Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Saoirse Ronan asked Gerwig for a role in Narnia... Who should she play?

Page 3 / 3
DaughterOfTheStar
(@daughterofthestar)
NarniaWeb Regular

If she was young I would've said Susan.  I've thought about this for a while and think she could portray Helen or Jadis. She''s got a regal and sophisticated persona every time I see her in interviews so I have no doubt she wouldn't be able to take up a role of royalty. Another role that's been on my mind even though it's a male role but there's been gender swaps and BBC Narnia had done it before with Trufflehunter, but I was thinking if it were made possible it would be Strawberry/Fledge. But I know some or most will probably disagree with me on this and believe me I can take it. Tongue  

Avatar Credit to Narnia Aesthetic on Tumblr.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 28, 2024 2:37 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru
I would think that Helen had a love for animals. If Saoirse Ronan gets cast as Helen, we could see her and Frank with Strawberry before he leaves London. 

She could also play the adult Lucy at the end of LWW and HHB.  

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 10, 2024 7:00 pm
Col Klink
(@col-klink)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I had a great thought. If Greta Gerwig does Prince Caspian, Ronan could play the math teacher from Chapter 14. (Not Miss Prizzle. She was a history teacher, remember?) 

For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen check out my new blog!

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 11, 2024 10:16 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

@col-klink 

I haven't thought of that one, though I think the Focus on the Family Radio Theatre adaption did a composite of Miss Prizzle and the other teacher. So I wonder if that would be possible if Greta Gerwig does Prince Caspian.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 12, 2024 1:04 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: