Notifications
Clear all

Narnia Characters That Could Be Expanded On

Page 2 / 2
DaughterOfTheStar
(@daughterofthestar)
NarniaWeb Regular
Posted by: @jasmine_tarkheena

Isn't this going to be an interesting discussion, about what characters that could be expanded on- give us notion of what we already know and somehow have it flesh out?

In HHB, they could possibly do more with the Pevensies and in LB, they could possibly do more with the Seven Friends of Narnia.

That has been something I was thing about as well. As a writer I’m very open to exploring the possibilities on this subject and it is so much fun. Dancing  

We could have a scene of Edmund and Peter digging up the old rings from Magician’s Nephew. Would love to see a friendship between Lucy and Jill. I don’t think we would be getting any scenes of the Pevensie’s once Jill and Eustace are in Narnia because… well we all know. Sad  

Avatar Credit to Narnia Aesthetic on Tumblr.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 4, 2024 7:37 pm
Courtenay liked
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

I'd love to see the Friends of Narnia getting woven into the ongoing story even earlier than LB, since it's implied they must have been getting together regularly since a fair while before the final story takes place. My "head canon" for this one is that during the events of VDT, Peter, who was staying with the Professor to be tutored by him in preparation for university, got to talking with the Professor, and told him how the four siblings got into Narnia again (in PC). The Professor in turn may have told Peter at least a little of his own story — as Digory in MN, of course — and encouraged him to bring Susan and Edmund and Lucy to see him again some time, and he'll introduce them to his dear friend Miss Plummer as well...

So when the Pevensies are together again, Lucy and Edmund have wonderful news — they've been to Narnia again, and Eustace went with them! — and Peter shares the Professor's invitation to get together... and Susan, back from her trip to America with their parents, is already looking uncomfortable at any mention of Narnia... (We know she must have gone along to at least some of the Friends of Narnia meetings, because Polly obviously knows Susan well enough to make the comments she does in LB, but it would be good if the films could show a little more of Susan increasingly pulling away, so her rejection of Narnia doesn't come across as such an abrupt revelation as it does in the book.)

I'd love for the films to include some of these "in between" scenes of the Friends getting together, so that we get a sense of the continuity going on in this world between those main characters — not just in LB, but from VDT onwards. Mind you, that would probably work better if the stories were each adapted as multi-episode serials, rather than as individual movies, but it's a thought. 

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 4, 2024 9:03 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

@courtenay why are you not helping Greta write scripts!? I really like your ideas.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 4, 2024 11:53 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee
Posted by: @coracle

@courtenay why are you not helping Greta write scripts!? I really like your ideas.

Ah, well, how do you know I'm not helping Greta write scripts, since, as you pointed out recently in another discussion, everyone involved in these things will be sworn to secrecy...??? Grin Grin Grin Giggle Giggle Giggle

(No, only kidding, seriously. Like probably most people here, I'd love to have some kind of input into the next screen adaptation of Narnia, but the opportunity has never come my way!) 

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 5, 2024 12:25 am
DaughterOfTheStar
(@daughterofthestar)
NarniaWeb Regular

@courtenay Those are good ideas. I can see that being in episodes before I saw you mention it. It's worth it for the film team to look into. I'd love to see some of Susan's involvement in it as well. Applause Applause Applause  

Avatar Credit to Narnia Aesthetic on Tumblr.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 5, 2024 12:13 pm
Courtenay liked
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

Well, I think that VDT is a pretty episodic book anyways. So if they're still on the route of Movies and Series, VDT may likely be a series.

Edmund and Lucy could be saying goodbye to their parents and Susan as they set off to America, then they say goodbye to Peter who goes to the Professor. We could see a bit of Peter with the Professor and a bit of Susan in America.

Then in LB (don't know if it will be a series or a movie or even a two-part movie), the Seven Friends of Narnia could be gathering together. Maybe even Polly, Lucy, and Jill could try to talk to Susan into coming, then she says, "What memories you have! You're still thinking of those games we used to play when we were children!"

HHB could even do some more with the Pevensies. The LOTR Film Trilogy moved the scene with Shelob from The Two Towers to The Return of the King, most likely to give Frodo and Sam more to do. In HHB, perhaps having Rabadash visit Cair Paravel where he seems like a nice guy. When Susan and Edmund visit Tashbaan, Edmund speaks with Rabadash, and his true nature is revealed. It would make a plot twist!

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 5, 2024 6:07 pm
Courtenay liked
Page 2 / 2
Share: