Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode 6

Page 4 / 4
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

How did everyone do with the aura time? I'm up to Feb 13th now. I always have trouble getting it very far in the winter, so I think this is the furthest I've gotten. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2024 2:40 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

I did pretty well I think...was able to max out my aura without too much trouble but I have also been prioritizing being on Rare maps the entire event and that really helps. 

My golem goal this year was to get as many Ultimate Charms as I could via scarfs and get a really good set of Bountiful Beanstalk supplies so I can wrap that area up shortly. Other than that, a few niche goals like getting the portal parts I need to crown the Monster of the Meteor and replenish my Dust supply.

Spareoom.net

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 9, 2024 10:20 am
fantasia liked
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I was a little bit disappointed during the Christmas event because the one I item I needed were just plain ol' Magic Beans. They really weren't dropping off of the Golems much. 

So now I'm just sitting here on the beanstalk with my Dumpling Cheese and Candles raking in as many Magic Beans as I can get. Tongue I have a ton of fertilizer saved up so pretty soon I'll be hitting the Great Hall Floors back to back. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 7, 2024 1:54 pm
starkat liked
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

^^ That's good! I've been taking a break from the Beanstalk because I figured out I could minluck the Pernicious Prince if I got to 42+ luck (plus my auras and other things) so figured it was worth it...so I've been getting my lantern high elsewhere. I feel very confident that I'll get all the Geese that I need to wrap up the area by the end of the event.

Spareoom.net

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 10, 2024 8:27 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I got my Infinite Dark Magic Mirrors trap today! Just need the theme and I'm done with the Beanstalk. 🙂 (Unless they add more to it again.)

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 19, 2024 9:52 pm
starkat liked
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I can't seem to finish the Chinese New Year event these days, so I tried to save up candles for next year to try and get a jump. Birthday event starts on the 27th I think.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 20, 2024 6:44 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

This year was the fastest I think I've ever hit 500ft. All I did was arm the Dumpling Cheese and lit the normal candles at the same time, while hunting at the normal Beanstalk area. Interestingly enough it kind of was self-sustaining so I didn't really have to do anything. 

I didn't QUITE manage to finish up the Beanstalk during the CNY but today I bought the Bountiful Beanstalk Journal Theme and that was the final piece. I'm done with the exception of Easter Eggs, so yeah. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 24, 2024 1:58 pm
starkat liked
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

The egg hunt has begun! I've already gathered most of the interface eggs. I'm in the toxic spill for a map, but I'll probably head back to the beanstalk to start there. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 19, 2024 9:41 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I had all the new eggs in pretty short order. Then I helped Kat finish up her M1000 Team Research Expedition map. Then I did my solo map. Now I'm just sitting around twiddling my thumbs waiting for the M1000 mouse to be released tomorrow, followed by the new area at the end of the month. 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 15, 2024 8:55 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I really appreciate everyone's help with that map. It was crazy. I'm surprised I pulled off the ascended elder. I ended up with somewhere around 90 unique eggs this year including the new ones. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 15, 2024 9:29 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

What do people think about the new section so far? I've gotten through to level seven and I'm hoping I have enough parts for a "final* when this section finishes.

What do the numbers under the droid and the boss mouse mean?

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 24, 2024 3:51 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

So far so good. 🙂 Although I think you and Gymfan and myself are the only three in there so far from NWeb. Way back in the day I liked more difficult and strategic areas, but in my current stage of life, simple is better. LOL

Posted by: @starkat

What do the numbers under the droid and the boss mouse mean?

It's the progression (if you catch a mouse) and regression (If you ftc) from a master mouse encounter. So depending on cheese, condensed creativity, and master magus wand things you have armed and activated, that's how much your "magic points" moves after every hunt. 
So for example, right now I have Apprentice Ambert Cheese armed with nothing else turned on, so I gain 9 magic points (I guess is the term) for every mouse I catch. The first level in here starts at 0/33, so every time I catch a mouse it moves up by 9. In four hunts, I hit 36/33 and then I get to face the boss. If I miss at this level, my magic points move backwards by 1. Make sense? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 24, 2024 5:26 pm
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

@fantasia somewhat. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around it. The game play is a bit weird compared to what it has been, but I'll adjust. I'm probably going to make one loop through and then go help finish a map I'm on. I haven't really noticed a difference when arming the aura from the M1000 mouse. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 24, 2024 5:38 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share: