Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Interested in Hosting a Lion Party?

Page 1 / 7
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

My moderators have been after me to start a forum for VDT Lion Parties as a couple of them have already have their parties in the works. ;)

Tirian and I will be handling Lion Parties differently this time around than we have in the past and we're still hammering out the details, but one thing's for sure, we're not going to have the Lion Party page like we have in the past (the one that has a link on the side bar).

While we're working on that, go ahead and start posting if you're interested in hosting a lion party this time around and give the GENERAL area that you'll be hosting it in. As we get closer to the release of the movie, I'll be starting a sticky thread that will list more specific details.

I cannot stress enough however to please be safe with your personal information. We prefer that lion party hosts be legal adults (that's 18 in the USA). If you're younger and wish to host a party, make sure that your parents are fully involved with what you're doing.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 24, 2010 7:06 am
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

Time: TBD, but opening weekend

I'm still in the process of hammering out the details, but right now the LP is tentatively planned for Friday or Saturday evening at a lovely AMC theater in Naperville. All NWeb members are invited, and you are of course encouraged to bring friends and family. :) There will probably be goodie bags and trivia games before the movie, and then a post-movie pizza party at a CPK across the lot. I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Spareoom.net

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2010 7:35 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

Time: TBD but one weekend after the movie has opened. Likely mid-afternoon.

Anything else... we'll see what happens when it gets closer. I've got two locations in mind and eat out destinations for both as well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2010 11:51 am
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

No one would come to mien Even if I did have one due to me living so far away from everyone, Anyway I hope you have fun at the ones your hosting.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2010 2:56 am
De_De
(@de_de)
NarniaWeb Guru

Time: Soon after the movie comes out. Sometime in the early morning. (Tickets are cheaper)

Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2010 5:07 am
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Just tossing this out in the open to see what response I get ...

Location: Ohio, most likely (Lima, possibly?) I found a Regal American Mall Stadium 12 there. Plus we'll probably go out for lunch beforehand, then somewhere simple after in order to discuss, discuss, discuss! :D
Time: either opening weekend (most likely Saturday afternoon), or possibly the weekend after (if this would work better for students), again, on Saturday afternoon.

IlF, I wish you could join us!

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2010 7:06 am
DiGoRyKiRkE
(@digorykirke)
The Logical Ornithological Mod Moderator

Jo, if you're doing one in Ohio, I can more or less guarantee that I'll be there. Heck, as I live in Ohio, I'd be more than willing to have it here at my place (I'm sure my parents won't mind, and our multiplex will definitely have a line on Friday night for the film) So. . . anybody else interested?

Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2010 7:23 am
ramagut
(@ramagut)
Member Moderator Emeritus

If I'm in West Virginia, I will probably be looking at going to Ohio! :)

Love God, love people

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2010 7:51 am
MaidenofNarnia
(@maidenofnarnia)
NarniaWeb Regular

I would love to go to some of those parties you guys are hosting, but I don`t live in any of your states. Besides I doubt very many fans live in the same state as I do. I`ve never run into anyone who is interested in person. I only find fans in forums like this one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2010 9:13 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

Maiden, we have Lion Parties pop up all over the world closer to time. This is just early planning stages here. Only a handful of us start thinking about hosting LP's this early. The main reason that I already have is because I will likely follow the format for the PC one I hosted and that means I basically have it planned out already. ;)) There will likely be one pop up near you at some point.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2010 11:41 am
beloved
(@beloved)
NarniaWeb Nut

Is there anyone in Northern Utah who would/could/want to come if I did one here?

"And this marvel of all marvels, that he called me Beloved, me who am but as a dog-" -Emeth

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2010 12:31 pm
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

Just tossing this out in the open to see what response I get ...

Location: Ohio, most likely (Lima, possibly?) I found a Regal American Mall Stadium 12 there. Plus we'll probably go out for lunch beforehand, then somewhere simple after in order to discuss, discuss, discuss! :D
Time: either opening weekend (most likely Saturday afternoon), or possibly the weekend after (if this would work better for students), again, on Saturday afternoon.

IlF, I wish you could join us!

Maybe when LB comes out as a movie, I will be like 25 then, with the rate the movies are comign out at the moment. =))

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2010 4:09 pm
ramagut
(@ramagut)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Maybe when LB comes out as a movie, I will be like 25 then, with the rate the movies are comign out at the moment.

No doubt ILF!!! =)) =))

Love God, love people

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2010 4:33 pm
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

* starts saving

I have 10 years to save up enough money and get a passport.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2010 6:00 pm
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

... And then, IlF, we'll have one mammoth Lion Party for The Last Battle. :D

Ooh, DiGs, thanks for that. I mentioned Lima, because it might bring in those from parts of the Michigan area and eastern Indiana. Anyway, I echo DiGs' question: any out there interested? Naturally you don't have to commit at this point: we just want to get a general idea. :)

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2010 11:00 pm
Page 1 / 7
Share: