Share:
Notifications
Clear all

To The Theater and Back Again: Your Movie Plans

Page 1 / 2
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

With premieres come line parties, midnight viewings, costumes and sumptuous hobbit feasts. What are your plans for seeing the film? Will you go opening weekend? Do you plan to make a party out of it, complete with costumes and food? Do you want to do something, but happen to be short on ideas? Perhaps someone else might be able to inspire your creative side!

This is a place to discuss and posts your plans, preparation and progress--everything from costume creation to parties!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 22, 2012 9:37 am
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)
Member Moderator Emeritus

I don't have any plans (yet) but I'll likely see it with my brother and dad. Some friends of ours talked about seeing it together as well, which would be awesome. Just don't have anything definite yet. I'm sure I'll see it in theaters, though. I have to. ;))

av by dot

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 22, 2012 12:07 pm
shastastwin
(@shastastwin)

So far, my only plans for seeing the movie are that I will see it in theaters. ;)) I'm going to attempt to see it with my wife the same weekend as the Line Party fantasia_kitty is hosting, since we will be unable to attend that party. I'm saving up through a rewards website for a gift card so we can go see it. ;))

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration

6689 posts from forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 22, 2012 12:56 pm
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)

I just actually had a thought--when rereading the opening post, I saw the words "costume creation," which got me thinking how cool it would be to dress up for The Hobbit this year. Then I remembered my beautiful red cape stashed away in my closet. Incidentally, this is the same cape I wore when I went to go see Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader. (When I wore it to see VDT, I forgot my coat, so all I had was a paper-thin cape. In December. At night. In frigid winter weather. Oh yeah, fun times, fun times.)

Anyway, I love that old cape and I miss it. It would be great to bring it back. :)

Yep, stwin, your plan sounds similar to mine: I'm going to see it in theaters. That's all I know. :p

av by dot

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 22, 2012 3:53 pm
zlcva
(@zlcva)
NarniaWeb Nut

I hope we can see it in the theater so I don't have to hear my extremely book-purist-wife's commentary. ;)

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 22, 2012 7:30 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

I am hoping to see it in the cinema very soon after it opens, and to arrange a group booking - maybe we can have a pre- or post- Hobbit meal.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 22, 2012 7:49 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Yeah, for those of you who haven't heard already, I'm hosting a big Line Party in Wichita KS. :D Provided there are no problems with the weather, I think that we're up to just over 20 NarniaWebbers planning on coming, and a few more who are still thinking about it. :D It's open to everybody and if you're interested, let me know and I'll shoot you the nitty gritty details. :)

As far as costumes are concerned, I don't mind wearing them but I'm just not creative or skilled to come up with anything. ;)) But I know there will be at least one in attendance, probably more, who will be in costume. :) Should be fun!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 23, 2012 7:24 am
ramagut
(@ramagut)

I'll be in Wichita!!! :D I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

fk, we could all wear costumes, each being a different character! ;))

Love God, love people

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 23, 2012 12:21 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

If someone wants to provide a costume for me, I will wear it. *glances around for ceppault and his threats of turning up as Gollum* But I will be busy with other things ( ;) ) so I have no interest in adding costume creation to the list. ;))

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 23, 2012 12:23 pm
ramagut
(@ramagut)

Agreed. My to-do list is rather full as well! Of course, not in the way yours is... :P ;))

Love God, love people

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 23, 2012 12:25 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Well, my sister is planning on getting together a group from our church (probably mainly the crazy college and high school students) to go to a midnight showing. I'm undecided, since I think it's an absolutely insane idea (plus, I'll be driving later that day and because it's Winter's birthday, but she has a final that morning, so she can't stay up and see it), but I might go just to go with the group.

But, I am also planning on going to fk's Line Party. :D And it sounds like my tentative contingency will be me +5, so... (I should really talk to fk about this ;)))

As for costumes, I'd like to do something, but I really doubt I'll have time. :( But we had such fun when we went and saw LotR in costumes, so maybe I'll try. ;))

Death is swallowed up in victory.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 23, 2012 4:36 pm
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Did someone mention a sumptuous hobbit feast? :) ;)

I too am planning on attending fantasia's line party in Kansas; hopefully there won't be blizzards like the ones for VDT.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 23, 2012 4:46 pm
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

I too hope to turn up in Kansas. :)

My current plans are to go see the midnight showing with my "little sisters" and friends, and then go promptly to the airport to catch a flight in time to be picked up by some lovely people and then head to FK's place. Next, I plan to sleep for a very long time, or else turn into a zombie.

I plan on doing some sort of costume, but I'm a bit out of ideas, ironically enough. Never thought that would happen. ;))

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 24, 2012 6:27 pm
ramagut
(@ramagut)

Sleep on the plane, LA!! You're not going to get any sleep in KS!!!! =))

Love God, love people

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 25, 2012 2:42 am
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, don't you REMEMBER what it was like last summer? I seem to recall being the party pooper and shushing all the kids up at an ungodly hour of night/morning. ;)

I had planned to attend the Kansas NWeb moot but due to work constraints, I'll be staying home. :( Hopefully I'll get to the midnight showing; if not I'll be going to the first available showing that I can get to.

Not planning on dressing up, although I may have to change my mind once Hobbit II or III comes around...I heard that Tauriel is a red-headed elf, and it's really hard to pass that up. ;))

Spareoom.net

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 25, 2012 1:23 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: