Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Navigating the Dark Island of the Covid-19

Page 7 / 18
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee
Posted by: @the-old-maid

Fortunately, we are not alone. We have a God who never leaves us nor forsakes us.

Amen! Hug I must say, while it hasn't been an easy year at all, it's certainly led me to pray more deeply than ever, for the world as well as for myself and my loved ones, and I've been feeling closer to God these past months than ever before.

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

Posted : December 18, 2020 5:48 pm
Col Klink
(@col-klink)
NarniaWeb Junkie

My mother, with whom I live, has been diagnosed with COVID. 🙁 

What really makes it a pain is that we usually have a few relatives, who live in our town, over for Christmas Eve and exchange gifts with them. Now we can't do that. And my mother and I were really enjoying a Bible study at Church. Now we can't do that. Before this, I felt almost like a prisoner in my own home. Now I feel like a complete prisoner. 

Of course, there are reasons to be thankful. We don't believe my mother is going to die. And this didn't happen until after my trip to Texas to visit my brother and his wife. But I see no reason this couldn't have happened next month. Or the month after that. Or never!

For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen check out my new blog!

Posted : December 22, 2020 7:49 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

@col-klink So sorry to hear your news — an awful thing to be dealing with, as you say, especially at this time of year. Here's hoping your mother gets well soon and you stay safe as well. I'm sure all your NarniaWeb friends here will join me in sending prayers and good thoughts for the both of you. 

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

Posted : December 22, 2020 9:34 am
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

@col-klink, I, too, am really sorry to hear of this news. There are so many questions, aren't there? Thinking of you and your mother this Christmas season. May you know the deep hope that the coming of the Christ child brings especially in this challenging and troubling time. Is there any way the Bible study can be continued via Zoom or akin? As Courtenay mentioned, our hearts and prayers are with you. Hug  

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

Posted : December 24, 2020 9:42 am
narnianerd
(@assistant-lord-of-the-little-ponies)
NarniaWeb Guru

Oh boy, I know I'm tagging in here at half time, but I'm ready, coach! Okay, so I'm currently stationed in the U.S state of Oklahoma, have been for the entirety of Covid, and boy, has it been a ride. It started back in March, of course; I had just been selected for a job position organizing recreation and volunteer events for soldiers. Social distancing protocols immediately sidelined me for the next three months.

So that was an exciting period, not going to lie. I had all these cool events planned, then whoosh, gone. I basically just went go the office and did nothing for three months straight.

Oh, and I had intended on taking night classes here at our local Vocational school. I was hoping to obtain my EMT-B license before I exited the U.S Military in march of 21. So that was supposed to start in April. It got pushed back to June, but thankfully that still left enough time for me to finish by late January; I'm doing clinicals for my class right now and I'm seeing first hand the affect Covid has on people. It ain't too pretty.

It's been a wild ride, that's for sure; I do hope this finds you and your families well! May next year be better than the last. ?

If you ain't first, you're last.

Posted : December 28, 2020 7:28 pm
Movie Aristotle
(@risto)
NarniaWeb Junkie

@col-klink, I hope you and your family are well.

I myself caught COVID despite all the safety measures this year. Fortunately, I caught it early enough to be out of quarantine just before Christmas.

@jackalopeofevul, Thanks for your hard work on your EMT-B license.

Movie Aristotle, AKA Risto

Posted : December 28, 2020 11:08 pm
Col Klink
(@col-klink)
NarniaWeb Junkie

@jo I'm not sure. A lot of the people at my Church are old and I'm not sure how congenial Zoom is to them. I'm not that old and I don't even really Zoom that much. LOL.

But I thank you and Movie Aristotle for your empathy. Christmas actually turned out pretty pleasant for my family.

For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen check out my new blog!

Posted : December 29, 2020 11:38 am
johobbit
(@jo)

Ahh, yes, I understand. Thankful to hear that Christmas was more pleasant than not for you and yours, @col-klink. How is your mother doing now?

Posted : December 29, 2020 11:43 am
Col Klink
(@col-klink)
NarniaWeb Junkie

We believe she's on the road to recovery. (She can yawn now, which she couldn't before. It's a big relief for her.) My Dad and I will be tested soon. I've had a few symptoms but they were pretty passing. So we're interested to see the doctor's diagnosis for me.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Col Klink

Posted : December 29, 2020 12:51 pm
johobbit liked
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee

Hmmm @ Colonel Klink, I'm glad to hear your Mum is on the road to recovery. And I do most earnestly hope you & your Dad are clear of any infection.

There is hope for vaccines to be available soon, but it doesn't look like we are free of this particular plague just yet. Just as we think we have it beaten there is an outbreak either here, in the North Shore this time, or somewhere else across the continent, this time from a cargo ship. Hmmm  

Posted : December 29, 2020 2:56 pm
The Old Maid
(@the-old-maid)
NarniaWeb Nut

Remember the t.p. hoarders?

If the year 2020 were a roll of toilet paper ...

Thumbnail

(Reddit did it; don't blame me.)

Everyone please have the best New Year's Day possible under the circumstances.

It's back! My humongous [technical term] study of What's behind "Left Behind" and random other stuff.

The Upper Room | Sponsor a child | Genealogy of Jesus | Same TOM of Toon Zone

Posted : December 30, 2020 3:28 pm
Joyce Adrift
(@joyce-adrift)
NarniaWeb Newbie

There is a new strain in England, South Africa and Australia, but I don’t know if they are related.

Lord, bring us through this and show us what to do 

Posted : December 30, 2020 6:33 pm
coracle liked
johobbit
(@jo)

Any more news at your end, @col-klink?

One of our sons and our daughter-in-law live in Québec, where new COVID restrictions were announced today. Beginning this Saturday, a nighttime curfew will be in effect for one month—from 8 pm to 5 am. The exceptions are essential workers and dog walkers (must stay near home, though). This is the first province in Canada to implement a curfew.

Here in Ontario, we have been in our second lockdown since Dec. 26. The government will reassess by Jan 23 and either extend it or start loosening restricitons (many are thinking the former). Elementary schools were to return this Monday, but the rumour is that this will be extended too.

Posted : January 6, 2021 6:53 pm
Col Klink
(@col-klink)
NarniaWeb Junkie

My Dad and I tested negative so it looks like we'll be able to go out and about. And my Mom is allowed to go back to work.

Posted : January 6, 2021 7:08 pm
johobbit liked
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee
Posted by: @joyce-adrift

There is a new strain in England, South Africa and Australia, but I don’t know if they are related.

Lord, bring us through this and show us what to do 

Yes we have had problems in Australia, mostly in New South Wales. Today Victoria said they had no new infections, & most of the time our government bodies are scouting around to round up those people who need isolation. We heard tonight that the vaccines we are to have are to be sped up to mid February. 

England sounds terrible, & we don't know about South Africa, which is on the other side of the Indian Ocean. Wearing of masks is now compulsory for the time being. It seems strange that seeing women wearing niqabs & men wearing hold-up masks were seen as confronting, a whole two years ago. 

But courage, we will get by somehow.

Posted : January 7, 2021 1:29 am
Page 7 / 18
Share: