Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] SF - Mysteries Abound With Three Well Known Detectives

Page 2 / 2
Watziznehm
(@watziznehm)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Hardy Boys! Yay! The second edition or "version" is my favorite, in the fifties or sixties. It is simply so because they constitute the majority of what I have read. However, once I went through a first version one and seem to remember it being more "meaty" or complex than what I am accustomed to, no irony intended.

The thing that I love most about the Hardy Boys is that they solve crimes the old fashioned way, none of this CSI stuff. When they are on a case, sharp attention to detail is required, but sometimes a bit of luck goes a long way. You never know what there going to HAPPEN upon next. Instead of the surprising turn of events being who's who, it is what they happen upon. This story structure is truly rare in today's mystery stories and I miss it. :(

Sig by greenleaf23.

Posted : September 22, 2010 6:04 pm
narnialover4
(@narnialover4)
NarniaWeb Nut

I absolutely love Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys!! I personally enjoy reading the Hardy Boys better though...I don't know why, I just do. I wish they still made those kind of books for kids...not all this vampire junk (no offense to Twilight fans). I love the show too. Does anyone else think that Frank and Nancy should be a couple? Ned and Callie would make a pretty nice couple too :)

"Are you sure you're eighteen?"
"Why? Do I look older?"

Posted : September 28, 2010 10:39 am
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Please note that this Special Feature will be closing on Monday, October 4, after which you may continue discussing these detectives in the appropriate thread (Books, Television, or Past Movies).

If you have an idea for a Special Feature, please PM one of the Spare Oom mods.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

Posted : September 29, 2010 7:56 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: