Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The Television Discussion Thread

Page 3 / 99
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

I watch the simpsons(good but futurama is better) and have seen 24. I have no idea what the office is or those 2 shows with Lucy in the title.

On the amazing race those stunt men are so funny and are always getting time penalties.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 10, 2009 1:08 pm
narnian1
(@narnian1)
NarniaWeb Guru

Another old show that I liked alot and just recently finished in its entirety for the first time: The Golden Girls

Gotta love 'them girls! :)

I once was against a show entirely, seeing that my friends all loved it I grew more against it (don't ask why). But eventually I decided to see one episode on the WB website and was instantly hooked: Veronica Mars.

The first season is the best one!
The second season was my least favorite, though it gave the best final episode in many ways as days after I was still in shock by it.
The third was great but somewhat more complicated and it definitely left me wanting more, if you've seen it you know why.

Now I decided to rent another show I knew nothing about,
it's only gone two season and a third last I heard wasn't officially greenlit yet. But being that Christina Applegate was the lead I had to try it: Samantha Who?

The pilot episode I enjoyed, though a few things threw me off and I didn't want to expect. As it was the pilot I figured I see a bit more, isaw two more episodes and am really enjoying it. I'm still not buying it entirely but I like it nonetheless, I love the constrat between herself before and after amnesia- that's the concept of the show.
(I'm not familiar with amnesia's different cases, it's why I might not "buy" some things).

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 11, 2009 2:09 am
briofthesilversea
(@briofthesilversea)
NarniaWeb Regular

So who else is planning on watching the series premiere of The Vampire Diaries tonight? That is the premiere tonight, right? Anyway, my sister and I are going to, just because it's such a rip off of Twilight and we want to see the ridiculousness. (Sorry to any fans, it's just sort of comical to me :p ) I don't really know much about it, other then it looks like a soap opera.

Visit my author page:
www.lulu.com/spotlight/BrittanyAdelle

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 11, 2009 10:36 am
Valiant_Lucy
(@valiant_lucy)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Lol, Bri! That's the one with oh...what's his face from Lost--Boone *can't remember his name..Ian? something?*. That would be the only selling point for me, but the trailer I saw didn't even have him. Maybe I'll check it out online sometime. Post in here and tell us what you think of it! :p

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 11, 2009 1:36 pm
Josh
 Josh
(@josh)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Lol, Bri! That's the one with oh...what's his face from Lost--Boone *can't remember his name..Ian? something?*.

Do you mean Ian Somerhalder?

Winter Is Coming

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 12, 2009 4:16 pm
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I've been watching some I Love Lucy on YouTube (it's not available here in Australia) and it wasn't the funniest thing ever but it was pretty good. The Lucy Show on the other hand is terrible!

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2009 2:54 am
Shadowlander
(@shadowlander)
NarniaWeb Guru

My sister Jeannie would watch I Love Lucy...was a fanatic about it. My favorite episode is the one where Lucy is working at the chocolate factory =))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wp3m1vg06Q

Hoooooo boy, good stuff!

Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2009 3:32 am
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Yeah, that's a good one, I like the one where's she's dancing blind too (after going to the doctor for her husband's? eye-test and instead receives eye-drops herself.
My personal favourite so far is the Vegameatavitamin one. A not so subtle way of portraying extreme drunkenness of TV back in the day when saying the word 'pregnant' was considered vulgar. I'm not saying getting drunk is funny, it's not but Lucy's facial expressions are funny.

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2009 3:37 pm
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

That chocolate factory sketch is rather humorous. Not sure I could work there...too tempting. ;)

The season finale of Eureka aired last Friday evening, but I neglected to watch or record it. Hopefully it'll be available online soon.

And the second season of Joss Whedon's Dollhouse premieres Friday, September 25, on FOX in its usual 9pm Eastern/8 pm Central timeslot.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 20, 2009 4:51 pm
Aurora
(@aurora)
NarniaWeb Regular

The premiere of Season 2 of Merlin started over here in the UK last Saturday! It was so amazing and i cannot wait for the next episode next week!

'Clotpole!' =))

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2009 3:41 am
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

Just finished the second season of Veronica Mars last night. Absolutely amazing finale. I'm still in shock. ;))

Sounds like I need to hurry up and finish the first season of Dollhouse so I don't get to far behind on the second season.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2009 6:03 am
Rising_Star
(@rising_star)
NarniaWeb Guru

Nice, Booky. ;)) Now you know why I was depressed that night.

The third season's mystery ends in the middle because they went on hiatus and wanted Veronica to get the bad guy so the fans would be happy. When they came back from the hiatus, there episodes don't really have an overarching plot. And the last episode ends on a semi-cliff hanger. :|

*saw the episode of Merlin* It was good. :D

I'm currently watching a number of shows at the moment. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Supernatural, and Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Week by week I'm watching Merlin, MONK, and Psych. Smallville starts this week and I'll be watching that.

P.S."Brooklyn!"

BeautyLikeNight's Graphics
My book: The Blind Traveler

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2009 6:09 am
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

Spoiler
I liked him too. Even though what he did to Veronica and murdering those kids was horrible, I still kind of felt sorry for him. He'd had a pretty miserable life. And poor Mac :( I did not feel sorry for Aaron. He got what he deserved. Somehow I'm not terribly surprised Kendall ended up profiting from it all. And Logan and Veronica are back together! :D

Did you just start watching Supernatural, Ryan? I've seen the first season, but that's it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2009 6:26 am
Rising_Star
(@rising_star)
NarniaWeb Guru

I just started watching Supernatural, yes. PC told me that I would like it several months ago, but the trailers for it that played after Smallville really creeped/freaked me out. ;)) He told me it wasn't as scary at the trailers made it look, and he's right. Still rather creepy/freaky, but nothing so far that I can't handle. I like the relationship between the brothers and the brothers themselves. :)

P.S."Brooklyn!"

BeautyLikeNight's Graphics
My book: The Blind Traveler

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2009 6:39 am
Juliana
(@juliana)
NarniaWeb Regular

Supernatural doesn't normally freak me out too much, but there is the occasional cringe-worthy moment. I enjoy the characters of Sam and Dean.The show does well with only having two regulars, and it's quite refreshing. So many shows have large ensemble casts, and often certain characters are hard to stand. Neither of the characters have overly annoyed me, and I love the relationship and interaction between the two of them. I don't always like the father though.

I missed the new Heroes episode. How was it? The finale didn't really leave me excited for the new season, but I decided to keep watching.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2009 5:04 pm
Page 3 / 99
Share: