Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Reepicheep's voice

jo_yan
(@jo_yan)
NarniaWeb Regular

I really liked Reep in PC and I thought Eddie did a nice job voicing Reepicheep, so I was a little disappointed and worried when he was replaced, not once but twice. I have never watched anything of Eddie's other than PC but I have watched Simon Pegg in other movies before so I thought he would do fine and I was really glad that my expectation was met. While I was able to tell a slight difference between the voices, it really wasn't that obvious. IMO, Pegg's performance was true to both the book's Reepicheep and Izzard's characterization.

Who do you prefer? Ultimately, what do you think about the replacement?

Topic starter Posted : December 30, 2010 2:05 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

I voted I like both equally because I love both of the versions! though Simon Pegg's version made me laugh more :D

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : December 30, 2010 4:48 am
Shastafan
(@shastafan)
NarniaWeb Guru

I also voted that I liked (and loved) both of them equally. Each one added something to Reepicheep. Eddie gave Reepicheep a confident, courageous feel, while Simon gave Reepicheep a softer yet more caring feel. Overall, I think both did great! :D

Narnia Avatars and Siggies

Posted : December 30, 2010 6:21 am
moo25
(@moo25)
NarniaWeb Regular

Ooft, I can't choose between the two! Recently I watched Prince Caspian again, and I loved Eddie Izzard as Reepicheep, but then I watched Dawn Treader and I loved Simon Pegg as Reep as well! They both capture him wonderfully, and their voices are similar enough it doesn't disrupt Reep's character. To me, that was all that realy mattered when I heard about the recasting.

I stand with the Lord at my side, always.
For Narnia and the North!
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Posted : December 30, 2010 6:36 am
ChristProclamer
(@christproclamer)
NarniaWeb Nut

Is there a neither option?

I didn't really like Izzard because his portrayal had no honour. He was just a crazy killer mouse. While Izzard nailed the comedic aspects of Reepicheep, he really missed out on the big picture.

That said, I missed him greatly when I heard Pegg's voice work. Pegg regained some of the honour in Reep, but his portrayal kept Reep sounding like a cartoon or a caricature of himself. :(

That said, though, I think a lot of the portrayal comes down to the script and not only the actor.

Posted : December 30, 2010 8:36 am
jo_yan
(@jo_yan)
NarniaWeb Regular

oops... I updated the poll to include the "neither" option but then all the votes that were casted before got lost :-s I am sorry but I would really appreciate it if people who have casted vote before could recast their vote

Topic starter Posted : December 30, 2010 2:09 pm
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

I thought Eddie Izzard in PC was better, because it was Reep's voice to me, and I did notice the difference as the movie wore on (funny, you'd think I'd notice it then it fade away, but it happened the opposite way). Nothing against Simon Pegg's, but to me it wasn't Reepicheep. And that bugged me as I watched the film. :(

Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!

Posted : December 30, 2010 2:35 pm
Fire Fairy
(@fire-fairy)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I think I liked both equally. Izzard did a good job with it, and I loved how he gave Reep a more masculine and deeper voice than what one would usually picture for a mouse, which really added to Reep's character. Pegg kept that characterization, and added a bit more sentimental side to him. I actually liked the difference, because that way it seems that Reep has changed in the three years between the movies, in a way that he is more ready for his journey to Aslan's Country.

Member of the Dragon Lovers Club. PM FrecklefaceJill to join.

Posted : December 30, 2010 2:53 pm
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

Oh yeah, Simon Pegg's did seem better for the tender Eustace moments...well, ok, I'll get used to it eventually I'm sure. Better start by seeing it for time #2 (which we may be doing soon!) :)

Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!

Posted : December 30, 2010 2:55 pm
aslanscountry
(@aslanscountry)
NarniaWeb Nut

Simon Pegg all the way. It's just the way I imagined Reepichep in the book. The PC Reepichep with Eddie Izzard's voice is just too...pompous and cartoon-ish for my liking.

You'll come back when they call you
No need to say goodbye

Posted : December 30, 2010 3:04 pm
Valiant
(@valiant)
NarniaWeb Guru

I prefered Eddie Izzard, but maybe that's beacuse I heard his first. However, Simon Pegg played a calmer version of Reepicheep which I think was better suited for VDT while Eddie Izzard used a more fiesty voice which was better suited in PC.

Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic

Posted : December 30, 2010 3:40 pm
greenbird37
(@greenbird37)
NarniaWeb Nut

Loved Eddie Izzard as the best voice for Repicheep....it justs fits is character, but Simon Pegg did an excellent performance as well Guess its both in their own unique way!

"We have nothing if not belief"

Posted : December 30, 2010 4:32 pm
Share: