Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Interested in Hosting a Lion Party?

Page 6 / 7
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

I am interested in one in the Twin Cities. I noticed there had been in Minneapolis in the past (I think there was a thread with pictures or something) and hoped there would be one for VDT. However, my sister is graduating from College on the 10th so I am expected to go to that. It is only 2 -2 1/2 hours away from the cities, but I don't know what our plans are for that day yet. In the past, we have seen the Narnia movies together as a family, so I don't know if they will be upset if I make plans to see it without them or if we have any plans about it. (I doubt we have plans yet because I'm usually the one who drives that.) I wouldn't mind seeing it more than once. The movie is released on the 10th at midnight right? Would that be between the 10th and the 11th or the 9th and the 10th?

NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 2, 2010 12:45 pm
Movie Aristotle
(@risto)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I'm not sure what day we'd have it yet, but I'm leaning towards a Sunday afternoon party in Oakdale. -But a party on Thursday night leading up to a midnight showing might be fun too...

Movie Aristotle, AKA Risto

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2010 9:34 am
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

*rapidly calculates times* A Thursday / Friday party would not work well for me. It wouldn't give me much time to sleep before I would have to be on the road to get to my sister's graduation. It helps to be awake when driving. :p Sunday afternoon would be fine though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2010 3:41 pm
sweeetlilgurlie
(@sweeetlilgurlie)
NarniaWeb Guru

I'm definitely hosting a party in Southwest Michigan. I'm flexible to the actual location-- it can be anywhere between Grand Rapids and the bottom of Michigan-- so that we can have maximum amount of people able to attend. At the very least, I'll connive Princess_of_Narnia to come. :)

"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 5, 2010 3:09 pm
joy93
(@joy93)
NarniaWeb Nut

Thanks Starkat for the list! =D

I might be interested in hosting one with my parents, as I'm sure they won't mind, my dad is as eager as I am! It'd be in southeast TN...

If I may ask though, does anyone have any hints or advice for a good Lion Party? Does it have to be at midnight? Do people do stuff after the movie? I've not ever been to one but it sounds amazingly fun, especially to organize one! I must serriously talk to my dad now :P.

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH please do i would love to come to one in TN. Please let me know if you do and i would like to come but it depends on were it is in TN ;)

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 7, 2010 1:48 pm
Dinode
(@dinode)
NarniaWeb Guru

Time: TBD but one weekend after the movie has opened. Likely mid-afternoon.

Anything else... we'll see what happens when it gets closer. I've got two locations in mind and eat out destinations for both as well.

I think I would like to attend and I might be able to convince my family to come with me (or at least drive me there and back), but none of us will go from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset. Sunday would be fine. Also, could we please see it in 3-D? ;;)

Seeking comic book artist, PM for details.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 7, 2010 2:23 pm
OakDryad71
(@oakdryad71)
NarniaWeb Newbie

If anyone is up getting together a Lion party to see the Dawn Treader and lives in the great state of MN, lemme know.

"But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there."

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 8, 2010 11:32 am
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

OakDryad71, there is talk of one perhaps being in the Twin Cities area. See here for the discussion.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 11, 2010 12:05 pm
ClvrEttinsmoorGiant
(@clvrettinsmoorgiant)
NarniaWeb Regular

I don't know if this is the right place but, I wanted to know if it would be worth it to plan a lion party in MI. I'm thinking of some place around Oxford or Flint. If I get some interest we can make it offical.
If you know of anybody that would be interested please let me know. :)

Where there are two Narnia Webbers there are three opinions.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 12, 2010 12:01 pm
MaidenofNarnia
(@maidenofnarnia)
NarniaWeb Regular

I would like to host one. However, I`m afraid a bunch of little kids and their parents will show up. I would really hate that. It`s doubtful that people in my age group would have any interest in this movie. These movies are based on kid`s books after all so it would stand to reason that the young ones would gather.Would anyone over the age of eighteen show up ?!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2010 9:39 am
Dinode
(@dinode)
NarniaWeb Guru

^You said yourself that the parents would come, and teenagers can be very good at watching their siblings while the parents are busy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2010 10:59 am
Benjamin
(@benjamin)
NarniaWeb Guru

Where would it be at Maiden?

--Benjamin

Avvie By Flambeau Sig by Ithilwen
Team Hoodie!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2010 3:14 pm
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

Maiden, I believe the youngest we had in Houston was age 13 or so. Everyone else was high school or older. The first LP I went to in Kansas was pretty much all adults.

Dinode, I usually host the one in Houston on Saturday mid-afternoon. That way if someone wants to come from other places in Texas, it is still possible to pull it off in one day.

I do have to admit that I am not a 3D fan. I get motion sick pretty easily. I haven't quite made up my mind yet and it also depends on what theater is showing the 3D showings. I'll open a thread or facebook page with more details likely at the start of next month.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 17, 2010 9:31 am
Dinode
(@dinode)
NarniaWeb Guru

That's okay, I just won't be able to attend on Saturday or Friday evening, that's all. Maybe I can host my own on Sunday. Or I could just go by myself.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 17, 2010 11:53 am
Tirian541
(@tirian541)
NarniaWeb Regular

Is anyone doing something in Virginia, USA?

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 18, 2010 12:56 pm
Page 6 / 7
Share: