Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Winnie the Pooh SF

Page 3 / 3
Adeona
(@adeona)
Thursday's Wayfaring Child Hospitality Committee

After reading all the other posts I am ashamed to admit that I've never read the original Milne stories! But now I'll have to.

I've always had a fondness for the Disney Winnie, though. I still have the stuffed Pooh I was given as a baby. I used to call him "Winniouwn" and took him with me everywhere. He is quite a mess, after all that! Fur falling out, etc. But I'm still rather attached to him...

And yes, I too was shocked to learn that Piglet is a boy. :)

"In the end, there is something to which we say: 'This I must do.'"
- Gordon T. Smith
avi by Flambeau

Posted : May 13, 2010 6:40 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

I've loved the books since I was six and I still love them. I really want to read them in English. I think Disney spoiled WtP! But I do love the drawings in the books :D They are lovely <3

I do not like what Disney did to Winnie the Pooh. This is the reason I will never visit Disneyland and other Disney parks.
It's sad that the charming, slightly eccentric, upper-middle-class characters were transformed into cartoon characters by redrawing their pictures and rewriting their stories. Those of you who grew up on the Disney version have lost something, by not knowing the originals first. Perhaps transforming their world into a cartoon landscape was more accessible for American children, but the old fashioned English countryside had a charm of its own.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : May 15, 2010 12:14 am
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

Tigger and piglet loosk so cute in the original . I still think they look cute in the Disney cartoon.

Posted : May 15, 2010 12:44 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Lovely drawing of Pooh and Piglet there, with "Small". One of the stories tells of how he had been missing - and there was a search for him.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : May 15, 2010 8:13 pm
narnian1
(@narnian1)
NarniaWeb Guru

Those of you who grew up on the Disney version have lost something, by not knowing the originals first.

I grew up on Disney's version of the characters and love them,
I also haven't read the original books- but I know this is true. I've wanted to try the original books but haven't gotten around to them.

Posted : May 16, 2010 3:53 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: