Clear all

Interested in Hosting a Lion Party?

Page 7 / 7
MaidenofNarnia
(@maidenofnarnia)
NarniaWeb Regular

Where would it be at Maiden?

--Benjamin

If I decided to have one it would be in new jersey.

Maiden, I believe the youngest we had in Houston was age 13 or so. Everyone else was high school or older. The first LP I went to in Kansas was pretty much all adults.

Did you leave it open to the public or just Narnia web people?

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2010 3:36 am
Sonny
(@sonny)
NarniaWeb Nut

Sorry Edmund. It's too far to New York City, and it can get pretty slippery trying to drive in December.

I was thinking of one in Rochester. I will definitely be going with friends on the evening of the 10th, but it would be great to do a Lion Party. Is that near you?

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2010 5:13 am
MaidenofNarnia
(@maidenofnarnia)
NarniaWeb Regular

Would anyone be interested in a lion party in new jersey ? If so let me know.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2010 6:06 am
Edmund P
(@edmund-p)
NarniaWeb Nut

I might be able to make it, but it would depend on the city. And, I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be a premier in NYC on December 3rd or 4th. It would make a lot of sense - they would be in London on November 30th, and make it to NYC that weekend for the US premier. So, I would say wait until mid-October to make any firm plans. I have spoken with the head Administrator of NarniaWeb and he tells me that we should be getting a list of premiers by that time.

I met Georgie and Skandar AND saw the film in one evening.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2010 8:47 am
Tirian541
(@tirian541)
NarniaWeb Regular

I might be able to make it, but it would depend on the city. And, I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be a premier in NYC on December 3rd or 4th. It would make a lot of sense - they would be in London on November 30th, and make it to NYC that weekend for the US premier. So, I would say wait until mid-October to make any firm plans. I have spoken with the head Administrator of NarniaWeb and he tells me that we should be getting a list of premiers by that time.

If they do that i hope i can go... even though i am about 5 states aways. :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2010 11:35 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

Maiden, for the first Houston LP (LWW), the organizer brought a pinata and set it up in the lobby. An advertiser for the film was there and we stuffed bags to hand out. That one was a bit more public through events that were happening.

For KC, it was mostly NWeb people.

For the Houston PC LP, some of us brought family and friends who weren't NWebbers, but for the most part it was just us. I actually prefer it that people bring their family and friends. The more the merrier, but also since it is a group of people meeting for the first time from over the internet, it's safer for everyone involved. I'm not saying that anyone may be someone weird, but it offers a security that you don't have one on one. Parents get to see the people their kids have been talking to over the 'net and there is the opportunity to make a lot of new friends that way. :)

Dinode, hope things work out for you. With church services on Sunday, I have a nearly impossible time scheduling anything on Sundays. Which is why I do the Houston LP on Saturday.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2010 3:32 am
EtJ
 EtJ
(@etj)
NarniaWeb Guru

Calling all Floridians!!! PM me if you'd be interested in getting together for a Lion Party!

"To the Great Western Wood, I give you...."

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 23, 2010 12:15 pm
adamie
(@adamie)
NarniaWeb Nut

Is there any lion party being hosted in Belgium or the Netherlands? That would be cool, we have the premiere!

click the image.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 30, 2010 5:10 am
Elanor
(@elanor)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

It would be amazing to go to a lion party, the one that would work would be in Illinois.

NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 30, 2010 6:06 am
Susan's_look_a_like
(@susans_look_a_like)
NarniaWeb Nut

I'm interested an starting to organize a lion party for the Treasure Valley area of Idaho. The Treasure Valley is Boise, Nampa, Caldwell, Eagle, Ontario OR, Mountain Home, and all other towns in between. It's open to anyone in Idaho that want to come. I'm planning on having it at the Majestic Theater in Meridian, ID.

Like Narnia? Read Reading with the Heart: the Way into Narnia
d(^_^)b
Sig & avie: Checkers

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 30, 2010 1:18 pm
aragorn2
(@aragorn2)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I just curious are there any plans for holding a Lion Party in Virgina?

I have never been to one and I would like to know if there will be any nearby.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 13, 2010 4:19 am
Odette
(@odette)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Hey, I'm thinking about an informal one for a midnight opening night showing in the Columbus, Ohio area. Anyone interested? Not sure where yet...

(I'm not sure which theatre is having one: I checked Rave at Polaris because I wanted the digital projection, but they're not having a midnight opening night showing. X( )

I'm not able to make the Lima one due to my church's Christmas production. :(

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 13, 2010 7:16 am
Nioniel
(@nioniel)
NarniaWeb Nut

WELL. I am kind of hosting an unofficial Lion Party in a city in British Columbia, Canada but as far as I know there are no NarniaWebbers anywhere near me, except for Alyosha who was 8-10 hours away so it's unofficial for that reason. So if there's anyone in Northern British Columbia looking for a Lion Party (this Saturday the 11th), I've sort of got one started! :p

ETA: There are actually NWebbers around me, specifically, Lucy_101, *Princess_Lucy*, Inkspell, megaN, and RachelWeeps. All who happen to be either my sisters or friends, and all who happen to be completely inactive, and have been so for the last few years. :p They don't count. ;)

HomeschoolersTakingOverTheWorldClub - PM to join!
"They know everything on NarniaWeb" - Ben Barnes
NW sis to 7 l Twin to SusanP3 l PM pal of A.Fowlfreak
Chief of Random Inquires for the Lurkers Club

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 8, 2010 5:04 pm
Page 7 / 7
Share: