Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] typos...

Page 1 / 2
Eagle Scout
(@eagle-scout)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Come on you have to have seen at least one in your life time! :-s So what are some weird and/or funny typos you have seen?
If you can try to post the typo and the correct text.

memento mori

Topic starter Posted : August 29, 2010 1:06 pm
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

I saw a bunch in an e-mail once -- the kind you forward.

Supposed to be: Tonight: Karen's beautiful solo, "It is well with my soul."

What it said: Tonight: Karen's beautiful solo, "It is well with my solo."

=))

~Riella

Posted : August 29, 2010 3:07 pm
MinotaurforAslan
(@minotaurforaslan)
NarniaWeb Junkie

One time when I was away on a trip, I sent an email to my dad saying I had gotten 6 souvenirs for the family (there are 6 other people in my family). But I mistyped, and he thought I had gotten 67 souvenirs. :p

Posted : August 29, 2010 11:32 pm
Daughter_of_Ramandu
(@daughter_of_ramandu)
NarniaWeb Nut

On my friends cheerleading form when she made cheerleader at school it had prices on how much a lot of things would cost like the uniform, jacket, etc and for the shirts they accidently left the "r" in shirts out. We had a big kick out of it. =))

Co-Founder of Jilrian Club, Jill/Tirian. PM DamselJillPole or me to join.
A proud Supporter of the Caspian/Lilliandil Romance!
I support Laura Brent!

Posted : August 30, 2010 9:17 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

Oh I make typos all the time- once I was chatting with my freind and I made a typo, so I tried to correct it, but I made a typo in the correction, and then I tried to correct it again and I made another typo, so I just gave up.

Last week my aunt was texting me and she accidentally deleted the whole thing with out realizing it so all I got was a blank message. =))

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : August 30, 2010 4:35 pm
Daughter_of_Ramandu
(@daughter_of_ramandu)
NarniaWeb Nut

^ That happened to me before. I was texting to someone very fast and then I accidentally pushed the backwards button as I was trying to send it and my friend got a blank message. =))

Co-Founder of Jilrian Club, Jill/Tirian. PM DamselJillPole or me to join.
A proud Supporter of the Caspian/Lilliandil Romance!
I support Laura Brent!

Posted : August 31, 2010 3:48 am
Narnia Girl
(@narnia-girl)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Once my sister was reading a story I had written, and suddenly she exclaimed, "'Lena snapped her forehead'?! What's that supposed to mean?" I had accidentally written "snapped her forehead" instead of "slapped her forehead." ;)) We were both cracking up.

Founder of the Dragon Fan Club - PM me to join!
Team Hoodie!
I've met Michael English!
Avie and sig by theprincessspy.

Posted : August 31, 2010 5:23 am
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Usually I'll mess up my a's and e's on keyboards. Most of all and I have a serious problem with this too. I'll repeat a word very often like. "I went in in class today." I seriously can't stop doing that a lot. :p =))

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : September 3, 2010 11:02 pm
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

I always mix up letters.
Like I almost always spell Narnia as Nanria. And Penelope is Pelenope. and They is Htey. Or I put in an extra letter by accident. One time on here, when I was trying to spell my name, I put Rieollya instead of Riella.

~Riella

Posted : September 5, 2010 7:54 pm
narnialover4
(@narnialover4)
NarniaWeb Nut

Yeah, same here Eustace+Jill: I always spell Narnia as Nanria. I hate it when you can spell a person's name and they expect you to get it wrong and then for some reason you do spell it wrong.

"Are you sure you're eighteen?"
"Why? Do I look older?"

Posted : September 28, 2010 11:01 am
Lady Haleth
(@lady-haleth)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Reminds me of the time I tried to say that 'the elk were eating the trees'. But what I actually said was 'the elves were eating the trees'
The typo that always gets on my nerves is 'becuase' for 'because'.

The glory of God is man fully alive--St. Iraneus
Salvation is a fire in the midnight of the soul-Switchfoot

Posted : September 28, 2010 2:28 pm
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

When grocery shopping this morning, I saw an attractive and neatly-written sign above the cucumber display that said, big and bold ...

ENGLIH CUC'S

8-}
Two obvious mistakes in as many words. /:) I almost felt like mentioning something to the manager. ;))

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

Posted : November 17, 2010 8:07 am
Aslans_Jewel
(@aslans_jewel)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I was reading the last book of the Hunger Games, Mockingjay the other day, and noticed the forget a space before the last sentence of the first paragraph on Chapter 24. I was not amused...-_- I think I have a slight OCD problem

no longer active. every once in a while ill pop back for the memories. good to see a few recognizable names 🙂

Posted : November 17, 2010 3:05 pm
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

JoHobbit, even 'English Cucs' doesn't make sense. 'Cucumber' is not one of those words that you can shorten.

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

Posted : November 17, 2010 3:16 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

JoHobbit, even 'English Cucs' doesn't make sense. 'Cucumber' is not one of those words that you can shorten.

Well perhaps not in writing, but cucs (if that's how it's spelt) sure does sound cool :P Of course I may be slightly biased since my dad says it all the time so it's become one of those childhood memories...

Ah the other day in the chat, I typed lo0l instead of lol... and I corrected myself, but nn said "lo0l works too" and then we just started using it instead (so if you ever see me write that, you now know why...) It was much funnier when it happened, I laughed so hard I cried... literally 8-}

Can almost guarentee (sp?) you she made at least one typo in this post... probably more...

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : November 17, 2010 3:41 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: