Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Horse and His Boy play coming up!

Page 2 / 2
Grandmama
(@grandmama)
NarniaWeb Nut

I have to say that watching the play was worth the trip from Minnesota! Granted that I am no expert on stage performances, but I really enjoyed the play. The talking horses were wonderful. The costumes were lovely. I wish I could see it again.

"I suppose the sewing machine's too heavy to bring?. . . I can't abide the thought of that Witch fiddling with it. . ."

Posted : March 4, 2019 3:54 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

It was worth going from London as well! :)

What a wonderful evening, seeing some cast members on the red carpet; being thrilled to bits by finding that Living Like Lucy Ministries had its HQ in the Logos building now, and seeing all the beloved costumes and props that they own on display; enjoying the show immensely; meeting Doug Gresham again after more than a year, having a photo and a chat with him.... I was thoroughly spoiled by the warm welcome of the Logos people, and delighted in watching everyone else have a wonderful time as well!

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : March 5, 2019 7:50 am
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

I plan to go see the production next summer. It might be worth traveling from Oregon to see a Narnia production in South Carolina.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

Posted : December 21, 2021 5:32 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

I thoroughly recommend it! I am still in touch with this theatre company and the people there love Narnia. 

You will be amazed at the horses.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : December 22, 2021 12:34 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

@coracle I've seen the broadway version of The Lion King, and they had a lot of puppetry for the animals.

In Branson, Missouri, there's Sights and Sounds Theatre, and they put on a musical production of a Bible story. They use a combination of real live animals and puppetry.

So a Narnia play being done like that is kind of the same idea.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

Posted : December 22, 2021 1:56 pm
coracle liked
Page 2 / 2
Share: