Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Getting to Know You!

Page 13 / 16
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

@silverlily Lovely to meet you! I'm assuming TLC is The Lion's Call? I've heard of that site, but haven't really looked at it.

I'm a voracious reader too, especially of fantasy and children's literature (not such a fan of sci-fi, but I don't mind it occasionally, especially humorous / parody takes on it) — and I love cats as well!! Hope you'll find NarniaWeb to be a purrrrrrfect community for you... couldn't resist that one, sorry. Grin  

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 12, 2023 11:23 am
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

@courtenay Yup, TLC is The Lion's Call! I feel like we're not so much in our glory days over there anymore, but we've still got good folks.

Do you have any kitties of your own?

Thanks for the welcome. ^_^

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 12, 2023 11:32 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee
Posted by: @silverlily

Do you have any kitties of your own?

No, not at present. I live in a relatively small flat and there's a "no pets" rule in my rental contract! But right now I also wouldn't have the time (or, probably, the money) that's needed to care for a pet properly. I grew up with both cats and dogs and I know what a huge commitment they are, and particularly difficult if you work long hours or you're away from home a lot. I'm sure the time will come when I'm able to have a cat of my own again one day, though, eventually...

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 12, 2023 11:41 am
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru
Posted by: @silverlily

4. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I've been on TLC for ages as Lily of Archenland and y'all get mentioned sometimes in the chat.

I've seen you on TLC in the chat box. It's great to see you on Narniaweb as well.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 12, 2023 1:34 pm
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

Welcome to NarniaWeb, @Silverlily! It's great to see someone from The Lion's Call over here; everyone I've met from there has always been nice. Smile

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 13, 2023 9:42 am
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Pleasure to meet you as well, Rose. And I'm glad a good reputation precedes us. ^_^

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 13, 2023 10:29 am
Lamppost579
(@lamppost579)
NarniaWeb Newbie

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): My name is LampPost579

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl):  King

3. Family (single/married/kids):  Single unfortunately. Lol

4. Occupation: College Student (Computer Science Major if anyone was wondering 🙂 )

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb:  I found yalls YouTube channel first then found y’all’s website

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles:  I believe I was about 7 or 8

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: I’ve read them about twice, but I’ve listened to the FOTF dramatized version too many times to count. LOL

8. Favorite of the Chronicles:  OH NO!! 😭 If I had to pick right now, I might have to say The Silver Chair. But it honestly changes from time to time 🤣

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you:  I enjoy my tv shows/movies and spending time with my family. Guess I’m kind of boring🤣. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 1, 2023 12:02 am
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Welcome to NarniaWeb, @LampPost579! Wave Indeed, aren't the FotF radio theatre versions fantastic? Applause I listen to them at least once every year. So well done! Grin  

Posted by: @lamppost579

spending time with my family. Guess I’m kind of boring

Giggle   Except I would not call spending time with family boring. No way, no how. Giggle Imho, this is one of the most treasured, fun, invigorating things on earth. Love So, I think you are not in the least boring! Grin  

I have always said that my favourite Narnian Chronicle is the one I am reading at the time, but if I absolutely had to choose, it would probably be The Silver Chair, with The Horse and His Boy a close second. But then LWW, PC, Voyage, TMN, TLB are all excellent and treasured too.  Bats eyes LOL  

And each one becomes more wonderful and rich as I get older!

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 1, 2023 6:45 am
Lamppost579
(@lamppost579)
NarniaWeb Newbie

@jo I know what you mean. They’re all so great I can’t just really pick😭. I’ve been listening to the FOTF version ever since I was a little kid. I loved them when I was little, but I love them more as an adult☺️

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 1, 2023 3:47 pm
johobbit liked
Azog the Defiler
(@azog-the-defiler)
NarniaWeb Nut

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Azog the Defiler. I'm actually quite nice, in spite of sharing a name with a tyrannical, non-canon orc. 

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Narnian King.

3. Family (single/married/kids): Single.

4. Occupation: website admin, fantasy, history enthusiast.

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I've been following NarniaWeb for a few years. I may have stumbled on the site years ago, but I don't remember.

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I was 8 when I first read them. I had seen the BBC tLtWatWD at 4, which was my introduction to Narnia.

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: I usually try to read Narnia, "The Hobbit," and "The Lord of the Rings" between late October and New Year's Day.

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: I liked PC as a kid, but tVotDT was the only movie I saw in theaters. "The Last Battle" is the best since it has the potential to make one both happy and sad.

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Fishing, gardening, general enjoyment of the outdoors, reading, and archery, are some of my hobbies.

Good day to any reading this😄

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 12, 2023 12:32 pm
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator
Posted by: @azog-the-defiler

Azog the Defiler.

And a hearty welcome to you, Azog! Wave  

I'm actually quite nice, in spite of sharing a name with a tyrannical, non-canon orc. 

I will admit: I laughed aloud when I read this. Glad to know there are some nice orcs around. Giggle

I usually try to read Narnia, "The Hobbit," and "The Lord of the Rings" between late October and New Year's Day.

Way to go! Applause  

Re hobbies: a heads up that we do have a Books thread here in the Spare Oom, as well as a Gardening topic. Smile  

Looking forward to seeing you around the discussions!

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 12, 2023 2:13 pm
Azog the Defiler
(@azog-the-defiler)
NarniaWeb Nut

@jo Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm glad you found my quip funny.

I will certainly have to look into the gardening and book discussions.🙂

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 12, 2023 5:30 pm
johobbit liked
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Azog the Defiler. I'm actually quite nice, in spite of sharing a name with a tyrannical, non-canon orc. 

Welcome, Azog! It's good to hear that you are nice. Giggle  

I'm not so sure that you are non-canon, though - there is an orc named Azog in the book, and that could be you.

(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 14, 2023 6:56 pm
Azog the Defiler
(@azog-the-defiler)
NarniaWeb Nut

@varna

Posted by: @varna

Welcome, Azog!

Thank you!

Posted by: @varna

I'm not so sure that you are non-canon, though - there is an orc named Azog in the book, and that could be you.

I'm glad that I exist in the books, even if it was merely in an honorable mention. What are your thoughts on the 2012-14 Hobbit films?

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 15, 2023 5:06 pm
NarnianSteward
(@narniansteward)
NarniaWeb Newbie

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): NarnianSteward or Stew for short

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): King

3. Family (single/married/kids): Married with two children 

4. Occupation: Church minister 

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Came up on some google searches relating to the Narnia movies. But I've known about it on and off for a few years. The Lions Call was my first introduction to online fandom and NarniaWeb was mentioned there from time to time. 

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: Probably 10 or 11 but they were read to me very early on. 

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: More times than I can remember. 

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Horse and His Boy. 

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Reading (mostly fantasy), video games, walking and history. I also enjoy writing like I suspect most of us do.

Looking forward to getting to know you all. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 28, 2023 11:33 am
Page 13 / 16
Share: