Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Winnie the Pooh SF

Page 1 / 3
Valiant_Lucy
(@valiant_lucy)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Hello, Winnie the Pooh fans! :D Soo...here is where you can talk about your favorite characters, stories, the Disney movies, the books, etc. :)

I'm a fairly recent fan...I mean I never hated Winnie the Pooh, when I was little I watched the movies all the time, but I'd never read the books until this winter, and I just fell in love with them! They're so witty, and amusing, and cute. :D Eeyore has some amazing, hilarious lines full of sarcasm, Pooh bear is adorable and funny, and I also love Rabbit who seems to like to be in charge of things. ;))

So, post away! :D

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe

Topic starter Posted : April 30, 2010 1:23 pm
ForeverFan
(@foreverfan)
NarniaWeb Guru

I guess I've been a fan for some time- especially since my younger brothers have grown up watching the Walt Disney ones, so I naturally started watching them as well. I've even read one or two of the books, but I can't remember much of them.

My favourite characters are Eeyore, Rabbit, and Piglet. Personally speaking, I find Tigger just a little bit on the annoying side. ;)) He's funny yes, but sometimes he gets to be just a little bit too bouncy and full of fun. I prefer the more serious Rabbit. :)

Dear days of old, with the faces in the firelight,
Kind folks of old, you come again no more.
(Robert Louis Stevenson)

Posted : April 30, 2010 1:51 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

I've enjoyed Winnie the Pooh and friends for as long as I can remember. My grandma had a couple Disney videos and the only thing I remember is the opening credits. However, I had a few story tapes and records that I'd listen to over and over and over so I hear those voices for the characters voices while I'm reading.

I think my favourite characters are Eeyore, Piglet, and Pooh. There just wouldn't be any stories without Pooh.

(Can we talk about the two books of poetry (When We Were Very Young and Now We Are Six) that are sometimes packaged with Pooh as well?)

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

Posted : April 30, 2010 2:44 pm
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

I have been az big fan all my life. My favourite movie is the tigger movie. Mainly because tigger is my favourite character. I always rathered the cartoon version other the puppet version of the tv show.

Rabbit is really funny. caring about his garden so much, yelling at tigger, telling off pooh for being so dumb. Rabbit is my second favourite character.

I always thought piglet was a girl until i was about 8 and i read that he was a boy on the internet.

Posted : April 30, 2010 2:53 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

I was treated to readings of the poems by my first school teacher. We must have had at least the first story book from the library, but we were familiar with the tales from lovely recordings played on children's radio programmes.
When I was about nine our teacher read them to the class, and we were old enough to see how funny lots of it was - although we thought we were really too old for them. (why?)
They were still around during my high school years, and "Pooh readings" were part of the social life of the Christian group at University. (Each character had a particular reader,and after many years I can remember most of them. They even featured at the 21st party and wedding reception of "Eeyore" - who became a minister and bible college lecturer. "Pooh" is a primary school teacher, "Piglet" a television producer, and the narrator a well-known history professor).
But that's not all.....

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : April 30, 2010 3:40 pm
Kate
 Kate
(@kate)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Perhaps someone could refresh my memory on how to play "Pooh sticks." I was provided with a bridge and a creek the other day (actually, there's one right by my house), and I wanted to play, but I couldn't remember how. :(

Posted : April 30, 2010 10:39 pm
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I miss waking up at around 5pm to see an episode on old disney channel of Winnie the Pooh. :(

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : April 30, 2010 10:43 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

@Kate:
How to play Poohsticks -

Each player chooses a recognisable "stick" or other floatable item.
Players drop their sticks in at the same time on the UPSTREAM side of the bridge, then hurry to the DOWNstream side to see whose stick emerges first. Decent wide bridges are better than the cute little wooden footbridge in Surrey [?] that inspired the original.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : May 1, 2010 1:31 am
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

I use to play that at y nannys farm when i was younger, we would always forget whos stick was whos because we were to younge to pick stick that were completley different. Also we both didn't like to lose.

Posted : May 1, 2010 2:19 am
sweeetlilgurlie
(@sweeetlilgurlie)
NarniaWeb Guru

Poohsticks is so fun! I always play it with my sister at the nature center by our house. It's marvelous. B-)

And the Pooh books are quite amazing and absolutely hilarious. The little lines from each of the characters just sketch out in broad, accurate strokes of exactly who the character is. I was in a play of "The House at Pooh Corner" and I played Roo. Very fun character.

The illustrations in/on the books are really cute and delightful. I love em.

I am also part of the camp that thought that piglet was a girl for the longest time. :P

"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."

Posted : May 1, 2010 5:56 am
Aslanisthebest
(@aslanisthebest)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

D'awww, Winnie the Pooh! <3

Vintage Winnie the Pooh is adorable. I love all the quilts, baby clothes, calendars, and stuffed animals they have of them. The books are such picturesque little things to hold. And the illustrations are too cute and lovely! =]

Disney Winnie the Pooh is rather sweet, too. Although, I prefer the animated version with the Heffelump and all rather than the puppet-time ones.

My favourite character is Piglet. ^.^

RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia

Posted : May 1, 2010 7:07 am
kittengirl
(@kittengirl)
NarniaWeb Nut

A Pooh Bear Thread! :) I loved the old animated ones!! I watched them alot when I was little. I liked Tigger. :p

If you're a girl Christian Star Wars fan check this place out! http://thelakehouse.bigforumpro.com/
(Siggy by theprincessspy!)

Posted : May 1, 2010 8:26 am
Anonymous
(@anonymous)

Pooh Bear ... lol :p

I have a 1-foot-tall stuffed Pooh Bear, Disney I think.
I've seen the Christmas and Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day TV specials.
I might have seen a Pooh bear movie, but I'm not sure which. :-
I haven't read any of the books.

Favorite characters: Winnie, Eeyore, Tigger :)

Posted : May 1, 2010 11:24 am
daughter of the King
(@dot)
Princess Dot Moderator

*starts singing*
Deep in the Hundred Acre Wood where Christopher Robin played,
you'll find the enchanted neighborhood of Christopher's childhood days.
A donkey named Eeyore is his friend. And Kanga and little Roo.
There's Rabbit, and Piglet, and there's Owl;
but most of all Winnie-the-Pooh.

Okay, someone else can finish the song.

I have read the books, seen the movies, even had a sweatshirt at one point with Pooh on it. I liked Piglet when I was little just because I was on the small and timid side myself. I think my favorite is Pooh, though. "Somebody must be there, because somebody must have said nobody." Winnie-the-Pooh and the Honey Tree (I think that's the one). How can you argue with that logic?
Poohsticks! I loved that game. :D

I have a 1-foot-tall stuffed Pooh Bear, Disney I think.

My brother had one of those. He also had a Piglet, Tigger, Rabbit, Kanga (with Roo of course), and Eeyore.

When I was taking Latin we actually started reading the first Pooh book in Latin. It was hard. Really hard. We knew most of the words, but we had to translate it back to English and for some reason it was really tough to do. We switched to reading some Dr. Seuss.

*starts singing again*
Gloomy old Eeyore nods his head,
he worries away the time.
Owl makes speeches long and loud,
without any reason or rhyme.
While Rabbit is busy pulling weeds,
his carrots grow tall and sweet.
Kanga is baking pies and cakes,
while little Roo's waiting to eat.
And Piglet forever cleaning house
is doing his daily sweep.
Tigger keeps bouncing up and down
perfecting his tiggery leap.
And here comes Winnie-the-Pooh......

I can't believe I still remember all of that.

ahsokasig
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal

Posted : May 1, 2010 1:10 pm
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

I love the books, but I've never seen any of the movies. I prefer Classic Pooh over Disney Pooh anyway ...

I've been to Surrey and played Poohsticks at the original bridge - it is a couple of yards/metres wide, so it's worth playing at.
And I've been to the circle of trees on top of the hill, where "a little boy and his bear forever will be playing".

(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)

Posted : May 1, 2010 1:29 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: