Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] NaNoWriMo '15: It's Over

Page 3 / 3
aileth
(@aileth)
Member Moderator

Just barely squeaked through--about a hundred words over, but I finished the book, which is really my main goal. A day late :-

As you point out, 'gazer, there's more to it than just word count.

Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle

Posted : December 2, 2015 3:59 am
wild rose
(@wild-rose)
Member Moderator Emeritus

I agree that there aren't any losers :) You got 20,000 words written, that is a wonderful achievement in itself.

I finished with 65k :) On the 30th of November we had a power cut for most of the day and I was paranoid that it wouldn't come on and I wouldn't be able to validate....which would have been a real tragedy for me. I had over 65,000 honest words written and not be able to win just because there was no electricity. Thankfully the power came on at 9 pm and I was able to validate :)

Congrats to all the winners, and a hearty congrats to all who participated. It was an awesome experience and it doesn't matter if you win or not, at least your story was getting written and that's the most important thing.

So, the big question is...what do you plan to do with your story/novel now? :-?

always be humble and kind

Topic starter Posted : December 6, 2015 1:38 am
Queen Susan
(@queen-susan)
NarniaWeb Guru

Whoa, this thread is smaller than in past years. :( I forgot to post, though I did participate in NaNo. Which was a little crazy, considering I missed the first 5 days (traveling and procrastination) and my brother got married. It was a little busy. ;;)

But I just started the editing process yesterday. I'm sure as usual, I'll just edit it and then print it in slight disgust and hide it on a shelf somewhere. :p

Posted : January 14, 2016 3:20 am
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

So, the big question is...what do you plan to do with your story/novel now

I plan to finish and edit this story. It needs a lot of work still, since I sort of glossed over the climax. ;)) I'm looking forward to writing that part and closing a few plot holes that have come up in preliminary edits.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

Posted : January 14, 2016 8:02 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: