Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] How old should the other "kids" be?

Page 1 / 2
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

Since the Pevensies and Eustace are teenagers instead of children, how should they do the others in the series? (Polly, Digory, Aravis, Cor...) Continue the trend, or stay true to the books?

I have mixed feelings; it's be cool to see some "real children", like in the books. Of course, with teenagers you get an added sense of realism (as far as them fighting adults and winning, etc.) and you can add more adventure, in my opinion. So all-in-all I'd have to say teenagers. :)

Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!

Topic starter Posted : December 30, 2010 1:56 pm
outlier
(@outlier)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Hmmmm I think that the kids should be somewhere in the pre-teen age in general... But it should vary with each film... I always pictured that Polly and Digory should be on the younger side, leaning more towards children, but for Aravis and Cor they should be like young teens/pre-teens

Signature by Tarkheena, Avatar by Ithilwen
Sneaky Ninja of the Lurkers Club

Posted : December 30, 2010 2:08 pm
Shastafan
(@shastafan)
NarniaWeb Guru

I'd say around inbetween too. All four should be around the age that's been figured out for them. I can't quite remember what they are, but I think Digory's 12, Polly's 11, and both Shasta and Aravis are either 12 or 13. If they could keep near those ages, I'll be very pleased! ;)

And I don't think we can say everyone so far (meaning Eustace and the Pevensies) were teenager-aged. By VDT, If Lucy was 11 and Edmund was 14, and Eustace is supposed to be younger, he'd be around 10. Then, Susan'd be 16, and Peter 17 ( :-o ). I might be wrong (someone reason for me or against me if you like), but those I think are what the movie ages were. Jill also should be Eustace's age (whatever that'll be in SC). So I wouldn't quite say they're all teenagers, but most of them are close to that. :)

Narnia Avatars and Siggies

Posted : December 30, 2010 3:49 pm
georgiefan1
(@georgiefan1)
NarniaWeb Guru

I put kids before I noticed the somewhere in between and I wish I coulda picked that.

really in LWW Georgie was a kid when she was cast, then she just...grew up. In LWW they were all good ages but they just got older

NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!

Posted : December 30, 2010 4:34 pm
mayahabee
(@mayahabee)
NarniaWeb Regular

Technically, not older than the ones in the book, obviously. Truth be told, I don't really mind. Kids are alright, teenagers are also alright, and somewhere in between is alright too. But I voted "somewhere in between".

Well, it's not like the actors will look their age anyway. If you know what I mean.

Posted : December 30, 2010 8:32 pm
Radagast of Mirkwood
(@radagast-of-mirkwood)
NarniaWeb Regular

I would expect Shasta and Aravis to be near Edmund and Lucy’s age in the Prince Caspian Movie. Digory and Polly I imagine being younger, probably Edmund’s age in the LWW.

Protector of the Birds and Beasts of Middle Earth.

Posted : December 31, 2010 6:04 am
aragorn2
(@aragorn2)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I voted somewhere in between, since Cor should be around Ed's age in LWW so he can be useless in a battle, and Aravis should be around the same age.
Digory and Polly I think should be around 12 or 13 just to make it believable.
But Jill should be around 15 or 16 so she can be the around the same age as Eustace.

Posted : December 31, 2010 3:50 pm
Valiant
(@valiant)
NarniaWeb Guru

Well Jill has to be around Eustace's age. Aravis and Cor won't be a big issue because they only appear in one film (not counting LB.) we won't have to worry about the actors getting old. I would say teen for them and preteen for Digory and Polly.

Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic

Posted : December 31, 2010 4:01 pm
MagicApple
(@magicapple)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I always imagined Digory and Polly around 10 years old. Aravis and Cor around 13 - 15, mostly since Lucy and Aravis become friends in the end and it seemed a little odd to me if there was more than a 4-5 year age gap.

Posted : January 1, 2011 8:31 am
JillPoleFan565
(@jillpolefan565)
NarniaWeb Nut

Well since eustace is a teenager in the film they obviously have to make jill a teenager but i think they should make polly and digory pre-teens.

watch me on youtube doing narnia monologues
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnnabananagirl

Posted : January 1, 2011 12:50 pm
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

This seems to be a recurrent trend! :)

Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!

Topic starter Posted : January 1, 2011 12:57 pm
outlier
(@outlier)
NarniaWeb Junkie

^yeah

*hint, hint* movie maker people ;)

Signature by Tarkheena, Avatar by Ithilwen
Sneaky Ninja of the Lurkers Club

Posted : January 1, 2011 2:01 pm
Jill
 Jill
(@jill)
NarniaWeb Nut

I've voted other because I think all the kids need to be different ages and also it doesn't really matter how old you really are it's how old you act.

I would say Jill would be early teens 15 max and she'd have to be young for her age.

Diggory and Polly should be between 9 and 11 I think Diggory probably a bit older than Polly.

Aravis and Shasta/Cor should be around 13 I would say, I have always thought of Aravis like a roman girl and they often married at 12-14. Cor should perhaps be slighty younger than Aravis but certainly much more childish she is very much pushing to be in charge.

Comfort child we are between the paws of the true Aslan.- King Tirian

If this is the real world the the play world a great deal better- Puddleglum

Posted : January 5, 2011 9:41 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

The MN children need to be children, because they do behave like children.

The HHB children need to be just at the start of their teens - playing as 13/14 and no more. The younger they look the better, definitely no womanly shape for Aravis, and an unbroken voice for Shasta.

Jill doesn't have to be as old as Eustace. I'd love to see her played as 13/14 and Eustace as 15 in SC. Will has grown a lot taller now, but we still accepted "tall Edmund" as being somewhere between 14 and 17 in the last two - some boys of 14/15 are very lanky.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : January 5, 2011 10:02 am
perfect_jill_pole
(@perfect_jill_pole)
NarniaWeb Regular

I think it doesnt matter ( so much ) the age. What matters is the acting and how mature the kid/teens are. Like they can cast a 1213 year old for Jill, but she can look like she is more, because of how mature she is.

HELP SAVE SILVER CHAIR! WATCH VDT!

Posted : January 6, 2011 4:03 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: