Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Page 125 / 125
shastastwin
(@shastastwin)
Member Moderator Emeritus

I split my golems between the FI (and got a nice number of AEJ out of it) and the Folklore Forest areas. I'm hoping I got enough to shorten my hunting time in both areas by a good bit. I just need 88 more AEJ to be "done" with the FI.

I'm going to keep camping out here for the Lunar New Year event. Maybe that will help me finish off all these jewels. 😛

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration

6689 posts from forum 1.0

Posted : January 17, 2023 7:53 pm
fantasia liked
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I decided to take the plunge and do another epic Rift Tower run during the CNY event. I don't have anything else to work on this year, and I have gobs and gobs of supplies to do it, so, it seemed like it's now or never. I don't think I'll ever do a tower run again, this is probably it. 🙂

My previous record was Floor 109 -- 7,946 steps.

Posted : January 18, 2023 8:52 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

Good luck!!! Keep us updated on how it goes. I feel like you're lucky in the Tower so watch as you get to Total Eclipse #16 or something. 

I, on the other hand, am 1 Terrified Adventurer away from possibly salvaging the vRift run that I started a year ago...fingers crossed, I may get TE #15 and if I do, I am DONE. Until I have 300 Ultimate Charms and do an Ultimate-only run in like 5 years lol.

ETA: omp well that hail mary run totally worked. I got the last TA I needed with one hunt to spare; I ended up being ONE HUNT SHORT of catching the 15th Total Eclipse but you don't have to catch it to get the Prestige Base bonus; only reach his floor, so I've got the 30+ luck now. ROFL Who knew sitting on that for a year would pay off lol. I feel so much better now about all that time and resources I spent on that run last year!

This post was modified 1 year ago by Gymfan15

Spareoom.net

Posted : January 19, 2023 6:29 pm
fantasia liked
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin
Posted by: @gymfan15

omp well that hail mary run totally worked. I got the last TA I needed with one hunt to spare; I ended up being ONE HUNT SHORT of catching the 15th Total Eclipse but you don't have to catch it to get the Prestige Base bonus; only reach his floor, so I've got the 30+ luck now. ROFL Who knew sitting on that for a year would pay off lol. I feel so much better now about all that time and resources I spent on that run last year!

I love it Gymmie, congratulations!!! LOLOL

Well, I have good news and bad news concerning my tower run. The good news is that I'm on Floor 107 with 108 hunts left to go (currently), so I will EASILY surpass my previous record. The bad news is that there is no way I'm going to finish my run before the end of the event on Tuesday. Crying I already shelled out money to buy 100 candles so I could take a break from farming them, and I don't want to spend any more real money, so I will be sitting on this unfinished run for a year, which is a bit disappointing. Though I suppose I could use more of my Ultimate Charm stash to the same effect if I need to go there for treasure maps. 

My current goal is to, at the very least, defeat the next Total Eclipse mouse/Floor 112 before the end of the event so I will have increased stats on my base. At least then I'll have something to show for the CNY event. Smile  

Posted : January 28, 2023 2:10 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
Posted by: @fantasia

omp well that hail mary run totally worked. I got the last TA I needed with one hunt to spare; I ended up being ONE HUNT SHORT of catching the 15th Total Eclipse but you don't have to catch it to get the Prestige Base bonus; only reach his floor, so I've got the 30+ luck now. ROFL Who knew sitting on that for a year would pay off lol. I feel so much better now about all that time and resources I spent on that run last year!

I love it Gymmie, congratulations!!! LOLOL

Well, I have good news and bad news concerning my tower run. The good news is that I'm on Floor 107 with 160 hunts left to go (currently), so I will EASILY surpass my previous record. The bad news is that there is no way I'm going to finish my run before the end of the event on Tuesday. Crying I already shelled out money to buy 100 candles so I could take a break from farming them, and I don't want to spend any more real money, so I will be sitting on this unfinished run for a year, which is a bit disappointing. Though I suppose I could use more of my Ultimate Charm stash to the same effect if I need to go there for treasure maps. 

My current goal is to, at the very least, defeat the next Total Eclipse mouse/Floor 112 before the end of the event so I will have increased stats on my base. At least then I'll have something to show for the CNY event. Smile  

If you're at the point of being that high, I would strongly consider ONLY using UC going forward (in which case the CNY event won't matter). I just ran your stats into the run simulator that I use and you could get as high as TE #17 if you did UC only...could be worth it! UC's are so much easier to get nowadays anyway; not sure how many you have but it's something you could do slowly.

If I were that high with that good of a shot at TE #17 I would probably go all out haha.

Spareoom.net

Posted : January 28, 2023 2:29 pm
fantasia liked
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I just ran your stats into the run simulator that I use and you could get as high as TE #17 if you did UC only...could be worth it!

You replied before I corrected a typo. I have 108 hunts (not sure why I typed 160. I wish I had that many!!! LOL). I may still run with UCs at this point anyways, just to see how far I can get. Like you said, they are a lot easier to get nowadays. 

Posted : January 28, 2023 2:52 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

Ah that makes a lot more sense. 😆 Well, either way I think your chances at TE15 is comfortably high, and you could probably get away with under 100 UC, so that being said, probably not necessarily to wait till next LNY unless you really want to do it without UC. Either way, sounds like you'll be at TE14 soon which is where I sat all year next year; it's not a shabby place to be lol!

Spareoom.net

Posted : January 28, 2023 2:57 pm
fantasia liked
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Well, I made it, just barely. I stayed up extra late last night to disarm my Ultimate Charms once I hit floor 120. I'm using up a few last candles this morning before the event ends in an hour. I will easily make it to floor 122, hopefully 123, and I expect that will be the end of my epic Tower run. It was worth it! +4 luck to my base and at least +220 power, so I'm quite satisfied with that.

On a separate note, there's a guy in my friends list that's made it to floor 135 I think? He must have done a straight up Ultimate Charm run and had a lot of DLU with Terrified Adventure mice, because my run was pretty clean, and I'm definitely going to peeter out in the early 120s.

As for me, I'm going to spend the next several weeks restocking treasure chests with auras because I used everything except for two Cursed Skulls. Yikes!

ETA: The official count is in!! Floor 125 -- 10,173 steps. Dancing Applause That was well worth my time and GWH/CNY supplies. 

Posted : January 31, 2023 8:10 am
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

That's awesome, FK! That is going to do you sooooo well. Excellent work.

Yeah, there is definitely a luck factor involved because TA's make the biggest difference and they are so streaky. Doesn't matter if you run full UC or not. There's a method for doing the run until you hit a certain point and then retreating and starting over if your TA catch rate isn't above a certain % (to maximize chances of high success) but that is pretty resource-heavy. Still, if you're going through the trouble to do something as expensive as a full UC run, you're probably going to want to invest in making sure it's the best run you can possibly do.

Spareoom.net

Posted : February 1, 2023 6:33 pm
fantasia liked
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

I finished a Valour Rift run last year, and I've been standing outside the Tower entrance since then 😉

My Prestige Base stats tell me that I reached TE 14 and Umbra Floor 117, so with an even better UUU run I ought to be able to reach at least a couple more TEs. But I don't know if I can be bothered. It would mean farming resources all this year and probably leave that run for after next year's event season. And I might want to spend some resources in Folklore Forest too.

Speaking of which, I've just done the 4th upgrade on ToC, so it should be easier to get Gnawbel Prizes now - and then easier to do the last upgrades!

I like the area, and it was a great help getting all those Draft Derby Curds from the GWH golems. I even spent some UCs on the Grammarian and the Mythweaver the other day, not to miss out on the last extra hunts, so I've made up to 8 or 9 Encyclopedia volumes. I wonder what will be next in that area. I think it's a great story concept.

(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)

Posted : February 5, 2023 2:57 pm
fantasia liked
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

How do you catch a monstrous midge

Posted : March 28, 2023 12:07 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Plant 3 Twisted Parable Papyrus Plants at the same time (I do the magical variant).

Posted : March 28, 2023 12:59 pm
starkat liked
Page 125 / 125
Share: