Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Assemble A Marvel SF

Page 3 / 4
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

I'm sure it was a great relief to you after you saw the scene clearly. ;) :)

Oh definitely. #:-s The whole ordeal might have taken a bit of the humor out of it for me, though. ;))

I'm really glad, though, that Loki got his chance to have a moment fighting each of the heroes. I think my favorite was the scene between him and Black Widow.

There wasn't too much between him and Hawkeye, though. And that seems a shame since

Spoiler
I thought Hawkeye's embitterment against Loki for "turning him bad" temporarily was a cool plot point.
I would really like for Loki to be in Hawkeye's movie if he gets one, so they can continue that. B-)

~Riella =:)

Topic starter Posted : May 15, 2012 8:33 pm
7chronicles
(@7chronicles)
NarniaWeb Guru

There wasn't too much between him and Hawkeye, though. And that seems a shame since

Spoiler
I thought Hawkeye's embitterment against Loki for "turning him bad" temporarily was a cool plot point.

Yeah I Love when Thor says that he has
Would have loved to have seen Loki and him battle it out against each other! :D

I would really like for Loki to be in Hawkeye's movie if he gets one, so they can continue that. B-)

That would be the best!!!!! Hmmm... I wonder if there could be a way to make that happen.
Or if Loki then they could have some sort of scene between them then!!! :D
And I also enjoyed the scene between Black Widow and Loki! Of course I love every scene that Loki is in. :p

By the way did anyone else think it was as funny as I did when Iron Man called Hawkeye !!!! =))

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis

Posted : May 15, 2012 9:38 pm
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

I hope to see The Avengers again this weekend and catch the things I missed.

I'm rather astounded at all the iterations of superhero shows/cartoons/movies that have been made. This goes for both the Marvel and DC universes (a friend is far more aware of these things than am, and has introduced me to several of these. One is the animated Spectacular Spider-Man, which I enjoyed. I may have been biased there, as one of its creators and writers was Greg Weisman, the creator of Gargoyles).

In this light, at first I wasn't too enthusiastic about yet another Spider-Man reboot, but having seen the trailer a couple times, maybe it'll explore something new.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

Posted : May 16, 2012 8:30 am
7chronicles
(@7chronicles)
NarniaWeb Guru

James Badge Dale has joined the cast of Iron Man 3.

According to comingsoon.net he will play:
:)

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis

Posted : May 16, 2012 1:58 pm
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

That would be the best!!!!! Hmmm... I wonder if there could be a way to make that happen.
Or if Loki then they could have some sort of scene between them then!!! :D

I had an idea that maybe Loki could be the villain in Hawkeye's movie, if/when it comes out. He is signed to do 5 movies, after all. :D

Topic starter Posted : May 16, 2012 2:42 pm
7chronicles
(@7chronicles)
NarniaWeb Guru

I had an idea that maybe Loki could be the villain in Hawkeye's movie, if/when it comes out. He is signed to do 5 movies, after all. :D

That would be Awesome!!! :D
The only reason Im not sure they would do it is because if/when they do the Hawkeye movie, they would probably show his story from the begining which means the movie would take place before the Avengers. If that was the case then Hawkeye and Loki hadn't met yet.
Though maybe they could start the movie in the present after the events of The Avengers with Loki being up to some mischief as usual, and then the movie could show Hawkeye's past and jump between past and present story lines. Or something like that. :)

Posted : May 16, 2012 2:58 pm
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

The only reason Im not sure they would do it is because if/when they do the Hawkeye movie, they would probably show his story from the begining which means the movie would take place before the Avengers. If that was the case then Hawkeye and Loki hadn't met yet.
Though maybe they could start the movie in the present after the events of The Avengers with Loki being up to some mischief as usual, and then the movie could show Hawkeye's past and jump between past and present story lines. Or something like that. :)

Well, I heard somewhere that

Spoiler
the upcoming movie about Nick Fury will be a prequel to the Avengers, and will show the beginnings of Hawkeye and Black Widow.
So if Hawkeye got his own movie, it will probably take place after The Avengers.

Topic starter Posted : May 16, 2012 3:02 pm
7chronicles
(@7chronicles)
NarniaWeb Guru

[
Well, I heard somewhere that

Spoiler
the upcoming movie about Nick Fury will be a prequel to the Avengers, and will show the beginnings of Hawkeye and Black Widow.
So if Hawkeye got his own movie, it will probably take place after The Avengers.

Oh that would work out perfect then! :D
I think it would definitely make more sense to have all

Posted : May 16, 2012 3:47 pm
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

I think it would definitely make more sense to have all

Topic starter Posted : May 16, 2012 5:26 pm
Shadowlander
(@shadowlander)
NarniaWeb Guru

Avengers has definitely been the best of the Marvel films to date. Let's check out a few other movies based on the Marvel universe. :D

Thor*
Captain America*
The Punisher
Spiderman I
Spiderman II
Spiderman III
Iron Man*
Iron Man 2*
Punisher War Zone
Ghost Rider
X-Men I
X-Men II
X-Men III
X-Men: First Class
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
The Incredible Hulk (the Ed Norton one)*
The Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four II: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Daredevil

*denotes required viewing for full enjoyment of The Avengers film*

And this is before we get to the DC comics movies. Most of these have been made within the past 10 years. I can't claim to have ever been a real X-Men fan but they've definitely got the most movies. The Fantastic Four was merely ok. Part II destroyed what I consider to be the most Epic story arc in Marvel history (Booky may disagree), specifically the Galactus saga. Daredevil was better than the press it got, with Michael Clarke Duncan as a very inspired choice to play Kingpin. As a big Punisher fan I love the Punisher film with Thomas Jane starring in the titular role as Frank Castle/Punisher, although I will say that Punisher II: War Zone was also a really good flick with Ray Stevenson expanding on the role and Newman from Seinfeld picking up the role of Microchip. And I really love the Sam Raimi Spiderman movies, even if III is considered the weakest (I thought II was, but that's just my opinion). Toby Macguire made a great Peter Parker, and Willem Defoe *is* the Green Goblin, a role he relished so much he asked to come back for the two sequels even though his character wasn't officially in the script. Rock on, Willem!

And so many more Marvel flicks to come! B-)

Edit: Oh, and before I forget, I kind of chuckled while I was watching the Avengers that all of this mayhem is happening in the streets of NYC and yet other superheroes are based there and were nowhere to be seen. Spiderman and Daredevil both work exclusively out of NYC. The Fantastic Four are there too...in fact Reed Richards has the whole headquarters for that supergroup right there, probably within sight of Stark Tower. In fact if Reed could get his mitts on Stark's arc power design he could probably finally have enough juice to convert Ben "the Thing" Grimm back into his human form. Isn't it ironic? Don't ya think? 8-}

Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Posted : May 16, 2012 7:15 pm
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

I'm noticing a lot of things I never noticed before in the Marvel movies.

For one thing, I didn't know until my most recent watch that Hawkeye was in the movie Thor. ;))

And this is really sad, but... I didn't know the guy who played Johnny Storm in Fantastic Four was the same guy who played Captain America. ;)) That's odd... I never would have expected them to use the same actor for two different superheroes. /:) He did a good job on both, though. :)

Topic starter Posted : May 17, 2012 3:21 pm
7chronicles
(@7chronicles)
NarniaWeb Guru

Ditto! Although, the really cool thing about Loki and Black Widow is that

Spoiler
when they fight, it seems more like a battle of wits. Or at least, that's what it was on The Avengers. And I think that's pretty fascinating. It's a lot more different and unique than the typical physical combat you see in most superhero films. I hope we get to see more of that sometime in the future. :)

Yes I loved that about the scene! It would definitely be interesting to see

I'm noticing a lot of things I never noticed before in the Marvel movies.

For one thing, I didn't know until my most recent watch that Hawkeye was in the movie Thor. ;))

I don't think I would have known that either, except I read about him being in it before Thor came out. :)

And this is really sad, but... I didn't know the guy who played Johnny Storm in Fantastic Four was the same guy who played Captain America. ;)) That's odd... I never would have expected them to use the same actor for two different superheroes. /:) He did a good job on both, though. :)

Yeah Chris Evans did a great job at playing two totally opposite Marvel characters!
It will be interesting to see who they pick to be the new Johnny Storm when they eventually reboot Fantastic Four. :)

Oh, and before I forget, I kind of chuckled while I was watching the Avengers that all of this mayhem is happening in the streets of NYC and yet other superheroes are based there and were nowhere to be seen. Spiderman and Daredevil both work exclusively out of NYC. The Fantastic Four are there too...in fact Reed Richards has the whole headquarters for that supergroup right there, probably within sight of Stark Tower.

I'm sure they all had very good reasons for not lending a hand to The Avengers. ;)) ;)

Daredevil: Matt Murdock had a case in court and could not get out of it.

Spider-Man: The guy is in High School, he can't go to math class and save the world all at once.

The Fantasic Four: On vacation in Florida, Surfing with the Silver Surfer. ;) :p

Posted : May 17, 2012 11:31 pm
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

Interesting casting news for Iron Man 3. Not super familiar with

Spoiler
Coldblood, but I thought he was a superhero. Seems odd that they would introduce a fairly obscure superhero in Iron Man 3, but having him be the villain makes even less sense.

I'm guessing we're meant to believe that the superheroes in Avengers are the only ones currently active in the Marvel movie-verse. I'm not sure they're even allowed to refer to Spidey, the FF, X-Men, etc. obliquely. Anyone know when the film rights for the FF revert back to Marvel? I'd love to see their take on them. Hopefully that would mean a good Doctor Doom as well. And then a do-over on Galactus and all of the other awesome cosmic villains the FF fight.

Posted : May 21, 2012 6:13 pm
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

Well, I finally got to see The Avengers for the second time yesterday. :D It's just as good a second time around, and I noticed a lot of things I didn't notice the first time around.

I've also started reading the Journey Into Mystery comics about Loki. So far, I think they're fantastic. I love how it can have fascinating twists and plots, and yet not take itself too seriously and include a lot of humor. They're written brilliantly, as well. The comics are rated T+, so they do have some content, but nothing worse than what you'd see on a PG-13 movie like Iron Man. Plus, I love seeing Loki as teenager. :)

Topic starter Posted : May 26, 2012 10:11 am
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Please note that this thread will be closing on Saturday, July 7. After that time, please discuss your favorite Avengers heroes in the appropriate movie thread.

And look for the DC Comics Special Feature coming soon, in anticipation of The Dark Knight Rises!

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

Posted : June 27, 2012 3:00 pm
Page 3 / 4
Share: