Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Most Embarassing Moments

Aslanisthebest
(@aslanisthebest)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

So, I remember we had an embarassing moment thread in the old forum, and thought it'd be amusing to bring it back over here.

Of course, nothing inappropriate and forum rules apply....

Mods, if it isn't right to open this thread, then do take it off. :)

Being very introverted, I get a lot of unusual embarassing moments. Nothing really like tripping or anything, but things that are definitely just embarassing. ;))

RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia

Topic starter Posted : July 24, 2011 6:50 pm
wild rose
(@wild-rose)
Member Moderator Emeritus

oh this should be a fun thread

I think my most embarassing moment was when I was at a camp and there was this boy that I had a crush on and it was at the last night there was a disco and my sister told me she was going to ask the boy to ask me to dance, I plead with her not to, but she did.....and so he asked me and I said...no :p I was so embarassed, I laugh when I think of it now but then I felt so humiliated :p

always be humble and kind

Posted : July 25, 2011 7:09 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

I have recently begun wearing a promise (or True Love Waits) ring. this past week at VBS, I was a crew leader. my helper, whom I had not previously met, is a 13 year old boy. he saw my ring and asked, "Are you engaged?"
:p =))
awkward! :P :P

and another time, a while ago, I was sitting by myself at home when the phone rang. I picked it up and said, "Hello?" a man's voice replied, "Is Alice there?"
foolishly, I decided to go along with it.
"This is Alice," I said.
the man said, "Are we still on for our date tonight?"

I instantly hung up the phone really quick. :P
I hope that I didn't ruin the date for the real Alice :P :P

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : July 25, 2011 9:19 am
Queen Susan
(@queen-susan)
NarniaWeb Guru

Wellll, yesterday I had a slightly embarrassing moment... 😉

We were at Village Inn, the restaurant, and I had some strawberry lemonade. I'm not sure what happened, but I knocked it over and it all spilled into my lap... I was with a group of friends, but it was still rather awkward.
And I was the only one really laughing, so that was sort of awkward too. 😉 Everyone was asking "Are you okay?" and I guess I would have asked them the same thing... but still. Spilling lemonade over myself isn't damaging, apart from my pride... It would have been better if they all laughed. ;)

It's sort of funny now, but... rather embarrassing at the time...

Posted : August 6, 2011 2:10 pm
De_De
(@de_de)
NarniaWeb Guru

Oh my Libby...that must have been really awkward :D

I had a similar situation Queen Susan. Only it was tea, and a bunch of new people I had just met...very awkward (especially when I was the only one laughing).

Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club

Posted : August 8, 2011 9:36 am
Valiant
(@valiant)
NarniaWeb Guru

When I was younger, I found this really embarassing:

I was about 5 and going trick-or-treating. I saw a mother with her child who had a huge bag of candy in front of a house. I went up to them and thinking they were giving out candy, I said "trick-or-treat." However they weren't giving out candy, they were going around for candy as well. LOL. Its funny because I felt so silly about it, but now I realize no one would have cared for more than a moment. :p

Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic

Posted : August 8, 2011 9:38 am
TheGeneral
(@thegeneral)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I could think of endless embarassing moments... lol.

One time I went to get ice from the machine in a hotel, and then went marching back into the room only to find a stranger in there watching TV (I was in the wrong room) LoL

When I was about 11 or 12 I twisted my knee in gymnastics, and I couldn't walk out of the gym area because it hurt too much, so one of my coaches carried me. That was so embarassing for me, I felt weak for not being able to walk, and then the coach was very handsom too.

Posted : August 8, 2011 10:36 am
Aslanisthebest
(@aslanisthebest)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Queen S, oh my goodness! They should have at least laughed with you. ;)

AAH, I can't believe how embarassing that would have been (the hotel incident), The General. O.O

I'm trying to remember what embarssing moments I've had. I have a lot, but now they don't come to mind.... :P

RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia

Topic starter Posted : August 8, 2011 10:38 am
sillygoose
(@sillygoose)
NarniaWeb Nut

My family had a party one Sunday and everyone there was of the "older generation" and they all spoke only Vietnamese. My vietnamese is okay, but I'm not fluent so I sometimes don't understand the language that they use. So before this one lady left, she pulled me aside and asked me how old I was, what grade I was in, typical stuff. Then all of a sudden she asks me if I was pregnant. I was kinda like wait what? And btw I'm tiny like 95 pounds, 5 ft 1 tiny, soo this question caught me off guard. I didn't want to be rude and I didn't really know what to say so I just kept smiling and nodding and pretending that I knew what she was talking about.

Later I asked my mom what the word she said meant. It turns out that I had mistaken the Vietnamese word for "boyfriend" with "pregnant". So instead she was asking me if I had a boyfriend, not if i was pregnant. Silly me 8-}

Team Edward and Team Jacob are overrated. I'm Team Avatar!

Find me on Tumblr!
http://inside-the-mind-of-a-nerddess.tumblr.com/

Avvie by Rising_Star

Posted : August 8, 2011 8:02 pm
Narnian_Archer
(@narnian_archer)
NarniaWeb Junkie

TheGeneral, ooh, I know how the second one feels! I had a similar experience when I was 9 or 10. We were at a camp, and my big brother was in the older boys group and I was in the younger girls group. The "big boys" would go out every morning running, and I wanted to go too. So my big brother took me with him (I was a skinny, blonde little runt) and I wanted to "show off" how "fast" I could run compared to all the 13-14 year old boys, so I ran and I tripped and I fell and skinned my knee. It was really bloody and everyone gathered around me...and they chose the handsomest coach to lead me back to the living facilities. That was terribly embarrassing!! First he was carrying me, but then I insisted I could walk, so we walked. He was very kind and talked to me and tried to reassure me that everything was okay, which was very kind of him, but the whole experience was terribly embarrassing!! I vowed never to show off again!!! 8-|

sillygoose Yeowch!! That must have been embarrassing!! I can imagine how I would feel!!

sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose

Posted : August 8, 2011 9:46 pm
wild rose
(@wild-rose)
Member Moderator Emeritus

I had a rather embarassing moment, my sister's boyfriend, my sister and I were sitting at the table and he had just poured me and him a cup of coffee and I had reached over to get a slice of tomato and somehow the slice slipped out of my hand and SPLASH fell straight into my coffee, which sent a coffee shower all over the table I felt a little uncomfortable :p

always be humble and kind

Posted : August 12, 2011 9:35 am
Share: