Narnia, kingdom's, Lord of the rings, Sue Thomas FBeye, seasons changes) or even Quote from the series & more series

Trinity-hawkeyeness
"I'm Hawkeye with a weapon belt"

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 23, 2010 4:42 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: