Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Urban or Rural?

Page 3 / 5
sillygoose
(@sillygoose)
NarniaWeb Nut

I'm more of a city girl. I would love to one day maybe live in New York City for a few years or Boston during my college years. I live in the general D.C area not like in D.C itself but around there. I like the bustle and the noise and how everything just keeps moving. Also I can't sleep when it's too quiet. Being out in the country, well I'd feel isolated too.

Team Edward and Team Jacob are overrated. I'm Team Avatar!

Find me on Tumblr!
http://inside-the-mind-of-a-nerddess.tumblr.com/

Avvie by Rising_Star

Posted : September 11, 2010 4:37 pm
sandyentersNarnia
(@sandyentersnarnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

country girl, definitely. I love being away from the city cause I dislike too much noise and lights. I just want everything natural, not too much artificial. :)

"Two sides of the same coin"

Posted : September 12, 2010 2:16 am
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

I just want everything natural, not too much artificial.I just want everything natural, not too much artificial.

Yes! That sums it up for me. I'd much rather be immersed in God's glorious creation, than in what man has erected, which I too often find chaotic when in abundance (a city). I honestly think I was born in the wrong century, much preferring a more natural lifestyle and setting to the ultra-busy-frantic world of today.

I am thankful that the quiet neighbourhood in which we live is rather a haven in the midst of our small city—trees and small wildlife abound—but I still love getting out to the oasis of the country that lure me from outside the urban areas.

And yet, I could never be isolated, as in a hermit. Oh, to find that balance ...

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

Posted : September 12, 2010 3:11 am
daughter of the King
(@dot)
Princess Dot Moderator

I think my dream place to live would be in a wooded area by a lake but with some houses around so it's not too lonesome and a relatively short drive into a good-sized city with museums, shopping, concerts and the like.

I have spent most of my life living in the suburbs, but have visited both urban and rural areas. They both have much to offer. Rural life offers more nature, a slightly slower pace of life, and less artificial noise in general. Urban life offers amazing architecture, more stuff to choose from, and humongous libraries! Wherever I live there has to be an easily-accessed, well-stocked library.

ahsokasig
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal

Posted : September 13, 2010 2:17 pm
sandyentersNarnia
(@sandyentersnarnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

I just want everything natural, not too much artificial.I just want everything natural, not too much artificial.

Yes! That sums it up for me. I'd much rather be immersed in God's glorious creation, than in what man has erected, which I too often find chaotic when in abundance (a city). I honestly think I was born in the wrong century, much preferring a more natural lifestyle and setting to the ultra-busy-frantic world of today.

Ditto! I have nothing against the city people here, but I really am devoted to nature. I never was taken to places like that, the nature, but even though I haven't, I believe it's better for me to live in the suburbs or somewhere I can think clearly. I don't like smelling pollution, hearing those modern music like raps, I'd rather listen to the birds chirping or classical music. For short, I definitely love Nature.

I think my dream place to live would be in a wooded area by a lake but with some houses around so it's not too lonesome and a relatively short drive into a good-sized city with museums, shopping, concerts and the like.

I kinda like that ;) Good thinking.

Posted : September 14, 2010 2:10 am
Ranger of Llangolenn
(@ranger-of-llangolenn)
NarniaWeb Regular

I'm leaning towards rural right now. The neighbors here are terrible noisy, and the traffic...Ugh.

>--> >--> R a n g e r >--> >-->

22NWsibs
Virtus, castellum meum
As you can tell, I like peeps with cloaks :)

Posted : September 14, 2010 9:43 am
De_De
(@de_de)
NarniaWeb Guru

I'm leaning towards rural right now. The neighbors here are terrible noisy, and the traffic...Ugh.

I agree, traffic is soooooo anoying!

Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club

Posted : September 16, 2010 1:04 am
ChristProclamer
(@christproclamer)
NarniaWeb Nut

I am, unfortunately stuck as a city inhabitant. I'm the country type at heart, though.

The city is hot and noisy and dangerous. The environment is such that a person often wants to simply stay inside all day and never face the temperature (at any season), or the ugly buildings, or the potential muggers, and (worst of all) the neighbors.

My family once stayed in a small town for about a week, and it was wonderful. People were fewer and kinder, the community was neater and prettier, and we actually enjoyed just being in the town a great deal more than we'd expected to.

I think, therefore, that I was meant for small-town life.

Posted : September 16, 2010 11:03 am
sandyentersNarnia
(@sandyentersnarnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

^Yes, I agree. Though the good thing about Rural Life is that you still have fun living in it like the malls, the parks, the restaurants, but mostly, Urban wins of course. Away from stress is what is the best these days.

Posted : September 17, 2010 2:28 am
QueenSusanJ316
(@queensusanj316)
NarniaWeb Nut

Country all the way! I get claustophobic in the city :-s

PM me if you would like be part of a Lion Party in the state of New York!

Posted : October 12, 2010 2:11 pm
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Sandy, I think you confused the two. Urban = cities and suburbs, Rural = country towns and country.

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

Posted : October 12, 2010 2:49 pm
aragorn2
(@aragorn2)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I would never think of living in the city unless there was no other alternative, had to live there for several years and don't want to go back :)

Posted : October 12, 2010 3:10 pm
wild rose
(@wild-rose)
Member Moderator Emeritus

I'm 100% rural. I have a strong dislike for the city, all that traffic, people hurring here and there. I don't mind going to the city every once in a while but I get tired of it very soon. I so perfer to be out in nature, it's calm and quiet there in comparance to the city :)

always be humble and kind

Posted : October 13, 2010 2:43 am
Tierza
(@tierza)
NarniaWeb Regular

I am so, SO rural. I can't abide the racket of city life. I live for chirping birds, wind in the trees, and cricket songs at night. ;;)

Come to the edge, he said.
They said, We are afraid.
Come to the edge, he said.
They came.
He pushed them...and they flew.
-Guillaume Apollinaire

Posted : October 13, 2010 6:06 am
sandyentersNarnia
(@sandyentersnarnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

W4J: Oh yeah! Thanks for the info. :)

I just want to be in that place where you just hear the rushing waters and wind. Very soothing. B-) i-)

Posted : October 13, 2010 9:37 pm
Page 3 / 5
Share: