Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Narnia Stage Adaptations

Page 4 / 4
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

@queencrunchytheweeb without asking you where you live, here is the website to find out where the Logos shows will be.

https://theacademyofarts.org/logos-theatre-on-tour/

(They are based at their Academy & Theatre in South Carolina, but have been 'on tour' while renovations and improvements are done there. This has allowed thousands of other people to see their work - which is very high standard)

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 12, 2023 2:21 am
Crunchy-P
(@queencrunchytheweeb)
NarniaWeb Regular

Nope. No shows in my area yet.

"Have a Narnian Day!" (ナルニアの日を過ごしましょう!)

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 12, 2023 9:36 am
littlgriz
(@tina-cat-moma)
NarniaWeb Regular

My dear friends. I went to see the lion and the witch and the wardrobe 

in my home town. It was ok but cud have bin better 

love d the songs. 

in aslans paws have a good day

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 3, 2023 6:22 pm
coracle
(@coracle)

If you've ever wondered what happens if an actor can't go on stage because of sickness, here's an extreme example of the Logos Theatre having to do a lot of swapping around actors recently when more than one person was sick.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 3, 2023 11:10 pm
Narnian78 liked
littlgriz
(@tina-cat-moma)
NarniaWeb Regular

Thanks dear heart

in aslans paws have a good day

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 4, 2023 2:44 pm
coracle
(@coracle)

The Logos Theatre is taking its show of Prince Caspian to Washington DC (The Museum of the Bible), for March and April (1 March - 27 April) 2024.

This will be the third time they have staged it; the most recent one was 2020-2021 (two seasons), and I assume this is the same production, with the Telmarines looking like dark Vikings!

Definitely worth seeing, and if I could work miracles I would fly over to see it!

Update : Artistic Director, Nicole Chavers Stratton,  has posted this comment:

"Caspian is about to take DC by storm!! With a completely new set, cast, crew and costumes this show will NOT disappoint!! Get your tickets because I have a feeling they won’t last long!!"

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 31, 2023 4:37 pm
Courtenay liked
coracle
(@coracle)

Logos Theatre has just announced the Pevensie family actors for PC in DC. Edmund and Susan are being played by the two who have been playing Shasta and Aravis in HHB. (The Shasta hairstyle will be gone by then) I'm told that the girl playing Lucy also played her in PC two years ago.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 25, 2023 8:38 pm
Crunchy-P
(@queencrunchytheweeb)
NarniaWeb Regular

New Logos Show on the way! Wink  

The Horse and His Boy Coming to The Ark Encounter in Kentucky!

Tickets: The Horse and His Boy | Ark Encounter

"Have a Narnian Day!" (ナルニアの日を過ごしましょう!)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 11, 2023 4:50 pm
coracle liked
coracle
(@coracle)

You may like to read this review by Ken Ham (a well known name in Bible teaching)

Mally and I and some of our family went to see the production of The Horse and His Boy on stage in the Answers Center at the Ark Encounter. It was stunning, spectacular, amazing, and phenomenal—I can’t use enough adjectives to describe it.
1. Quality was outstanding, as good or better than any Broadway production but wholesome;
2. Actors were extremely professional and their diction so clear;
3. Costumes were fantastic;
4. Sets were incredible;
5. This story from the Chronicles of Narnia really came to life in a way that far exceeded our expectations;
6. Our grandkids from very young upwards were glued from the start of this 3-hour production;
7. What a joy to see such a high-quality production that was God honoring, family friendly, and so wholesome. You didn’t have to worry at all about what your children would see or hear;
8. The symbolism from the story certainly portrayed Scriptural truths in a unique way;
9. The puppets were extraordinary. I’ve never seen anything like this. And the puppeteers were so awesome.
I can’t recommend this program enough.
We had the opportunity to interact with some of the puppets before the doors opened. The puppeteers were magnificent. See the short video.
There still are four more opportunities to see this outstanding production of The Horse and His Boy at the Ark Encounter. For more information: ArkEncounter.com/narnia

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2024 10:24 pm
Col Klink liked
coracle
(@coracle)

The Logos Theatre now has its production of Prince Caspian on stage at the Museum of the Bible, Washington DC.

It is an upgraded, more remarkable production than before (you may have seen it in 2020 or earlier), and is well worth making an effort to get to see. 

This link takes you to a local TV report on it.

https://wjla.com/good-morning-washington/world-stage-theater-brings-prince-caspian-to-washington-dc-at-the-musuem-of-the-bible-performance-and-entertainment

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 28, 2024 3:21 am
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

I went to see Max McLean as C. S. Lewis last year, but unfortunately recently there hasn’t been any Narnia stage plays in my area.  We do have some good theaters in my area. In fact there is a college theater which has a summer repertory with professional actors so maybe someday a play will be given based on the Narnia books. I kind of wish there was more in my area of that kind of entertainment.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 28, 2024 4:31 am
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

Here's a stage production of LWW. They actually had a screen in the background that changed the scenery each time.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 5, 2024 8:15 pm
Arwen_Daeneri31
(@arwen_daeneri31)
NarniaWeb Nut

That's amazing and very creative. 

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Arwen_Daeneri31

It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.
–C.S. Lewis

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 6, 2024 9:11 am
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

@arwen_daeneri31 

Yes! I also like how they had adults to play the older Pevensies near the end. It's actually kind of nice to have both kids and adults involved in stage productions, especially for Narnia.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 6, 2024 12:01 pm
Arwen_Daeneri31
(@arwen_daeneri31)
NarniaWeb Nut

@jasmine_tarkheena I agree, its pretty cool to see both kids and adults involved. I may watch this again, thank you for sharing this.

It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.
–C.S. Lewis

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 7, 2024 11:36 am
Page 4 / 4
Share: