Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Getting to Know You!

Page 12 / 16
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

@rraym welcome! A few of us are 'grandparent generation', and we still love reading the books and discussing them.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 5, 2022 1:59 pm
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut

@rraym 

Welcome to NarniaWeb!

What musical instruments do you play? I'm something of a musician myself Bats eyes  

This is the journey
This is the trial
For the hero inside us all
I can hear adventure call
Here we go

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 5, 2022 3:07 pm
johobbit liked
Blue Jay
(@blue-jay)
NarniaWeb Regular

@rraym Nice to meet cha! I always wanted to learn wood work myself, it's cool you can do that! Instruments as well... I was hoping to get a tongue drum to learn for fun though it does take commitment to stick with it and I've already have a few Instruments I haven't learned how to play lol.

“Auntie, why was there a nurse living in our walls?"
- Random Personal Book Quote

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 5, 2022 4:47 pm
rraym
(@rraym)
NarniaWeb Newbie

@glenwit Trombone, baritone horn, tuba, trumpet, French horn, clarinet, bass guitar, and piano.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 5, 2022 4:47 pm
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Welcome to NarniaWeb, @rraym! Music is a huge, irreplaceable part of my life (I majored in music at university, focusing on piano), and I love that you play so many instruments. ♪ ♫ Grin Do you have a favourite?

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 5, 2022 5:50 pm
rraym
(@rraym)
NarniaWeb Newbie

@jo I love the sound from a tuba, but the horn is big and cumbersome to hold and carry.  All in all, I prefer the baritone, but I have not played one for over 30 years.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 7, 2022 9:56 am
johobbit liked
narniafan_101
(@narniafan_101)
NarniaWeb Newbie

1. Name (please avoid your real full name):  Kate.

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen.

3. Family (single/married/kids): I have one older sister.

4. How you learned about NarniaWeb: About a month ago I was looking for some Narnia themed crafts to make my friend for her birthday, and stumbled around this forum by clicking a link about it. I forgot all about it as I was busy with school work but then while looking for a knitting pattern for lucy's cardigan I found it again. I looked at posts and after awhile I plucked up the courage to create an account! 

5. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I'm not 100% sure I think I was probably around 7 when I first read some of them (not sure which ones, I think probably Magicians Nephew, LWW and Prince Caspian), and then around 9 I read them all!

6. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Probably around 6 times! I like to read alot but usually find it hard to reread books but some of the narnia books I just keep rereading LOL.

7. Favorite of the Chronicles: I'm not completely sure as it changes quite alot! currently my favourite is the silver chair because I find the storyline and the characters really interesting.

8. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I like to bake, Knit and occasionally embroider (when im not completely swamped with school!). I also love to read, mainly fantasy books but i enjoy most genres. I also fence and do Tae Kwon do.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 3, 2022 1:14 pm
Courtenay, rainyweather, KingEdTheJust and 1 people liked
johobbit
(@jo)

A hearty, warm Narnian welcome to you, @narniafan_101! Wave So, are you currently in the middle of knitting Lucy's cardigan? We'd love to see a photo when it is complete. Smile  

It sounds like you are very busy with school, but I'm glad you are still taking time to read and be creative! Cool

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 3, 2022 2:43 pm
narniafan_101
(@narniafan_101)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Thanks! @jo 

Sadly I havent been able to find a pattern yet (Still on the look out!) But currently knitting a pair of "lantern waste mittens" From a pattern I found.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 4, 2022 11:35 am
johobbit liked
hiraeth
(@hiraeth)
NarniaWeb Regular

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): 

Jo, nice to meet you! 

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl):

Queen 

3. Family (single/married/kids):

Single 

4. Occupation: 

Studying

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb:

I first came to NarniaWeb a few months before Joe Johnston was announced as director of SC - a long time ago!! I think I was just googling and stumbled across the website as a kid, a pretty good find I think! 😉 

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles:

Ooh that’s a good question…maybe 7? But probably even younger than that - it’s hard because I grew up with the first Walden movie so I’m not sure whether the book or movie came first! 

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles:

oh gosh…some I’ve read more than others, at least 10 probably…

8. Favorite of the Chronicles:

Horse and His Boy, but I have a feeling it will switch to Silver Chair next time I reread 🙂 

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you:

Hmm, suddenly I can’t think of anything interesting about myself! But in terms of hobbies I love reading, theatre, and am a pretty universal film lover - I have a favourite movie in pretty much every genre of film 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 22, 2022 11:42 pm
Courtenay and coracle liked
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

@hiraeth welcome!

I like your choice of name; being half Welsh myself I know its meaning.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 23, 2022 12:19 am
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

Welcome to Narniaweb, @hiraeth! There's lots to discuss about Narnia and related things.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 23, 2022 9:26 am
johobbit
(@jo)

So glad you are here on NarniaWeb, @hiraeth! Wave I, too, love the meaning of your name. It reminds me somewhat of the German 'Sehnsucht' to which Lewis was so drawn. Not exactly the same meaning, but along a similar vein, it seems.

Re your interests/hobbies, we have a thread in the Spare Oom for each area you mentioned: books, theatre (that one is on the second page), and movies. Smile  

Enjoy the discussions!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 23, 2022 9:41 am
hiraeth
(@hiraeth)
NarniaWeb Regular

Thanks so much guys! Looking forward to lots of great discussions! 😊 

Also I’m glad you guys like my name! I’m not Welsh, but I found the word online and think it’s very beautiful and fitting for being a fan of Narnia 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 23, 2022 3:28 pm
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

1. Name (please avoid your real full name):  Silverlily. 

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen.

3. Family (single/married/kids): Single adult, living with family because of medical things.

4. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I've been on TLC for ages as Lily of Archenland and y'all get mentioned sometimes in the chat.

5. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: ...read independently, or do read-alouds count?

6. How many times have you read the Chronicles: I never kept count.

7. Favorite of the Chronicles: I think lately I've been on a bit of a Magician's Nephew kick.

8. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I draw and paint a lot, write (mostly poetry these days), and experiment with cooking. I read voraciously, especially fantasy, scifi, and children's lit. I'm the second child of four. I'm probably a bit ideologically weird by your standards these days, but no worries, I know how to avoid trigger topics! I have one pet, a beloved kitty named Lilah. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 12, 2023 1:30 am
Courtenay liked
Page 12 / 16
Share: