Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Reprinting for the Narnia Cookbook Petition

Page 3 / 8
ramagut
(@ramagut)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Add me, please! I would love to have a copy of it! I have a friend that has a copy of the original and it's a great book! :D

EDIT: I have been wanting this book for a long time, but would never buy it. Seeing this thread made me want it even more. So, after searching the internet for a while, I found a used copy for $20.00 (including shipping). If you look around the net, it's amazing what you can find! (Unfortunately, it was the only one. The next price up was $130!) I saw one that was $1000!!!! :-o

Love God, love people

Posted : July 14, 2010 2:51 pm
Silver the Wanderer
(@silver-the-wanderer)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Oooh! Looks pretty! :D But I agree with Lady Courage, I think it needs more names... :-

Av and Sig by Aravis Autarkeia

Posted : July 14, 2010 3:22 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

may I copy your idea (or was it Meltintalle's?) and make some graphics for signing the petition? :D

I think DiGs and I had the idea at about the same time. Great minds and all that. ;)) Go for it! :D

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

Posted : July 14, 2010 3:32 pm
Lady Courage
(@lady-courage)
NarniaWeb Guru

lol OK Mel, thanks! lol

Sig by me | Av by Ithilwen
There is no such thing as a Painless Lesson

Posted : July 14, 2010 3:39 pm
Aslanisthebest
(@aslanisthebest)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Add me, please! :) I get the book often from the library, but never knew it was out of print... that explaines why it says $16.99 on the book and some triple-digit number on Amazon. ;))
(CSLewisNarnia won't be coming on the boards recently, so could I request to add her name on it on her behalf? :) )
I'd love to see "The Narnia Cookbook" reprinted!

RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia

Posted : July 14, 2010 4:31 pm
Alyosha
(@alyosha)
NarniaWeb Nut

*wonders how long it will be until wisewoman appears to wield her red pen* :P

--The main reason that I'm writing, < --out of the price range for me <

It sounds a little odd to keep switching between singular and plural, unless we have one main "speaker" and then a separate list of names below. Also there are some places where it could be tightened/unnecessary words cut but that's fairly minor. [/pedantic-ness]

We could get a lot more names if we posted it on The Lion's Call, NarniaFans, Into the Wardrobe, and IMDb (and all the others I've forgotten) so maybe we don't want it to be so NW-specific? Just an idea.

Anyhow. Looks good! Thanks for doing that, DiGs. Add my name to the list. :D

signature by Starsy

Posted : July 14, 2010 8:07 pm
ramagut
(@ramagut)
Member Moderator Emeritus

We could get a lot more names if we posted it on The Lion's Call, NarniaFans, Into the Wardrobe, and IMDb (and all the others I've forgotten) so maybe we don't want it to be so NW-specific? Just an idea.

I think that's a great idea! Mr. Gresham likes when all of the sites come together for a common good.

Love God, love people

Posted : July 14, 2010 8:37 pm
ElfMaidenArcheroRivendell
(@elfmaidenarcherorivendell)
NarniaWeb Nut

Hi, guys, sorry, that I haven't been around for so long! Thank you so much DiGoRyKiRkE, for already composing the petition! I am really grateful for your help, and to everybody's support! It's really amazing! Please, do ask your fellow NW friends to sign! I do have a little question, though. DiGo, would it be a good idea to also put our real names (like pm them to you, just don't share them with anyone else, except for Mr. Gresham), say for example, this would be mine: ElfMaidenArcheroRivendell
(real first name & last name) or
(First name & last name initial)

Because it is kind of funny, just to put fake names, and Mr. Gresham might question that. We could give people the option whether to put their last name or not, like especially for kids under 13. Well, I must go now. I'm very busy this week, sadly, so keep up the good work! I will check this place out often, though. Thanks, again everybody!
P.S. I agree with Alyosha. I was thinking about promoting the petition on those other Narnia fan sites. Well, I'm going to edit the topic intro soon.
@DiGoRyKiRkE & Meltintalle: I really like your petition sigs! Can I have one, too! Except I would like to use this picture: http://www.spareoom.net/gallery/?level=picture&id=224. Not the one on the site, just the same one that it says do not hotlink. Thanks. :D

-(Tom Hiddleston (2012), Kenneth Branagh (1989) & Laurence Olivier (1944) as Henry V)

sig: Narnian_Archer
avy:campgirl
King Caspian X fan and supporter of Lillian

Topic starter Posted : July 15, 2010 12:30 am
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

ElfMaiden, here is a signature image using the picture you requested.

If you paste the following into your signature, it will become a clickable image. :)

[url=http://www.narniaweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1547][IMG]http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL949/3370370/22447469/389723420.jpg[/IMG][/url]

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

Posted : July 15, 2010 4:03 am
NarniaWeb Nut

Thanks Meltintalle! I really like it! And that was fast, too! There is only one tiny problem with it... The cookbook is called "The Narnia Cookbook" not the "Narnian Cookbook". It's ok, just wanted to let you know. I think you just have to remove the "n" from Narnian. Sorry, I don't know how to make graphics, & I don't have the computer tools, etc. on my dad's computer.

-(Tom Hiddleston (2012), Kenneth Branagh (1989) & Laurence Olivier (1944) as Henry V)

Topic starter Posted : July 15, 2010 4:38 am
pickle
(@pickle)
NarniaWeb Nut

Add me in!!! :D :D

Proud supporter of Blarghefur!

thanks for the avy and sig, Eustace+Jill!

Posted : July 15, 2010 12:01 pm
NarniaWeb Nut

Thanks Meltintalle for correcting the sig! By the way, I like the font. Very pretty.

pickle: Don't worry, DiGo will make sure you're added. :D ;)

P.S. I edited the topic intro, everyone!

Topic starter Posted : July 15, 2010 7:17 pm
lover of narnia
(@lover-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

Hello! :D I'd love to sign the petition! It would be great to own a copy of the Narnia cookbook without having to pay a fortune for one. My Mom is a great cook and being able to eat 'Narnian' foods wold be delightful! :)

ADD ME IN! :D :D

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6

Posted : July 16, 2010 2:44 am
NarniaWeb Nut

Hi lover of narnia! The letter is almost finished being written. DiGoRyKiRkE did it! :D So all you have to do is support for now. Ask your friends, too. :) Cooking literary foods, especially with your mom, or friend is sooo much fun! And eating, too! Hopefully, Mr. G. will say yes! Thanks, again.

Topic starter Posted : July 16, 2010 6:31 am
lover of narnia
(@lover-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

Does that mean my name will be added?

I'm so glad it's getting written!! :D I also hope Mr. G will say yes! I'll be sure to support it and tell my friends! Your welcome. :)

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6

Posted : July 16, 2010 6:50 am
Page 3 / 8
Share: