Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Assemble A Marvel SF

Page 4 / 4
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I noticed that here in town last night, there were at least two theaters showing an advance midnight screening of The Amazing Spider-Man, so I'm assuming there were theaters showing it nation-wide. Did anybody go see it? I'm curious if people will like it or not.
I'm still kind of weirded out that they decided to reboot the series fairly soon after the 2002 Spider-Man, but if this new movie is successful, why not?

Posted : July 3, 2012 3:05 am
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

How were you first introduced to Marvel comics/movies?
Marvel comics - I read a few of my cousin's Spiderman comics as a young child. Marvel movies - The first Spiderman. Watched it on video with my family, when it was first released for home viewing.
I was and still am more likely to read a Spiderman comic or X-Men comic than anything else from Marvel.

Who is your favorite superhero(es)?
Spiderman (not very original, I know). Wolverine and Iron Man are pretty awesome too. The Punisher is interesting but very controversial.

Who is your favorite villain(s)?
I don't know many of them. Venom. I thought Spiderman 3 was mostly a mess but I loved (some) aspects of Venom in the movie. From the movies? Definitely Loki. Mystique is good too.

Who is your favorite secondary character(s)?
I don't know. Black Widow was interesting in the movie, as was Nick Fury.

What is your favorite of the movies?
As of tonight - The Avengers, by a long-shot. I haven't seen a good many of the movies though.

What is your opinion on the adaptations that have been made, turning the comics into films?
From the little I do know, it seems Marvel treats their characters with the respect they deserve (although the Fantastic Four movies were pretty dismal). That said, the majority of Marvel movies are good fun, if not amazing (although some are the latter).

What is your opinion of the new movie The Avengers?
First up, the only Avengers I was familiar with, up until a few years ago, was the British spy TV series from the 1960's. Secondly, I enjoy comics but superhero adventures, beyond Batman, aren't really my thing. Probably has something to do with the silly costumes, over-the-top action, generally simple stories (this isn't true of all of them but there are some real duds) and all that spandex (oi vey!). I also prefer psychological content alongside the action - hence Batman. Finally, I haven't seen any of the associated movies (save "Ironman" - which I really enjoyed) and I only knew Thor from Norse mythology. So went into this movie pretty much blind. Now, onto my review:

! "The Avengers" is perhaps the first true superhero movie, ever. Was the movie perfect? No. Some of the costumes were silly, I didn't like the alien designs and Black Widow could've been better developed. Was it a great superhero movie? Heck, yes! "The Avengers" was well-written (thank you Joss Whedon), most of the acting was very solid (Thor withstanding), the character drama was quality (sometimes even hilarious), the action was spectacular but 'realistic' (up until the final showdown but the audience really cared about the characters at this point, so no harm done). The action scenes were bombastic and the scale of the whole thing was ridiculous but they suited the genre so well. Most importantly, the story was rooted in the characters, lending real weight to the action. I loved every minute of it.

Any thoughts on upcoming Marvel films?
Bring on Avengers 2! And a Black Widow movie would be pretty great.

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

Posted : July 3, 2012 4:32 am
jayce76
(@jayce76)
NarniaWeb Regular

Here's two new interesting bits of Marvel / Avengers news . .

For a long time now, it seemed almost improbable that Ant-Man:The Movie ( Not the official title ) was heading into production anytime soon, especially since director Edgar Wright had already announced principle photography would begin on “The World’s End”, his trilogy ending collaboration with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, sometime this September. So many would be left thinking that any inkling of hope for an Ant-Man feature would be down the drain, and headed for development hell, as it were . .

Read More: http://cinemaroll.com/animation/ant-man-the-movie-comes-closer-to-reality/#ixzz1zXlSFpxD

More Spidey / Avengers #2 Rumors!

Before Marvel Studios smash hit, The Avengers: Assemble was released back in early May, speculation was running pretty wild that Andrew Garfield’s Peter Parker/Spider-Man would have some sort of a cameo ( If not a role even? ) in Joss Whedon’s superhero ensemble. Which in the end proved to be totally false, despite someone on the production speaking to the later. However, the actor has now been spotted in downtown L.A. with something leading “Daily Mail Magazine”, to come to the conclusion that he may indeed be . . .

Read More: http://cinemaroll.com/cinemarolling/more-spidey-avengers-2-rumors/#ixzz1zXmkqnbH

Posted : July 3, 2012 9:53 am
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Ant-Man? Seriously? For every great or even good superhero/heroine, there are some real duds. Ant-Man never struck me as all that interesting, and certainly not worthy of a high-budget movie.

I think Andrew Garfield will play a great Peter Parker. Toby Macguire was okay but Garfield is the better actor and more interesting. I'm not sure about the reboot but it looks good, although almost anything will be a disappointment after the grandeur of The Avengers.

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

Posted : July 3, 2012 3:24 pm
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

I like Hank Pym as a character, but the idea of an Ant-Man movie is laughable to me. I don't understand why the heavy fandom interest in seeing an Ant-Man movie. Dr. Strange has also been rumored as a possible movie and he sounds a lot more likely a pick for a successful movie franchise than the dude who gets really small and communicates with bugs. :P

Posted : July 3, 2012 6:23 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share: