Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Ideas For Opening Credits For Each Narnia Movie

Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

You may be wondering what the opening credits will be like for each Narnia movie. We sure can share some ideas. The first two Walden movies took their time on it (the Pevensies on the train in The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe and Caspian fleeing in Prince Caspian). It had the names of the production company, the distributor, the film title, the cast and production team. I was actually kind of sad that the opening credits in Walden's The Voyage of the Dawn Treader wasn't long enough (though I did like the Pauline Baynes illustrations at the end credits. We can have another discussion on ideas for end credits).

It would be idea to have somewhat lengthy opening credits- with name of the production company, the distributor, the film title, names of the cast and crew. There doesn't have to be any dialogue. That was also one things I've liked about the first two Walden Narnia movies, that there was no dialogue during the opening credits.

Do you have any ideas on for the opening credits for each Narnia movie?

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 4, 2023 5:55 pm
Crunchy-P
(@queencrunchytheweeb)
NarniaWeb Regular

Maybe for VDT instead of the Edmund attempting to enlist in the army scene, show when they arrive at the Scrubb's house and maybe show a bit more of Eustace to set up his character (I know Walden also did expand on Eustace a little but maybe an extra minute of him before the painting scene could work).

"Have a Narnian Day!" (ナルニアの日を過ごしましょう!)

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 11, 2023 7:40 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

@queencrunchytheweeb 

There's an idea. It could set up Eustace's character a bit more. We can hear Edmund and Lucy talking about their time in Narnia and how they feel about having to stay with Eustace during the holiday.

I was also kind of thinking for VDT is show Caspian and his crew getting ready to set sail. Then the opening credits could be where they're on board ship from Cair Paravel (rebuilt, of course) to the Island of Galma.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 11, 2023 7:46 pm
Share: