Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Page 124 / 125
Arwenel
(@arin)
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? Hospitality Committee

My ID is 1751.

Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it. - Rabbi Tarfon

Posted : January 3, 2023 9:27 pm
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

Mine is 4051453

Posted : January 4, 2023 4:06 am
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus
Posted by: @arin

My ID is 1751.

Daaang a 4 digit ID! Until now, I was pretty sure FK was the person with the lowest ID number (i.e. played the longest) at 5 digits.

I just sent you a friend request; my name comes up as Aelisabeth. 🙂 

Spareoom.net

Posted : January 4, 2023 7:30 am
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

I've sent you a friend request, @arin.  My ID is 7997674, so I'm likely the newest player in this thread. I tend to play passively except during special events but am glad to help out on maps.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

Posted : January 4, 2023 4:26 pm
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

I'll be happy to be your MH friend as well - as soon as my computer starts working properly again.

Last night it refused to start. I suspect that the start button is broken. Currently I'm using a nearly 15 year old computer instead, and there are a few programs it cannot run.

MouseHunt is one of them. It can show me my camp page, but I cannot interact with it, and even the clock does not work. I can see that my golems are in and asking me to claim their loot, and I can see that the last treasure map I was on, has been finished and there is loot to claim there as well - but I cannot claim anything and I cannot send out new golems.

Does it block the map for the owner now that I cannot finish the claiming process?

I hope to be able to go to a public library on Monday or Tuesday and play MouseHunt there for a while, and get some issues sorted out, but I won't be able to play normal until I have my proper computer repaired or replaced.

Fortunately NarniaWeb can run. So can my webmail program.

(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)

Posted : January 6, 2023 8:01 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

Oh man Bee! Sounds like we need to air express you a smart phone or something so you can get back on the horn!!!

Not claiming your chest doesn't have a negative affect on anyone else; it'll be waiting for you when you get back. I hope you can claim your golems before Wednesday though! I think they'll be gone after that. 🙁 

Spareoom.net

Posted : January 7, 2023 11:38 am
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

@gymfan15

Yes, they will be gone after Wednesday. And so will the two scarves and three hats that I haven't used yet. 🙁

But I just realised that I have yet another computer that I haven't used for quite a while. It's an old one too, and not a very strong one, but it could be newer than the one that cannot play MH. It's worth trying ...

Edit:

I tried, but it seems the old account on that computer is blocked and I cannot log into Windows. I might try a newer account, Microsoft Personal, which I bought last year, but it looks like it requires Windows 8.something, and that computer only has Windows 7. Could be that the library is the best solution after all - I'll probably get support, but not necessarily before Wednesday 🙁

Posted : January 7, 2023 11:56 am
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

@varna The Hats won't go away but the Scarfs will...I hope you can log in and send them out!

Spareoom.net

Posted : January 7, 2023 12:03 pm
Varnafinde
(@varna)

@gymfan15 

So the hats will last till next year?

Posted : January 7, 2023 6:59 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

Yes, Hats, Jingle Bells, Festive Spirit and cheese...scarfs, hailstones, cinnamon etc will go away.

And FYI I saw that I was mistaken the event ends on Tuesday, not Wednesday. Didn't want you to be surprised.

Spareoom.net

Posted : January 7, 2023 7:20 pm
Varnafinde
(@varna)

Good to know. I really need to go to the library on Monday then.

Posted : January 7, 2023 10:02 pm
fantasia liked
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

Somehow I ended up with 300 pieces of wildfire cheese from this event! That's crazy.

Posted : January 9, 2023 4:52 am
fantasia liked
Varnafinde
(@varna)

I've been to the library today, sent out a golem with a hat and two golems with hats and scarves - and called them back immediately to get their loot. 5000 papyrus (?) and 5000 Inspiration ink just from the two scarves 🙂 I've sent most of my golems to the Folklore Forest, and I'm only sorry that I didn't send even more scarves there rather than to Queso Canyon without getting a second rib.

We're only allowed one hour per day at the library, as it's such a popular service. As I had some business to attend to as well, that took most of my hour - but I'll be back for one hour tomorrow morning as well, and hopefully smash some of my more than 80 potential golems, in order to buy what I need to call back those golems that I have time for managing. The event closes down at 3 or 4 or 5 pm my time.

Posted : January 9, 2023 3:42 pm
Varnafinde
(@varna)

I went to the library yesterday - there wasn't enough time to to a lot of golems, because I had some business jobs to do as well, but I did at least smash all that could be smashed and bought a couple thousand snowball charms instead. So most stuff wasn't wasted, even though I couldn't use it for what I had meant it for.

When i'm able to play properly again, I'll go to Folklore Forest and see whether what the golems brought me will help me to upgrade the three areas, and perhaps help me to write some more novels (or better).

Edit:

This afternoon I got help to "reset" the computer and get it to start again! Applause  

Now I'm farming Pond Pennies in the Prologue Pond, with 45,208 Draft Derby Curd, 32,512 Inspiration Ink and 38,158 Parable Papyrus. I'm sure I had less than 5,000 of each of those before the GWH.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Varnafinde

Posted : January 11, 2023 6:30 am
fantasia liked
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I could do with some help... Best place to hunt with the candles lit right now?

Posted : January 17, 2023 6:00 pm
Page 124 / 125
Share: