Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] typos...

Page 2 / 2
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Yep, sure enough, Aslans_Jewel. That non-space is in my book as well. :-s

At the moment, the choice would be simple.I can survive just fine without either of them.

Eep, that was so hard to actually type without a space. It went against every grain in my editing body, and leaves me with a loopy and very unsettled feeling. 8-}

Warrior, the words cuc/cucs are really common here as short forms for 'cucumber'. ;)) And I like how it sounds too, wolfloversk. B-)

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

Posted : November 17, 2010 11:18 pm
Valiant
(@valiant)
NarniaWeb Guru

:p I make soooooooooooooooooo many typos and I'm sure all of you have noticed. Its just that I'm so excited to say something that I rush. So I end up with a million typos.

Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic

Posted : November 21, 2010 9:18 am
waterkid72
(@waterkid72)
NarniaWeb Regular

I try to avoid as much typos as possible. But when I write to fast is particularly hard to do so. Sometimes I tend to write adn instead of "and". I don't whether to chuckle or to frown.

"Through vigilance and strength we create peace."

I just want to be hidden in the shadows... this silence; this cold.

Posted : January 3, 2011 6:28 pm
wisewoman
(@wisewoman)
Member Moderator Emeritus

One of our favorite typos at my work (a marketing agency) was something that should have read, "nuclear power plants" — but that instead read, "nuclear power pants." :D

Oh, and there was the big run of truck magnets we did — before I started working here, I might add — that said "Digital Cable Simplifed." They had to reprint the entire order! I have one of the misspelled ones in my cubicle, just to make me feel necessary ;))

"It is God who gives happiness; for he is the true wealth of men's souls." — Augustine

Posted : January 4, 2011 1:36 am
Radagast of Mirkwood
(@radagast-of-mirkwood)
NarniaWeb Regular

My biggest typos are definitely homonyms. For example I certainly know the difference between “new” and “knew”. But I’ll be typing an email to my friend about his awesome new game system, but I’ll subconsciously type “knew” anyway.

Real life example: I really love the knew wii you got for Christmas. All I got for Christmas were some knew computer games.

I was quite embarrassed to say the least...

Protector of the Birds and Beasts of Middle Earth.

Posted : January 4, 2011 3:24 am
Valiant_Lucy
(@valiant_lucy)
Member Moderator Emeritus

I know I make tons of typos, sometimes I know something's misspelled but I'm just too lazy to fix it. ;)) When I was younger and would write little stories a lot, one of my biggest typos was "waste" instead of "waist"
So the sentence would look like (and this was supposed to be a very romantic scene) "he slid his arms around her waste". Yeeeah. =))

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe

Posted : January 4, 2011 4:30 am
Eagle Scout
(@eagle-scout)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I always make the second letter after a cap also a cap.... Looks really werid

memento mori

Topic starter Posted : May 30, 2011 11:36 am
Kira
 Kira
(@kira)
NarniaWeb Nut

I'm constantly typing homtail instead of hotmail when I'm typing in my email. I also quite often accidentally type or write form instead of from or vice versa.

Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am He, I am He who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
- Isaiah 46:4

Posted : May 30, 2011 5:49 pm
Louloudi the Centaur
(@louloudi-the-centaur)
Member Hospitality Committee

Earlier this month, my family was driving to see Niagara Cave. There is a typo on a billboard on the way there that says there is a "picinic" area. Does Yogi Bear happen to live there? :p

Posted : July 27, 2011 1:22 pm
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Th only time when I make a typo is because of three.. well four reasons and those are:

1. I am tired
2. I'm mad about something (I type fast when I'm mad)
3. I type lightly and sometimes the button for a word is skipped when I press too lightly.
4. I don't usually spell check or look over what I write and I really need to start doing that.

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : July 27, 2011 6:27 pm
MinotaurforAslan
(@minotaurforaslan)
NarniaWeb Junkie

'Cucumber' is not one of those words that you can shorten.

"Cuke" is the correct shortened form.

(Oh, the things one learns from watching Veggietales...)

Posted : July 27, 2011 11:49 pm
Weirdo
(@weirdo)
NarniaWeb Nut

A lot of people call me Wierdo, or Wier. :D
I see 'i;m' instead of 'I'm' all the time. (ack, that rhymed. Hehe :D )
My little sister wrote 'orange' as 'oarnge' once. =))

Member of the Switchfoot Club! :D
NW siblings: wild rose, DeDe, The Jedi Clone, Melian Maia, Gathmandais, TheDwarfMan, and csjesi.
I'm a Northie! :D
Member of Loki's Army
Aegrenil, fifth Time Guardian.

Posted : September 27, 2011 9:58 am
Miss Rosario
(@miss-rosario)
NarniaWeb Guru

I always feel obligated to fix typos right away. Usually my mistakes are simply due to the fact that I'm trying to type too fast. ;)) For example: "and" turns to "adn", "the" turns to "teh", "like" turns to "liek." It annoys me to no end.

Icon by fireworks123
NW little sister to Windsong
NW twin to Rosie

"I don't run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet." -Nadia Comaneci

Posted : October 1, 2011 11:56 am
Lilygloves
(@lilygloves)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I was looking at a flyer or something for a church or some sort of event that offers council for couples and it said spuse instead of spouse. I thought it was really funny because spuse just sounds funny. :D

Posted : October 1, 2011 2:59 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

I also mix up the homophones. I know the difference, but my right hand apparently does not. The other day I mixed up know and no. And don't even get me started on two, too, and to.

And in my German hw, I accidentally forgot the t in "ist" so it made it English "is" (Ist means he/she/it is by the way) That was embarrassing Sometimes I think I make more typos in Spanish and German than I do in English!

Someone spelt my username wrong on another forum... I've always wanted to say something, but I don't want to embarrass them. I've wondered if they ever made me into a mod if I could fix it without anyone noticing ymwhisle It actually doesn't bother me too much, I find it rather funny.

oh and punctuation! Commonly forgotten: ?, ), and. (yes my not correcting the above was intentional)

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : October 1, 2011 4:27 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: