Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Assemble A Marvel SF

Page 2 / 4
7chronicles
(@7chronicles)
NarniaWeb Guru

I am quite excited for Thor 2 and Captain America 2 if they plan on it. Marvel has already mentioned Avengers 2 so I am very much looking forward to it as well.

Thor 2 is due out November 15, 2013
and Captain America 2 is out April 14, 2014 and it has been said it will take place in instead of the like the first one. :)

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis

Posted : May 10, 2012 9:31 am
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

- Who is your favorite superhero(es)?
Really, Really tuff!
Its between Iron Man and Thor, but I think I'll have to give it to Stark!
(Hawkeye would be third)

- Who is your favorite secondary character(s)?
Agent Coulson, need I say more.

I forgot all about Hawkeye and Agent Coulson! :-o How could I do that? :P I guess because Hawkeye doesn't have his own movie yet... But I have absolutely no excuse for forgetting Agent Coulson. [-( I am grounded, young lady. Grounded. ;)

Yeah. I'm adding them to my favorites list. ;))

On Iron Man 3:

On Thor 2:

[spoiler=]

And [the heart of the movie is also] the relationship between Thor and Odin, which does change drastically as it did over the course of the first movie, and picks up and continues from there.

I'm assuming the change they're referring to in the first movie is Thor viewing Odin as "an old man and a fool" and then later missing him and wanting to go back to him. So, are they saying it's going to change drastically again? Or are they referring to the same change? The wording is a bit confusing. If there's going to be another drastic change, it'll be interesting to find out what. Some dark secrets Odin is hiding, maybe? :-?[/spoiler]

Marvelous job with the starter Ithy, and let me tell you that your review for Avengers was out of this world. I couldn't have said anything better myself and I want to give you a huge thumbs-up for it. I didn't really notice the cheesy dialogue and such, perhaps I am less of a critic, but still you did a fantastic job.

Thank you, my dear Lonnie. *bows* And yes, I can be a tough critic in things. It's rare that I give a movie something above a 5 rating (on a scale from one to ten). ;)) But then, that just goes to show how awesome The Avengers really is. The first movie I've ever rated a 10/10, as far as I know. :D

I do! I own a Captain America poster and my family owns the more recent Marvel movies. (Thor, Ironman 1&2, Captain America etc.) I am looking into a Avengers poster and the Avengers soundtrack.

We own the DVDs of Spider-Man 1,2, and 3, both Fantastic Four movies, Thor, Iron Man 1 and 2, and... some others, I think.

I have a Lego Avengers poster they were handing out free at the theater. Does that count? :P

Captain America spoilers:

EDIT: Apparently Tom Hiddleston signed on to do five more films as Loki. :-o Does that mean There will be 6 Thor movies in all? If he's in Avengers 2, that will be another one, but... That's a lot of movies. I wonder if they'll put him in other superhero movies like Hawkeye's or Captain America's. Here's the link. Thoughts? :-

ANOTHER EDIT: Also, Mark Ruffalo has signed to play Bruce Banner/ Hulk in 6 more movies. And Samuel L. Jackson allegedly signed on to do 9... This is getting a bit insane. I love it. ;))

~Riella =:)

Topic starter Posted : May 10, 2012 10:46 am
jayce76
(@jayce76)
NarniaWeb Regular

Joss Whedon Talks Marvel Movies, Loki & Avengers #2!

Star Pulse Magazine recently had a quick sit-down interview with the golden director himself, Mr. Joss Whedon over the weekend where he shed some light on the current state of Marvel Studio’s right now & what could be Avengers #2!

Read more: http://telewatcher.com/action/the-avengers-2-movie-news/#ixzz1uTSgBlWe

Posted : May 10, 2012 3:46 pm
7chronicles
(@7chronicles)
NarniaWeb Guru

There is no official confirmation yet as to who

I'm really happy about this too! It didn't make me love the movie any less, but it seemed so typical. 

I believe they are referring to the same . Though I could be wrong. :) 

No plot details have been mentioned for Cap 2,

Speaking of Captain America Here is a quote from Avengers' directer Joss Whedon about a scene that was cut from the Avengers due to pacing:

[spoiler=]"One of the best scenes that I wrote was the beautiful and poignant scene between Steve and Peggy [Carter] that takes place in the present. And I was the one who was like, Guys, we need to lose this. It was killing the rhythm of the thing. And we did have a lot of Cap, because he really was the in for me," said Whedon. [/spoiler]

Would have loved to have seen this scene, though I think it would be a bit sad. :) 

EDIT: Apparently Tom Hiddleston signed on to do five more films as Loki.  😮 Does that mean There will be 6 Thor movies in all? If he's in Avengers 2, that will be another one, but... That's a lot of movies. I wonder if they'll put him in other superhero movies like Hawkeye's or Captain America's.
ANOTHER EDIT: Also, Mark Ruffalo has signed to play Bruce Banner/ Hulk in 6 more movies. And Samuel L. Jackson allegedly signed on to do 9... This is getting a bit insane. I love it. ;)),

I could be wrong, but Marvel Studio made similar signing arrangements for Samuel L. Jackson (signing him for 9 films if I remember correctly) for his role as Nick Fury. 
So each time he appears in a Marvel movie, whether it's a cameo (like) or in a full movie (like The Avengers) it counts as one of the nine movies he was signed for.
Again I can't say for sure, but that's what I got out of it. :)

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis

Posted : May 10, 2012 5:51 pm
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

I could be wrong, but Marvel Studio made similar signing arrangements for Samuel L. Jackson (signing him for 9 films if I remember correctly) for his role as Nick Fury. 
So each time he appears in a Marvel movie, whether it's a cameo (like) or in a full movie (like The Avengers) it counts as one of the nine movies he was signed for.
Again I can't say for sure, but that's what I got out of it. :)

The purpose of that was to lead up to The Avengers, though.

So, you think Loki will be doing cameos in movies? And if so, for what purpose? It would be leading up to something, I'm sure...

Topic starter Posted : May 10, 2012 8:14 pm
7chronicles
(@7chronicles)
NarniaWeb Guru

So, you think Loki will be doing cameos in movies? And if so, for what purpose? It would be leading up to something, I'm sure...

I have no doubt that we will see Loki in a big way in at least one of those signings!
I think some will be cameos leading up to both The Avengers 2 and Thor 3! And who knows what else could be in store for the mischievous Loki! ;)

@jayce76: Thanks for the link to the interview! :) Can't wait for Avengers 2!!! :D

Posted : May 10, 2012 8:40 pm
jayce76
(@jayce76)
NarniaWeb Regular

@jayce76: Thanks for the link to the interview! :) Can't wait for Avengers 2!!! :D

Ha! You bet, my pleasure. I'm pretty excited too.

Posted : May 11, 2012 6:41 am
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

My mom and I are hoping to go see The Avengers in theaters again sometime. Next month, if it's still around.

Does anyone have any idea how long it will be in theaters? And when it will be coming out on DVD? (I hear the BluRay will have half an hour's worth of deleted scenes. :-o )

Topic starter Posted : May 13, 2012 11:31 am
7chronicles
(@7chronicles)
NarniaWeb Guru

My mom and I are hoping to go see The Avengers in theaters again sometime. Next month, if it's still around.

Does anyone have any idea how long it will be in theaters? And when it will be coming out on DVD? (I hear the BluRay will have half an hour's worth of deleted scenes. :-o )

Though I can't say for sure, I Don't think you should have any trouble watching the Avengers in a month.
They still have showings for The Hunger Games in all of the theaters near me, and that has been out now for over a month.

I haven't heard anything on the DVD (will probably be released in 4 or 6 months) release yet, but it would not surprise me if there is 30min of deleted scenes, Joss Whedon cut 45min from the movie. :)
I hope all 45min is included in the deleted scenes! :D

Here is a quote from an interview with him:

Unfortunately, Whedon said that a three-hour director's cut was not in the cards for The Avengers Blu-ray or DVD releases. However, he did note that we should expect to see some "extraordinary extras" as a result.

Posted : May 13, 2012 10:37 pm
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

Whedon cut 45min from the movie. :)
I hope all 45min is included in the deleted scenes! :D

Ditto! It's such a shame those extra scenes had to be deleted. But I suppose the movie was already rather long.

I heard a lot of those scenes were were about Captain America. Some people think Cap didn't get as many scenes as the other heroes did. Now we know why. His scenes got cut. :(

It would be really sad if the cut scenes turned out to be really amazing, like (IMO) what happened with Thor. A lot of the cut scenes in Thor, which were only included on the BluRay (not the DVD), were really amazing and should have been left in.

Topic starter Posted : May 14, 2012 10:52 am
Shadowlander
(@shadowlander)
NarniaWeb Guru

Wifester and I just got home from seeing the Avengers and loved it! Wifester has only seen the Iron Man movies and just watched Captain America for the first time late last week, so she wasn't sure who Thor, Loki, or the Hulk were, but other than that she enjoyed it.

My favorite part of the film is Hulk's brief meeting with Loki. In fact I'd pay money just to see that part again. ;))

Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Posted : May 14, 2012 4:01 pm
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

My favorite part of the film is Hulk's brief meeting with Loki. In fact I'd pay money just to see that part again. ;))

;)

I'd pay money to see a lot of the parts again. I need to see the movie a second time. Plus, there were some parts I missed the first time, apparently. I need to see those. B-)

Topic starter Posted : May 14, 2012 4:30 pm
7chronicles
(@7chronicles)
NarniaWeb Guru

I heard a lot of those scenes were were about Captain America. Some people think Cap didn't get as many scenes as the other heroes did. Now we know why. His scenes got cut. :(

Yeah Joss Whedon said he had a lot of Captain America in the movie, I think he ended up cutting some of his scenes to balance out everyone's screen time.

It would be really sad if the cut scenes turned out to be really amazing, like (IMO) what happened with Thor. A lot of the cut scenes in Thor, which were only included on the BluRay (not the DVD), were really amazing and should have been left in.

Yeah I liked Thor's cut scenes! I liked the scene before Thor's , when Loki made :p

Thanks for posting the clip! :D
Loki's face totally makes that scene for me!!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =))

Posted : May 15, 2012 6:52 pm
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

Loki's face totally makes that scene for me!!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =))

That scene scared me at first because, when I first saw it, the resolution was really bad, and he looked dead. And I was thinking, "Wait... did the Hulk just kill Loki? :-o "

I'm glad he survived that rather surprising encounter. But it still looks pretty painful. :-s ;))

Topic starter Posted : May 15, 2012 7:29 pm
7chronicles
(@7chronicles)
NarniaWeb Guru

That scene scared me at first because, when I first saw it, the resolution was really bad, and he looked dead. And I was thinking, "Wait... did the Hulk just kill Loki? :-o "

I'm glad he survived that rather surprising encounter. But it still looks pretty painful. :-s ;))

Thats aweful!!!! :-o
I dont think anything in the movie would scare me more then the thought of
He is just to great a villain!
I would have been really mad if they had done that in the movie!
I'm sure it was a great relief to you after you saw the scene clearly. ;) :)

Posted : May 15, 2012 7:59 pm
Page 2 / 4
Share: