Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Urban or Rural?

Page 5 / 5
narnianerd
(@assistant-lord-of-the-little-ponies)
NarniaWeb Guru

Um. No, I may be rural but I still like my heat in the winter. The differance that my dad and I installed all of our heating system. And General, its literal. :p No really after 9/11 I swore I'd never work or live in a really tall skyscrapper. Well actually, considering I was around five when that hapened, I swore it after I watched video of it again.

And if you keep your gun cleaned, up to date on repairs and all around funtional, it should work flawlessly. Guns don't fail as often as movies make them do.

And farming is country, take corn for example, I don't know how that isn't natural. Just cause we mass produce the corn doesn't mean it ain't Natural, its like plants using mass produced sunlight.

If you ain't first, you're last.

Posted : November 23, 2010 2:00 am
Bother Eustace
(@bother-eustace)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I guess I'd be labeled a city boy, though I've never actually lived in a city per se. I live in a suburban-type city. No skyscrapers or anything like that. The nearest honest-to-goodness city is only about half an hour away, but it's not super huge or anything, just a few average-sized towers, nothing too huge. But yeah, I certainly don't live in the country. My hometown is not small, but it is nice - it's heralded as one of the most clean and eco-friendly cities in my part of the state, actually.

I've visited many big cities in my life - Chicago, New York, Seattle, San Francisco, Washington D.C., etc. - and I've found them all very interesting. It's like each one has it's own unique personality; you can't judge them together. Take New York, for example. Loud, crowded, dirty, but very alive, very up-to-date, very 'hip' if you know what I mean. Then there's Chicago: not nearly so crowded (at least from what I remember), and more business-like. Washington D.C. is very clean (just compare it's subway system to New York's sometime!) though it has a much more stiff, professional air to it all.

As to which atmosphere I would ultimately prefer to live in... I don't know for sure. Both the big city and the country enchant me in different ways, I think. I've visited both, spent time in both, had fun in both, made friends from both. I think that's the way I like it; I live in sort of the in-between compromise, and visit the extremes when I feel like it. Life's good that way, for me anyway. :D

"Of course we've got to find him (if we can). That's the nuisance of it. It means a search party and endless trouble. Bother Eustace." ~ Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Sig: lover of narnia

Posted : November 24, 2010 6:10 am
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

I love visiting cities, and seeing what they're like. But I would much rather live in the country. Or even better, the woods. (Not sure what category the woods and nature would fit into).

~Riella =:)

Posted : February 11, 2011 11:04 am
georgiefan1
(@georgiefan1)
NarniaWeb Guru

I'm a bit of both, I live in a small city. But I'm close to alot of big cities and love the fun of them :)

I like rural areas but I couldnt live in them forever- I would get to bored

NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!

Posted : February 11, 2011 12:29 pm
SusanTheArcher
(@susanthearcher)
NarniaWeb Regular

Definitely urban! I grew up in a huge city, and I just love the benefits of living here. There's pretty much nothing I can't find in this city, and I just get bored in the country, not to mention suburbia scares me. It's too... symmetrical and clean. I sometimes wish I were in the countryside, like today: it was raining and as I walked past the park it smelled like earth and wood and made me think of the country. I'd like to have a country house in New England and escape there every so often, but I couldn't live in the country all the time. It obviously has its perks, it's beautiful and relaxing, and there are things you can't do in a city (like horseback riding :( ) but I can't seem to get anything done and feel energised in the country. I would go crazy, and lack of super-efficient public transportation is something I can't stand.

"'I say that if one could know what will happen after death, then not one of us would be afraid of death....One's afraid of the unknown, that's what it is.'" -- Tolstoy, War and Peace

My LiveJournal

Posted : February 25, 2011 3:32 pm
puddleglum32
(@puddleglum32)
NarniaWeb Nut

Im sorta in the middle. I was born in rural, but i now live in the city.

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!

Posted : February 25, 2011 3:37 pm
Page 5 / 5
Share: