Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Page 123 / 125
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

It was confusing for me too, at the beginning...in a way, I feel like it was more confusing because it took familiar things (Golems, upgrading, etc) but gave it a pretty different mechanic. Good news is, you figure it out pretty quickly. Once I got the first boss, I had this "aha" moment and now I feel pretty comfortable with it.

I'm definitely not swimming in golem parts like I was last year, but I've been able to send out 3 pretty much since Friday and I've been able to upgrade them QUICK...that is a big change from last year. I like the Scarf addition; you don't get a ton of them but they give great rewards; this will help me make a ton of progress towards niche goals.

Spareoom.net

Posted : December 11, 2022 12:03 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Magical Scarf + Valour Rift = 100 Rift Ultimate Lucky Power Charms. Shocked Shocked Grin  

Posted : December 11, 2022 4:37 pm
starkat liked
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I've got a boss mouse, but I'm struggling to get anywhere this second round. 

Posted : December 11, 2022 6:26 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

@fantasia it’s sweet right?! I’ve been ok on RULPs because I invested in a LOT of Riftifier potions (and I’ve always had a lot of the regular ones) but it’s good to restock! I got a couple portal parts from the Warpath (for bronzing the Artillary Commander), a Tooth and now I’m getting UCs from Zokor mainly. It’s pretty nice. 

Spareoom.net

Posted : December 13, 2022 7:48 pm
fantasia liked
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

@gymfan15, is there a list somewhere that shows the Magical Hat and Scarf drops from each location?

Posted : December 14, 2022 7:31 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

Yeah! The Devs released this spreadsheet towards the beginning of the event and it says what is available with scarfs only: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rQCQol7rETzYa1Yljv38b0uaSeg5t2K9HVqz4LRMYgM/edit#gid=0 but there are no quantities or chance %.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Nkw3wqzROpApirTUUUKAmSbpP6SYgdUGzeJDs__yVDg/edit#gid=1477092524 This spreadsheet has live data being put into it with the drop rates, but it should have pretty much everything there. 

Spareoom.net

Posted : December 14, 2022 8:20 pm
fantasia liked
Arwenel
(@arin)
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? Hospitality Committee

Just popping in to say, it's been literal years since i played Mouse Hunt, but seeing this topic made me start it up again. 

Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it. - Rabbi Tarfon

Posted : December 14, 2022 10:11 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Hollar if you want any hunting buddies @arin. I think the game is more fun that way. I'd be happy to add you if you're interested. Plus you don't have to be FB friends anymore to do so. Smile  

Posted : December 15, 2022 10:42 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I'm bouncing between the islands and the new area. Maybe it'll save me some time once I get there. Still have almost 40 jewels to get. Maybe by this time next year 

Posted : December 15, 2022 12:04 pm
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I am FINALLY done with the Floating Islands!!!!!!!!!!! I think I've been stuck in that area since they opened. I managed to get enough gold to finish out what I needed for that last trap. Now I can come join everyone in the newer areas. 

Posted : January 2, 2023 4:36 am
fantasia liked
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
Posted by: @starkat

I am FINALLY done with the Floating Islands!!!!!!!!!!! I think I've been stuck in that area since they opened. I managed to get enough gold to finish out what I needed for that last trap. Now I can come join everyone in the newer areas. 

Woohoo! That's awesome! I think you'll find the Folklore Forest MUCH less of a grind. 

In other news, I've been sending the majority of my scarfs to Zokor and in addition to various trap loot including 2 Temporal Shadow Plates (that I'm saving so I can re-buy the trap some day), I now have a TON of Ultimate Charms...a total of 100 so far (although I started with like 30ish?). The long term goal is to do a really epic vRift run, but not this year probably because ideally I'd like around 200 or 300, but we shall see. 

Spareoom.net

Posted : January 2, 2023 11:55 am
fantasia and starkat liked
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

@gymfan15 I've sent a good chunk of my golems to the forest too so hopefully it won't be too crazy. I've managed to sell some stuff to get my gold back up out of the bottom range. 

Posted : January 2, 2023 12:42 pm
Arwenel
(@arin)
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? Hospitality Committee

@fantasia 

Finally popping back in to say i would love to have some MH friends. I currently have 0.

I'm mostly just playing through the adventures for the various levels i've reached that i haven't completed, which is most of them. I'm also using up all the specialty cheeses i have because i find it annoying to have so many excessive types when i won't use 99% of them outside of specific areas.

Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it. - Rabbi Tarfon

Posted : January 2, 2023 7:51 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

@arin What's your Mousehunt ID number? We can add you that way!

And I hear ya on the excess supplies! Although I have found it helpful to keep some around for future needs like maps...but yeah, I gave up trying to even convert raw materials into cheese/charms a long time ago for a lot of the older areas because I will never use what I have and I will keep getting more. Excess of riches I guess?

Spareoom.net

Posted : January 3, 2023 11:32 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

@arin, my hunter ID is 76472. You can add me by going to the Find Friends page and typing it in. 🙂 

And be sure to add Gymmie! She knows all the things. 😉 I really only play casually anymore because I'm so busy with real life. 

And I send Gymmie's comment on the extra supplies. They come in handy for treasure maps.

Posted : January 3, 2023 4:02 pm
Page 123 / 125
Share: