Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe Screen Adaption Ideas

Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

There's no denying that The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe is the most popular book in the Narnia series. Obviously, both the BBC TV Series and the Walden Film franchise started with that one. I thought we have a discussion on ideas on how the new screen adaptation could be done.

They could possibly open with the Pevensies on the train and they arrived at the Professors house again, like what both the BBC and the Walden did.

They will have to at least capture Lucy's child-like wonder when she first steps out in Narnia, with all the snow falling.

I think it will be a challenge on how they're going to do Edmund's inner conflict as he walks towards the White Witch's castle. In the BBC TV series, they had him disembodied from himself, and talks to himself. I could see what they were trying to do there. In the Walden film, they had Edmund in the dungeon at the White Witch's castle, making him realize he made a wrong choice. I've actually liked how they did that, because as I've said, it's kind of tricky to do a inner monologue on screen. One way to do it is to have Edmund talking, and his conscious in V.O.

Any ideas on how a new LWW screen adaption could be done?

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 9, 2024 7:30 pm
Share: