Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Characters you like more in the movie than in the book

Page 1 / 2
aslanscountry
(@aslanscountry)
NarniaWeb Nut

Sometimes changes are good...like how they make Caspian less tantrum-y in the movie. I wonder whether there're characters that you don't really like in the book and yet you find more endearing in the movie? Regardless of acting, faithful adaptation etc :)

p.s: this is for VoDT only...sorry I didn't specify that before.

You'll come back when they call you
No need to say goodbye

Topic starter Posted : January 2, 2011 4:28 pm
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Miraz was better-developed.

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

Posted : January 2, 2011 5:12 pm
georgiefan1
(@georgiefan1)
NarniaWeb Guru

I liked Eustace way better in the movie than in the book! he was so funny!!!

NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!

Posted : January 2, 2011 5:15 pm
Aravis Narnia
(@aravis-narnia)
NarniaWeb Nut

Lilliandil got a name and more development.

Posted : January 3, 2011 1:07 am
eustacegirl
(@eustacegirl)
NarniaWeb Guru

I liked Lucy in the book, but I like her a lot mor ein the movie. They gave her more depth. She is my third favorite. I loved Eustace and Edmund but they were already second and first favorites. I liked Caspian better in the movie because of the storyline they gave him. He is more forgiving in the movie and less tantrum like.

My book on Amazon Kindle
http://www.amazon.com/Crowded-Deep-Rive ... 572&sr=8-1

Posted : January 3, 2011 1:58 am
moo25
(@moo25)
NarniaWeb Regular

Caspian, because he didn't throw a tantrum. I found it impossible to like Edmund more than in the book because of how whiney he was portrayed. Silly script writers. Eustace was true to the book, Lucy again got some ridiculous lines, and Aslan didn't show up enough. That's my two cents anyways ;)

I stand with the Lord at my side, always.
For Narnia and the North!
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Posted : January 3, 2011 4:55 am
StarAsterisk
(@starasterisk)
NarniaWeb Nut

I liked Edmund in the book better by far. He really stood out to me in the VDT book, but in the movie he was still dealing with the White Witch's temptation and was griping about Peter always being older and more important. I REALLY liked Edmund in the book but in the movie he was still quite flawed and seemingly had lost some likeablness that was there before.

signature by Beginte

Posted : January 4, 2011 5:28 am
Josh
 Josh
(@josh)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I liked Caspian better in the VotDT movie than iin the Voyage of the Dawn Treader book. Though in Prince Caspian I liked his book version better.

I also like movie-Peter better than book Peter. More...dynamic.

Winter Is Coming

Posted : January 4, 2011 12:23 pm
Radagast of Mirkwood
(@radagast-of-mirkwood)
NarniaWeb Regular

I agree, and also Gozelle and Sopespian. The Added Telmerine Scenes were my favorite addition to Prince Caspian. I loved how they expanded on the characters while remaining true to the book.

Protector of the Birds and Beasts of Middle Earth.

Posted : January 5, 2011 11:26 am
aragorn2
(@aragorn2)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:

I really liked Miraz, even more then I did the WW.

I liked Ed much more in PC then I did in the book, not that I didn't like him but the movie developed him more in a way which the books never did.
I also liked Aslan better in the movie then in the books (ducks rotten tomatoes), I guess it's Liam Neeson's voice that makes me like him so much.

Posted : January 5, 2011 4:03 pm
Jill
 Jill
(@jill)
NarniaWeb Nut

I voted Euctace and Reepichep I loved the sword fighting scene and also the part where Eustace couldn't sleep (as a dragon) and Reepichep kept him company. I suppose they complemented each others acting. Eustace made me laugh in the film, =)) in the book he was really just an annoying objectionable boy before he was turned into a dragon.

Comfort child we are between the paws of the true Aslan.- King Tirian

If this is the real world the the play world a great deal better- Puddleglum

Posted : January 6, 2011 12:13 am
stateofgreen
(@stateofgreen)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I liked Eustace in the book but the movie made me really like him a lot more. I guess Will Poulter's performance has a lot to do with it. He really brought Eustace to life and gave him more dimension.

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq
Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club
Great Transformations-Eustace Scrubb

Posted : January 10, 2011 8:29 am
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

Eustace was ok in the book but really annoying before he changes, in the movie I enjoyed him the whole time! Will Poulter brought a depth, humor and just specialness to Eustace's character. :)

Lu

*edit* Plus Reep is awesome!

Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!

Posted : January 12, 2011 11:52 am
greenbird37
(@greenbird37)
NarniaWeb Nut

I liked Caspian in the movie better...he gave more life to his character than in the book and Eustace was so much better in the movie....he really made the annoying cousin so real in the movie, and the acting was superb!

"We have nothing if not belief"

Posted : January 12, 2011 12:27 pm
Narnian_Badger
(@nbadger)
Mushroom mushroom Hospitality Committee

I voted for Caspian, as he seemed more mature. Err, except for the whole Lone Islands incident ("I am your king!"; what was he thinking?!).

By the way, who is "Reepichep"? :p

youtube

Posted : January 19, 2011 5:05 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: