Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The Television Discussion Thread

Page 2 / 98
Narnia93
(@narnia93)
NarniaWeb Regular

One of my favorite old time shows has to Hogan's Heroes. I love how Schultz is always saying "I know nothing!" Klink is also a classic character and it is funny how oblivious he is to the doings of Hogans Heroes.
I also enjoy I love Lucy. Have you seen the one where Lucy gets a english tutor. Hilarious :D
Basically, I like any of the old shows along with Numbers and Burn Notice.

Narnia93 - "It is hard for you, little one," said Aslan. "But things never happen the same way twice."

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2009 12:52 am
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I don't know how people enjoy I Love Lucy. In my opinion, it's just not very funny. But then again, I don't get most American humour (I prefer British and Australian humour). Two and a Half Men anyone? Ugh! (Granted the comparison is ludicrous at best but still my point stands). :p

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2009 2:04 am
Silvertongue
(@silvertongue)
NarniaWeb Regular

Ooooh, I know Hogan's Heroes!! My family watched one season through nearly three times in one month. O_O

And I really like Numb3rs as well! :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2009 2:05 am
mm1991
(@mm1991)
NarniaWeb Junkie

'I Love Lucy' is classic comedy, but then again, I'm American. :p

"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2009 2:14 am
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Fawlty Towers is classic comedy, Some Mothers Do Have 'Em is classic comedy. I Love Lucy is not... funny. :D

Okay, enough ragging from me.

I just finished re-watching Lost Season 3. It's certainly my least favourite of the series but it still has some very good to great episodes. It's mainly the middle section that lets it down somewhat. I even felt

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2009 3:04 am
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

Some Mothers Do Have 'Em. That show is really funny. I wish they would show it again.

Two and a half men is over rated.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2009 3:11 am
NaiadWaker
(@naiadwaker)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Agreed.

My buddy and I really liked Pinky and the Brain. Then they stopped airing it! :(

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2009 2:29 pm
narnian1
(@narnian1)
NarniaWeb Guru

Agreed.

VERY overrated IMO too.
speaking as an american myself. I Love Lucy is a classic show for us though,
I don't laugh with it as I used to but I still enjoy it very much.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2009 5:14 pm
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

never seen lucy so i can't say. I use to love that show pinkie and the brain. Pinkie was the mouse wasn't he?

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2009 9:56 pm
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

They were both mice but Pinkie was the stupid mouse. Brain was the big-brained mouse.

Guys, I'll give I Love Lucy another go. I watched the Vegameatavitamin sketch on YouTube and it was hilarious. I borrowed volume 1 from my local library. It's called The Lucy Show here.

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2009 11:12 pm
narnian1
(@narnian1)
NarniaWeb Guru

Guys, I'll give I Love Lucy another go. I watched the Vegameatavitamin sketch on YouTube and it was hilarious. I borrowed volume 1 from my local library. It's called The Lucy Show here.

Not sure where you live but make sure you did get the right one,
here in the states she has two shows: I Love Lucy and The Lucy Show,
not the same thing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 10, 2009 1:54 am
Silvertongue
(@silvertongue)
NarniaWeb Regular

'I Love Lucy' is classic comedy, but then again, I'm American. :p

Agreed! I also grew up on I Love Lucy, so that may have a hand in why I like it so much. ;) But seriously, how can you not find it funny that poor 'ol John Wayne has to put his footprints into a thing of cement numerous times all because of Lucy? ;)
Or the time where Lucy goes on a hunger strike and gets a dress designed just for her? lol.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 10, 2009 2:06 am
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Narnia1, I'm an Australian. I didn't know The Lucy Show and I Love Lucy were two different shows. Interesting. I guess I Love Lucy isn't available here then.

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 10, 2009 2:17 am
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

*makes an unexpected appearance*

Here, also, in Canada we have the two shows: I Love Lucy (the earlier one with Desi Arnaz) and The Lucy Show (no Desi). In my opinion, and many people that I know, I Love Lucy beats the other one hollow. TLS is okay—barely—but not nearly the wonderfully crazy full-of-Lucy's-memorable-expressions and antics comedy that ILL is.

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 10, 2009 7:03 am
TheGeneral
(@thegeneral)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Fawlty Towers is classic comedy

I have every episode memorized ;)

Has anyone watched Legend of the Seeker? I came across it online over the summer, watched all the episodes of season one and thought most of it was pretty awesome.
But my favorites are The Office, The Simpsons, and 24.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 10, 2009 9:44 am
Page 2 / 98
Share: