Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Reprinting for the Narnia Cookbook Petition

Page 8 / 8
ElfMaidenArcheroRivendell
(@elfmaidenarcherorivendell)
NarniaWeb Nut

Hullo! Haven't been here in like a year and I felt like that I needed to update! The signing is over and I suppose there will be no reprinting according to Mr.Gresham... :(
I recently found some used ones on amazon for $70 average.

-(Tom Hiddleston (2012), Kenneth Branagh (1989) & Laurence Olivier (1944) as Henry V)

sig: Narnian_Archer
avy:campgirl
King Caspian X fan and supporter of Lillian

Topic starter Posted : September 8, 2011 10:15 am
wisewoman
(@wisewoman)
Member Moderator Emeritus

I live in hope that it will pop up on my used book swap sites one of these days. It doesn't hurt to hope ;))

"It is God who gives happiness; for he is the true wealth of men's souls." — Augustine

Posted : September 8, 2011 2:17 pm
Reepi
(@reepi)
NarniaWeb Nut

So, the response from Doug was more than a year ago... Still no new word on the app or anything?

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/9971/ymwz.jpg

Posted : September 9, 2011 3:50 pm
NarniaWeb Nut

@ wisewoman: Yes, it never does hurt to hope! You know if I had my own publishing company I'd definitely reprint it! *sigh, wishful thinking ;) *

@Reepi Sadly there is no word on any supposed app. Haven't heard anything. I wish they'd make an ebook, kindle, ibooks, or nook version!

-(Tom Hiddleston (2012), Kenneth Branagh (1989) & Laurence Olivier (1944) as Henry V)

Topic starter Posted : September 10, 2011 8:25 am
Aslans_Jewel
(@aslans_jewel)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Im sure a Hard copy would be much better, considering you could turn around and sell it sometime ;) I have a hard copy, and its in perfect condition! :D I havent used it for anything yet, but its still awesome.

no longer active. every once in a while ill pop back for the memories. good to see a few recognizable names 🙂

Posted : November 30, 2011 10:49 am
narnialuver
(@narnialuver)
NarniaWeb Nut

An app would be great! An eBook would be better! there is going to be an Unofficial Narnia Cookbook yay!! it will be released on November 1, 2012.
for only $13.49 and $ 9.99 for Kindle Edition!

Link:
http://www.amazon.com/Unofficial-Narnia-Cookbook-Gooseberry-Chronicles/dp/1402266413/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1343320680&sr=1-1&keywords=the+unofficial+narnia

The Hobbit in theaters: 14 December 2012

Posted : July 26, 2012 6:48 am
Hermitess of Narnia
(@hermitess-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Regular

I hope they do republish the official Narnia Cookbook, both in print form and in electronic forms. I wonder why they didn't do it back in 2005 to coincide with the movie?

At one time, I was able to borrow it from a collection. It is the best cookbook I have ever seen, even though I am not a chef so I wouldn't be the best judge in cookbooks. Each recipe begins with a recollection of the part of the Chronicles of Narnia the food was mentioned in, usually with an accompanying color picture from Pauline Baynes' original artwork. The book is further divided into sections based on food categories with delightful introductions. At the end of the book is a sample menu plan.

Another very beautiful Narnian book is The Book of Narnians, a book containing descriptions of most of the characters and PAINTINGS by Pauline Baynes. The paintings are wonderful and I hope they will be published in some format so people won't forget about them.

All in all, I'd rather see a reprint of the Narnian cookbook.

Narnia Comics: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5560

Posted : August 25, 2012 7:16 am
NarniaWeb Nut

Rejoice all ye NarniaWebbers!
In a few months, Douglas Gresham's The Narnia Cookbook will be on sale for a low price!!! I had just found out a few days ago, whilst searching random cookbooks, that the cookbook that we've all been dying for will be available in the Kindle store for only $7.99 starting February 5, 2013!!! Now, that may not be as awesome as a reprint, but hey, it is definitely worth better than buying it for $80+. Our petition has been answered! (Well, sort of.) :D :D :D
You can pre-order your kindle book here: http://www.amazon.com/The-Narnia-Cookbook-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B008LV1UZE/ref=tmm_kin_title_0

Topic starter Posted : September 27, 2012 1:54 pm
narnialuver
(@narnialuver)
NarniaWeb Nut

Wow that's great! I do not have a Kindle though :(

Posted : October 7, 2012 11:38 am
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

narnialuver, you can get the Kindle app on your computer desktop (or other similar device). :)

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

Posted : October 8, 2012 5:02 am
narnialuver
(@narnialuver)
NarniaWeb Nut

Yeah I know. That almost just as good if not better! I need a Kindle anyway, So I will just buy one(when I scrounge up some money)

Posted : October 8, 2012 6:57 am
Reepi
(@reepi)
NarniaWeb Nut

Interestingly the soon to be released e-book version has been updated with additional recipes!

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/9971/ymwz.jpg

Posted : August 30, 2013 10:22 pm
Page 8 / 8
Share: