Share:
Notifications
Clear all

To The Theater and Back Again: Your Movie Plans

Page 2 / 2
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Aiming to head down to the Wichita Hobbit Party in December. :D/ Yes, I know it's a very long way to go for a film, but when it comes to NarniaWebbers ... :D However, I just entered this contest. It would be a miracle if I won, but there's always a first time. I'm just hoping it'll take place prior to when we leave for KS on December 11th. If it doesn't, I'll pass the tickets on to some other lucky souls.

Nellie and I have dressed up as Shire lasses for a Tolkien convention years ago, and that was fun, but I don't know if we will pursue it this time. I'm not a very costume-y person, and getting that curly hair to stay stuck on our feet was a bit of a challenge. Still, we did look rather cute, if I may say so myself, traveling the Toronto subway system as hobbits. ;))

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 27, 2012 11:38 am
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

oh, oh! If it is insanely warm and people want to do hobbit feet, I wouldn't mind bringing my box and doing them for people. I have all the tools for prosthetic-y stuff, as you know.

Speaking of which, I need to spray down and finish dyeing my elf ears. They're currently a dirty white with red streaks. ;)) I'm not sure if I should go elven jut for the sake of it, or figure something else out, though.

Sleep on the plane, LA!! You're not going to get any sleep in KS!!!!

And the worst part is, I'm awful about sleeping on planes, too!! =)) 8-}

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 27, 2012 12:19 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

oh, oh! If it is insanely warm and people want to do hobbit feet, I wouldn't mind bringing my box and doing them for people.

Oooh, really? :D I'm planning on coming to KS as a Hobbit Lass and I've been debating what to do about the feet since I'm a bit of a wimp. (Barefoot? In December? Eeeeeeep!) But maybe if I had a pair of flipflops cunningly painted to resemble my feet??? Or I could maybe rig a pair of sandals with hobbit hair and wear socks underneath until the last minute...

(Incidentally, if anyone is interested in designing a ladies hobbit outfit this is one of the nicest collections of research I've seen so far.)

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 28, 2012 10:43 am
Aslanisthebest
(@aslanisthebest)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I currently don't have any concrete plans for the movie. I'm so surprised at how near its release is! I'll probably see it in theatres, if I get the chance to. I'm hoping to read the book first, just so I can prepare well.

RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 6, 2012 11:26 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I too plan to head for Wichita. Berninbush is taking pity on me and driving. (I don't drive in winter weather because I don't have the experience. ;)) ) I won't be in costume because I have little to no skill in that area.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 29, 2012 7:29 am
Aslans_Jewel
(@aslans_jewel)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I have a group of about 10 friends who are all going opening night. As soon as school gets out on the 13th, we're heading to the theater to set up Minecraft LAN to play for the 8 hour wait. We'll have someone run to McDonalds or something and take turns going outside to eat.

then the weekend after that, I'm going again with a different group of friends after we pig out at Denny's on the Hobbit menu stuff.

no longer active. every once in a while ill pop back for the memories. good to see a few recognizable names 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 24, 2012 1:46 pm
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

I plan on going to the Hobbit Lion Party in Kansas. :D Then I plan on seeing with local NarniaWebbers (If you live in the Twin Cities MN area and would like to join us, send me a PM). I'm also going to see it with my family.

NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 2, 2012 2:24 pm
GlimGlum
(@glimglum)
Member Moderator

Just bought 3 tickets on-line for a 1:30pm showing this Saturday at world famous Grauman's Chinese theater in Hollywood, California. My all-time favorite theater but I have not been there for a while.

Looking forward to seeing The Hobbit 1 with a couple of good friends. :)

Loyal2Tirian
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 20, 2012 4:28 pm
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Still haven't figured out if or when I'll see The Hobbit. D: Funds are tight, as is time, and so it's been hard to work out. I'm praying we get to go soon, though. I can't handle not seeing my favorite dwarves for much longer (especially Fili). ;))

av by dot

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 20, 2012 8:43 pm
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

I'm going to see the Hobbit tomorrow (Jan. 12th) with some other NarniaWebbers. The info is below if anyone in the area would like to join us. Please PM me if you will be there.

Regal 20
6420 Camden Ave North
Minneapolis, MN 55430
2D 11:50 am (meeting around 11:20).

NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 11, 2013 5:33 am
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

^ This is a 2D showing and I'm curious as to how different it looks compared to 3D.

(I also viewed it again yesterday with friends and made a few observations over in the Hobbit Movie thread about HFR vs. regular).

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 11, 2013 5:37 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

I feel a need to see it again. Wonder if I have any friends locally who haven't seen it yet?

And here's how I dressed (sorry it's blurry, poor light):

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 11, 2013 7:32 am
GlimGlum
(@glimglum)
Member Moderator

I went to see The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in 2D this past Sunday at the nearestdiscount theater. I had missed the first 25-30 minutes of the movie when I went to see it in 3D in Hollywood in December with a couple of friends. We miscalculated the horrible L.A. traffic.

Anyway, the movie looked really good in 2D and I got to see some interesting things that I had missed. B-) Also, when most movies arrive at the discount theater and have been there 3 weeks, you usually get streaks and pops and some kind of blemish in the used print. They must be using a digital print as there was not one single distortion I could detect at all.

Loyal2Tirian
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 15, 2013 10:13 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: